“This has to be the worst food in Italy” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Belper
“This has to be the worst food in Italy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I was very very dissapointed and felt I had been ripped off by the standard of what they called food when I visited the restaurant on an organised trip to Positano,Almalfi and Ravello , when we arrived we were ushered to an area set aside for our party which overlooked the quay which was ok ,then the waiter/waiters arrived who told us the food we could pick was from a set meal deal clearly priced at 13 euros which was not the picture we were sold when we booked the trip ,we were sold this image of a seafront restaurant in one of the worlds most famous resorts , what we got was a starter salad which consisted of a plate of shredded lettuce and two slivers of tomato drenched in vinegar , I then opted for the spaghetti which I thought had to be good , what I received was awful it was no better than tinned spaghetti, it was overcooked and had been kept warm and formed a solid block, so finally the dessert which when in Italy has to be ice cream ,we waited and we waited and in the end we had to ask for it has time was running out has we had to move on to our next stop , when it finally arrived it was lemon sorbet!!!! not ice cream most of the party by this time had walked out , I will not return ever to this so called restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Disapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant has a great view overlooking the water with a large patio and numerous tables. But it has sen better days, the whole place looks run down in desperate need of a makeover. The furniture looks old, the menus are printed on old laminates and look like the menu at a lemonade stand, the bathrooms resemble those found in a train station and the waiters don't really seem too happy to be there.
Another reviewer was right saying that the waiter rushed them through the courses, same happened to us, but as soon as the lunch rush was over, they seemed to have forgotten about us. Not the biggest deal, we were not exactly in a rush.
The food was quite good, the shrimp stuffed ravioli was great, so was the fried seafood. But the prawns were fried whole, head and shell on, not sure if this is supposed to add to the authenticity but at these prices I would expect cleaned shrimp.
This restaurant may have been a jewel in the Amalfi coast crown once, but it needs a full redo if it
wants to stay in business for long.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Delicious! Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Amazing restaurant that overlooks the Amalfi Coast! My boyfriend and I ate dinner here for the entire time we had stayed in Amalfi. The pizzas and calzones we had were so delicious that we still dream about them! I also ordered a Penne al Limone, which was plain penne pasta with lemon-flavored sauce. IT WAS SIMPLE BUT DELICIOUS! MY boyfriend had ordered veal escalope, which was also delicious! The meals are reasonably-priced! We were welcomed by very nice waiters and even helped us with getting around, especially taking a boat to Positano.

• Visited August 2011