You added NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi to your Saves list
NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Annunziatella, 46 | Amalfi Coast, City Centre, 84011 Amalfi, Italy (Formerly Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersGold level
Adendorf, Deutschland
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Excelent view and great time :-). We stayed at this hotel during our recent stay in Amalfi and loved it. Everything was as described on the website. The hotel and rooms have beautiful views and the hotel is centrally located in Amalfi. All the staff was extremely helpful at all times and always very nice and polite. Our room was also very nice with a quiet location, plenty of clothing space and a large bathroom. We will absolutely stay in the hotel again and will recommend to any friends traveling to the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

FulviaClapier, Direttore at NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Tom,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing the Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi for your vacation and it was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I wish also to thank you for taking the time to write your comments after your stay. I am truly glad you enjoyed our hospitality and service and your words were much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hotel Convneto and in the meantime we send you our best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

I have never written a review on a hotel before and have stayed in many around the world. However, I felt particularly compelled to write about this hotel as I have never had such a faultless experience. My husband and I have just returned from our honeymoon and stayed here for 4 nights. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted with a welcome drink on the beautiful terrace, this was lovely touch after our journey. Once checked in we found a complimentary bottle of fizz in our room. Our view was breathtaking, the room spotless with a cool and crisp feel. Bathroom was very well equipped including razors which came in handy for my husband having forgotten his. Beds are made perfectly every day and pulled down for you at night with chocolates at your bedside, again a lovely touch.
The service we received from everyone was just fantastic. Staff can't do enough for you and are so welcoming, friendly and professional. The pool is just breathtaking. The breakfast is delicious with so much choice. I would recommend booking dinner in the hotel also. We ate there on our last night and it was the best meal we'd had the whole trip (which in Amalfi is some going, the food is gorgeous everywhere). The chef sent out little extras for us to taste, it was truly a great experience.
We booked the Lemon Tour through the hotel. I would definitely recommend this. It really gives you an insight into the beauty and culture of Amalfi. The man who takes this is so passionate about the lemon grove and his family business. It was fantastic and the cake at the end was to die for.
As I say, I have never felt compelled to write a review before but was is impressed with this hotel I had to. There was nothing I could think of to improve, it was faultless.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sarah,

I truly appreciate the time, and your first time!, you took to share your feedback after your stay.

I’m delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and I’m furthermore glad to learn your appreciation about the kindness and professionalism of the Hotel Staff and I’ll be happy to extend your comments to the whole team with a special note to our Chef Alberto who is waiting for your return to surprise you with his new recipes!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Grand Hotel Convento and in the meantime we send you our best regards,
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

The original foundation of this hotel are from 1212 I think the beds are the same. If you're into hard uncomfortable beds even worse pillows... But a great view and great service, in a town that offers nothing special this is your place.....!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

After the hectic stay in Rome and Naples, the hotel with its phenomenal service felt like paradise on earth. The views from the hotel restaurant and the Monk terrace leading from the hotel to its pool are just amazing and best in Amalfi. Loved enjoying my morning coffee and breakfast on the most beautiful terrace in the world and relaxing in the infinity pool...

The hotel has two parts - one is in the ancient XII century convent. Just walking around the hotel feels like diving into history. You can till see the XII century cloister with ancient frescos and sculptures where wedding receptions are still held. I guess room in the old part of the hotel, although renovated, are small and may have limited views. The other part of the hotel was added in the XX century. All hotel was renovated in 2010. Our room was the biggest room at the corner of the hotel on it highest floor in the newer part. It was a suite and had a huge sunbathing terrace (but we had to pay a fortune for it). The room next to us was also great, not a suite but its terrace had better views. The room was immaculately clean - always. they check the rooms twice a day.. The bed was very comfortable...

The rooms décor is quite simplistic - the region is famous for its linen, so my guess is the hotel interior designer tried to reflect it in the design - everything is linen, white or beige.

The hotel has incredibly welcoming, polite and helpful staff to assist you with your every need and desire - be it at check-in, a concierge or restaurant staff. Weused consierge's help quite a lot with advice and guidance on getting around, sightseeing, finding hiking trails, booking tickets to Ravello classical music festival. My favourite concierges there were two ladies both named Antonellas - both were incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. My advice would be to trust their recommendations, especially in terms of restaurant selection to avoid tourist traps with mediocre food... Everything they recommended to us was wonderful.

Many thanks to Fulvia Clapier, the hotel director, who made special efforts to make our stay so amazing. She tries to meets guests personally at check-in, talks to them in a restaurant, makes you feel welcome and at home. I really appreciated this personal touch in comparison with snobbish service we received in 5-star hotels in Rome and Naples.

The only improvement I would recommend to the hotel is to prolong the pool hours till later ( the poll closes at 6pm...)

Would go back in a heart bit and am actually planning to be back. I simply fell in love with Amalfi and that place.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor in the newer section. Ask for a room with a terrace.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Calgary,

I would like to personally thank you for your very positive feedback, I am truly glad you enjoyed our hospitality and service and your words were much appreciated.

There is nothing more rewarding for us to see than a satisfied guest, our aim is to make our Guests "feel special"!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Incredible views of the water, if you want to relax by the pool...trust me it is like no other pool. It is an infinity pool with spectacular views of the ocean...
Service from, check in/out good...staff ready to answer and make suggestions as to what activities are available.
Rooms, very simple and minimalist but clean...offering slippers and robes for your comfort...food at the hotel was very good and full of taste. Having dinner there on the outside patio simply amazing with views and food.
Location is great walk 10 minutes to town.

Overall, it was a positive experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Knokke-Heist, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed 5 nights in the Convento and it was really splendid !!
The staff was very helpfull and friendly !! The breakfast every morning was delicious !!
A charming room with very good bed and an unbelievable view on the coastline.
We have done a lot of trips also : boattrip to Capri - a walk : Sentiero degli Dei - start in Agerola to Positano, visit to Ravello ...
I hope we can return another time to Amalfi and stay in the Convento !!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We recently came back from staying in that hotel. The views are terrific but that's about it. The hotel is situated on a very busy skinny road. To get to our room we had to take 3elevators. The room was small considering how pricy it was. There is no closet space but a tiny tiny rod and 2or 3 small shelves with a curtain for cover.
The hotels energy is low and the hotel pool is not even appetizing, it needs renovating and some kind of life v Upon our arrival we were told that they had to charge us 50 euros more because they thought the booking was for one person only which I found to be weird since my documents which I'm sure they had the same stated both our names. They don't have a beach but they take you to a beach by boat a 15 minute ride to a pebbly beach with old chairs and towels. The restaurant at beach was bad. We asked for another place we can gobto to swim they sent us to another hotel that has a beach we can swim in. We paid 30 euros each for the day but we were the only two people. I've been to Amalfi coast several times and have always had a blast. This time around it was not so at all.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to NH Collection Grand Hotel Convento di Amalfi? Share your experiences!