“Just popped in for a quick drink ...and what service we received!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Santa Caterina Restaurant

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Essex
“Just popped in for a quick drink ...and what service we received!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Santa Caterina is without doubt my most favourite hotel set in my most favourite part of the world and have therefore stayed many times. So when my wife and i learnt that the cruise we were on was actually dropping anchor just outside Amalfi, a quick trip to sit on the wonderful terrace with a glass or two of Prosecco had to be done.

We havent stayed there for at least three years, but immediately the head doormen recognised us and we received the most warmest of Italian welcomes from the terrace manager, Franco.

After consuming our fill of fizz, olives and nuts, i asked if they could call me a taxi to take us back into town - they wouldnt hear of it and escorted us to their shuttle bus.
Thank you all at the Santa Caterina and we will be returning hopefully next year

88% Recommend
  • Greek first
New York
“winning cuisine with gracious service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Its an upscale meal of the many restaurants in the area I have visited. Certainly among 3-4 of the best for the area. The service was gracious and the wine list was well put together. I very much enjoyed the fabulous setting and beautifully prepared food. A most relaxing meal

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Rafael, California
“Wonderful food, good service, beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had two very good meals here. The first one was on our first night in Amalfi. When the staff learned that we hadn't had time to buy coffee to have in our villa where we are staying, they sent us home with coffee and milk. The food is prepared with care and everything is fresh.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Spectacular view and heavenly service, but the food doesn't live up to the rest...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stopped for an impromptu lunch on Easter while driving down the Amalfi coast.
I've heard of this hotel's reputation and was anticipating something extraordinary.
We were very warmly greeted by everyone, from the gentlemen who took our car to the front desk reception to the maitre d'.
We ordered the special Easter lunch which included a chicory soup (delicious), a ravioli dish (starchy) and lamb (inedible).
The staff was really lovely and I wanted to enjoy the food more just because they were so kind and attentive. But the food was rather disappointing.
The view is out of a movie.

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gex
“Wonderful views from conservatory restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

In March this year, the weather was not too good one day so we decided to have lunch in a beautiful restaurant. We chose the Santa Caterina because we were staying in an apartment also owned by the same people. We were really well looked after by some attentive waiters and an excellent Maitre D. We had a table with a superb view of Amalfi. We stayed there for ages and were not rushed at all. Yes the bill was high but I felt we had value for money. When I mentioned that I did not have an adapter for my telephone charger and needed to buy one, they gave me one free of charge. Could not afford to eat there every day but very good for a special occasion.

Visited March 2013