“SHOCKING SERVICE AND FOOD - BADLY MICROWAVED LASAGNE - IN ITALY OF ALL PLACES!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante Pizzeria Sant'Andrea

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2015 NEW

I seriously regretted choosing this place. It looked busy and we thought that was a good sign, plus it had lasagne - one of my favourite dishes - on the menu. We waited ages to give our order; the staff were disorganised and rushing about but not achieving much. We ordered two gin and tonics that took about 10 minutes to arrive and they came already mixed and the gin completely drowned in tonic, which is one of my pet hates. Eventually the food arrived and what a disappointment. It was clearly a lump of lasagne that had been microwaved rather than freshly cooked and it had been smothered in tomato paste over the top. There was no heat coming off it and it was only warm around the edges, so I cut into the middle and found that to be cold. I called the waitress over and told her that it was cold inside and she apologised and said that she would get me a fresh one, I then waited about 15 minutes, during which time my partner ate his meal - veal - which he said was OK, not particularly memorable. My 'fresh' lasagne arrived and I could not believe it - was exactly the same as before - cold in the middle. At this point I told the waitress to take it away and that I would not be paying for it. I was disappointed and disgusted. The table behind us were disputing their bill as they had been charged for drinks that they hadn't had. My partner was also convinced that the white wine he had with his meal had been watered down as it was so weak tasting and colourless. He had wine with every other dinner we had in Italy and did not think that in any other restaurant. A very poor experience and not a good example of Italian cuisine. AVOID - there are much better places to eat in Amalfi.

• Visited May 2015
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Surrey
“Fantastic fresh local specialities!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

When we arrived, we only went in for a beer, but you could see the chefs in the kitchen from the restaurant and we saw them cooking fresh octopus. Everything was made fresh so we decided to eat there aswell.
We had the local buffalo mozzarella and tomato starter to share because it was so large. It comes with local oregano bruschetta and was delicious.
My husband fancied an octopus pasta dish with tomato and chilli, and although it wasn't on the menu, the chef was more than happy to prepare it for him and it was one of the nicest pasta dishes we have ever eaten! I had the spaghetti vongole (clams) which was fresh and incredibly tasty aswell.
I had a local speciality pudding, the lemon cake which was also delicious and of course the obligatory limoncello! When in Amalfi....
The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and the whole restaurant had a homely, family feel about it. Would highly recommend.

Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

We were invited by one of the daughters to go there as we stayed at their hotel Albergo Sant' Andrea across the square. I had 5 pieces of scalopinni. Huge serve. Pizzas were great too plus 10% discount. Highly recomended.

Visited May 2014
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Excellent Pizza...Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

We stopped in for a quick lunch mostly due to the location right on the square. The service was quick and the pizza was excellent as was the local beer and Tiramisu! The staff was patient with our group as we tried to figure out our Euros! We would definitely eat there again!

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Perfect location and surprisingly very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

We ate lunch there is October, could not be better location as right under the sun and down the steps of the Duomo. So we expected a very touristic menu and average food. This is the best food we had on the Amalfi coast during 6 days! The panna cotta was really good so was the Tiramisu, this is to tell you to keep some room for the deserts! now the mains = good portions, very very tastey dishes, we had 4 different dishes they were all fantastic = Gnochi alla Sorentina (everage portion though), I hs the scialatielli alla Siciliana, al dente, fabulous, my husband had the very fresh and tasty pizza Marinara and my son the Frittura Calamari and Gamberi which was very generous and he loved it, empty plate, this a plate of lightly fried see food. We all love our meal and the service was pretty rapid and staff was great. I recommend this place 100%. No hesitation.

• Visited October 2014