“We had to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Readington, New Jersey
“We had to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

While spending a glorious week in Sorrento - we made the trek down the Amalfi Coast Drive to go back to our favorite place in Amalfi!! Da Maria!! We ate there in April this year, and just HAD to go back!!!
It was worth the trip!! We sat at the same little table outside, even had the same waiter!! The place is charming...the service is great...and the food is sinfully FANTASTIC!!! At the end of our meal, the owner came out to talk to us. He was so sweet – and seemed to be truly touched that we made it a point to come back again. He even bought us a souvenir bottle of limoncello as a keepsake of our beautiful visit back to Amalfi! We made a friend that day!!
When you go, you MUST order the Spaghetti al Vongole!!! Hands down the best I have ever had!!
Buon appetito!

• Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“Like Family....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Travelling by myself on a second visit to Amalfi, I followed the locals and ended up meeting Mario and his staff who welcomed me like family. I stayed for 5 days in Amalfi this trip and had all my main meals at this restaurant. The standard of food was exceptional and served in a friendly manner If you are looking for a friendly establishment with excellent english speaking hosts than pay a visit to this Trattoria...thank you Mario for providing a wonderful send off on my last night in Amalfi.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Il cibo...così cordiale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We love Da Maria. It was recommended to us by our hotel's concierge and of course we used Trip Advisor reviews as well. We enjoyed it so much that we had dinner there two nights. The restaurant is cozy, busy and frequented by the locals. It's a family run restaurant and one of the owners gave us a tour of the back room of the restaurant with photos and memorabilia of the family.
Everything is good and we were pleased to be given an unsolicited dessert one night and a free limoncello on our second night. The pasta is homemade and the sauces are delicious. I loved the tomato arugala salad... "rocket salad". This restaurant can get crowded so go early or late. Friendly, delicious place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amalfi Favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had some of the best pizza I have ever had here! The fresh seafood was also to die for! The service was top notch and the location is right in the thick of things. I would recommend going multiple times as I did.

• Visited July 2013
London
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is the second time that we've been to Amalfi and we absolutely love this restaurant. Its very reasonable for such delicious food. When we visited in April Mario got myself and my Fiancé in the kitchen making our own pizza and it was such good fun! We went to the restaurant two out of the three nights we were there this week and again the food was gorgeous and the service was excellent. Unfortunately Mario wasn't working but the tall waiter (didn't get his name!) was equally welcoming. We are getting married in Ravello next May and will be sure to come to this restaurant with our friends before the big day!

• Visited October 2013