“Decent food;great for people watching” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Daytona Beach area
“Decent food;great for people watching”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I ate here twice during our Amalfi stay. I had the same thing both times ( when you have a winner, stick with it). I had a simple dish of spaghetti alio olio (with a little crushed red pepper) and it was very good. The pasta was cooked perfectly al dente both times. Again, a simple dish, very tasty, cooked perfectly. Great outdoor sitting area where we could get off our tired feet, take our time, enjoy the people watching right there in the square and catch a nice breeze coming off the water. Service was good too. Sorry I cannot vouch for other dishes. My husband had the pizza and it was just ok but remember, it is surprisingly hard to find good pizza, even in Rome-unless you are in the Naples/Sorrento area.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

56% Recommend
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Try their homemade scialatielli!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After visiting the Sant'Andrea church we were famished and happened upon this quaint little restaurant right in Piazza Duomo. The location couldn't be better to relax and enjoy Amalfi's popular city center. Yes, there is a cover charge, so if you are vehemently against cover charges, run away, but it's not that much and the food and location are worth it.

Most restaurants and pizzerias we ate at on our two week trip to Italy all blend together. I can't remember 95% of them. The Ristorante Sant'Andrea stood out because of the quality of their homemade scialatielli which I tried on the recommendation of our server. I have NEVER eaten such a tasty pasta in my life. I've eaten more noodles and pasta in my life than I care to recount, and this place's scialatielli was just unforgettable. I ordered it with frutti di mare (seafood), and honestly, I can't even remember what the seafood tasted like because the scialatielli was so delicious. It was the perfect thickness, firmness, and consistency. My son--who ate pizza for two straight weeks at every meal--thought his pizza was outstanding as well. I can't remember what my wife and daughter ordered...too busy eating the scialatielli. It was so good, I took a picture of the menu just so I would remember the name of the restaurant. Definitely worth a stop when visiting Amalfi.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Beirut
“I loved my Auberjine pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The location is simply perfect just next to the stairs of Saint Andrea. We were lucky enough to enjoy the breeze outside on our last day in Amalfi by lounging for lunch in this restaurant. A wandering live band came along also and started playing right next to us some nice musical Italian sounds, the food was delicious. Prices were ok, but I didn't like that they charge you extra 4 euros per couple for the church contribution, and no questions asked. Anyway you have to pay it whether you like it or not.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorkshire
“Touristy spot near Cathedral but food was decent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

One of the many touristy-looking restaurants around the Squares near the Cathedral. We were on a day trip so just dove in for lunch and hoped for the best.

Service was fairly low key but efficient and polite.

Two beers, one Octopus salad and one Prawn Cocktail came to Euro 40. Both dishes seemed fresh and were very tasty.
We noticed one or two other diners had Pizzas, which would have easliy fed two people, so a lot of food was being left and wasted. If you are really hungry travellers we suspect this place would score highly!

We would return here but then again Amalfi is full of restaurants to try.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Avoid it. Ok food but there is better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The pizza is good. But that said, it is impossible to get a bad pizza in amalfi. The rest of it is not worth your precious holiday time. Bad bread and inferior service. Plus they charge a cover "cuperto" which i think is unacceptable.

Visited June 2013