“There are no right words to describe the place...!” 5 of 5 stars

Oasi Costa d'Amalfi
S. Caterina per Agerola, 6 - Localita Tovere, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #7 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“There are no right words to describe the place...!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

... You need just to go there, to stay in Oasi, to talk to Antonio, to open a window and enjoy boundless view, try to hear some sounds and to hear nothing except wind and sea...
And after you leave Oasi, then you will stay only with your own impressions deep in your mind and heart..
Probably you've read already all other comment, and all of them totally true and we can only join to them.
We want just to add our impressions, left from the place.
Everyone has some "secret" place to escape from people,from talking, from noise, from entire world and from city bustle. But when you ariving right in the center of the small towns on Amalfi coast ,and, especially in summer, you have no chance to relax!) They are absolutely charming and exhausting at the same time. Small nice beaches are crowded with people, that sometimes you even can not enjoy it's beauty, tourist are all over and you have no place to hide. But!! you know, that after 10 minuts by car, up to the mountains, you'll be in fantastic place, called Oasi Coasta d'Amalfi. You know, that doesn't matter what time you are comming back, you always can find there drink and food and warm greetings from Antonio "Good evening! How was you day?". Every morning fantastis smell of homemade croissant will meet you on the stairs. Antonio, your croissant are the best in the world! France can stay relax, they never will repeat them!)) Every square metre, every second, spent in Oasi, is full of calming life philosophy! You need just to go there and to find you own

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I went to Amalfi in May and stayed in Oasi on recommendation. It was totally fantastic...beautifully located (but make sure you get the direction right) and lovely ambience. There was fantastic music playing and Antonio went out of his way to make us feel at home. It is like a home away from home. I would highly recommend it!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

A bit hard to find, but what can you do? That's the Amalfi Coast! Winding roads connecting towns that tumble down the cliffsides amidst olive groves and vineyards. Our welcome to the oasis was...sumptuous. The owner personally greeted us and sent a concierge to get our bags and carry them up the many steps. If anything, the staff was too attentive. The owner brought us ice-cold water, juice, coffee, and bruschetta -- and that was before the cake! All for free. The concierge and owner regularly enquired about how we were doing, what more we might need. Their recommendations for dining in Positano were appreciated. Thanks for everything! P.S. And don't forget to develop the property into an eco-touristic permaculture paradise ;)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sonora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We have traveled in many countries around the world and this is the best B & B of all! Antonio and Manuella are amazing people... they waited on us hand and foot! The facility is above Amalfi, overlooking the coast and the sea! Very private and luxurious. It takes a few minutes of winding around the roads up the hills above Amalfi, but it is very much worth it. (We enjoyed the ride on our scooter!) Their meals are delicious, the breakfast is suberb and they themselves are servants at heart. The rooms are each decorated with a theme, I suggest you reserve the ones with the balconies! This is THE best place to stay in Amalfi coast away from the crowds! We will return and tell all our friends!

Room Tip: Premier balcony rooms are amazing!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

I recently went on a two week trip throughout Italy. I pre-booked all of my hotels about a month in advance. I had no issues with any establishment until I went to stay at Oasi Costa d'Amalfi. I arrived in Amalfi around 8pm and was looking forward to nothing but a warm shower and a bed to rest my weary feet on. Well, was I in for a shock. My cab driver was not aware of the hotels location so we called the hotel to get directions. To my surprise the directions were not relevant because the hotel had no record of my reservation. I was a bit shocked since I had actually paid a deposit for my room back in May. And to add to it, the unapologetic owner, told me they had no rooms available. So sorry, not my problem was basically his response. I kept reiterating, it was already partially paid for and I had a confirmation. Well. according to his records they did not have any record of me and that was that.....end of conversation. I have traveled around the world the last 10 years of my life and this is the first time I have been confronted with someone who basically could care less they took my money and had no rooms. I did get a refund in the end from the website I booked on. Unfortunately, it doesn't erase the stress I experienced finding a room last minute and the extra money I had to shell out to get a last minute room. On the other hand, if you have the money to pay for it....the Hotel Santa Caterina is amazing and I have never been treated so wonderfully in years from a hotel or its staff. Without question the exact opposite of Oasi.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Been to Oasi Costa d'Amalfi? Share your experiences!