“Fabulous pizza” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Rye Brook, New York
“Fabulous pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Found this little restaurant based on TA reviews. Lunch service was speedy, friendly, and the pizza was the best we've had in Italy so far. The Diavolo (spicy salami) was delicious. Prices were reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Rude waiters and below average food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited as the restaurant looked nice from the outside and the waiter outside was nice enough to give us directions to our hotel when we arrived. Once we sat down it all changed and they grumpy waiters took our orders. My chicken for the main course was pink in the middle and in a watery bland gravy with microwaved vegetables. When I asked for the chicken to be sent back the waiter "tutted" at me and mumbled.

He made me feel like it was my fault that the chicken was un-cooked.

Would never recommend anyone to go here and I got charged €50 for the privilege of this well below-par experience.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

The restaurant was recommended to us and it did not disappoint. We ate there every night. The pizza was excellent as was the pasta - we loved the "scialiatelli". Everything was fresh including the fish that we ate. Great service, friendly staff, very well priced. Our favourite restaurant during our travels in Italy. We would love to return!

• Visited June 2013
Essex
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant was booked for us by our private tour guide and it was just the kind of restaurant we would have chosen.
The food was excellent along with excellent service from the friendly staff.
Would strongly recommend the pasta with shellfish. My son would recommend the Tiramisu!
Would strongly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a typical Italian bistro.

Encinitas, California
“Must go there!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I only had one day in this darling town, so I am really glad to say we picked the best restaurant by accident. La tavern di Masaniello is nestled in a corner off of a quaint courtyard. I had one of the best soups yet on this three week trip though Italy. Loaded with fresh veges. I topped it with fresh parmesean cheese, which made it even richer.The pizza was house made to order. Fresh squeezed orange juice was not on the menu, but when we asked if they had it, no problem! The owner pulled about six oranges from the glass refrigerator case and made it for us. Wow! Super friendly staff.

• Visited April 2013