“Quiet haven off a busy square” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 95 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Quiet haven off a busy square”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Had lunch here after recommendation from hotel. The entrance is small and not particularly remarkable but the inside opens up into a large airy room at the back. There was background music, but the atmosphere was completely different from the busy tourist filled Duomo square outside. The pizza was one of the best I have had anywhere (Campagnola if I remember rightly), full of flavour but mild and not at all salty. All the customers appeared to get a small free lemon sorbet afterwards, whatever they had had. Wish we had heard about it earlier in our stay. Prices very reasonable.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

London
“Great food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We ate here based on a recommendation in our guidebook and from our hotel. On arrival we were warmly welcomed. We selected a bottle of local wine and it was brought prompty along with some hot garlic bread. The menu had plenty to choose from. We shared an antipasti of ham and mozzarella and then a primi of pasta with octupus, both were fresh and tasty. Then my partner had a pizza which was very good and I had a selection of fried fish which was all well seasoned and fresh. For dessert we had the lemon cake and tiramisu which both seemed homemade and were excellent. We were brought complimentary shots of limoncello which was nice touch. The waiter was very friendly and attentive throughout our meal. Overall we really enjoyed our food and the buzz of the place. As we were leaving we were given a little bottle of limoncello to take away which rounded off the evening very well. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great - best in Amalfi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Received a great welcome in this family run trattoria. So good we went four times. Lovely pizzas and the seafood pasta was excellent - had it twice.Very generous portions and good house wine. Some lovely touches for our loyalty. By far the best food we ate on this holiday. Would recommend to anyone.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Looks small from the outside...but when you enter the restaurant it is beautiful. The food is amazing and so are the wait staff. This is real italian cooking.

Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Old fashioned traditional Italian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were looking for something more low key and traditional and this place certainly fit the bill!

We were able to snag a table outside which was nice but it was located right next to a traffic light so a lot of cars stopped and parked right in front of us.

I had spotted a woman eating minestrone here when we were as Da Gemma the night prior. That was sort of the reason we picked this cozy little place. We ordered our favorite bottle of Furore's white. I started off with the Minestrone which was a primi dish but they were more than happy to accomodate this request. Then I ordered a standard spaghetti & bolognese which I had been dying to try in Italy. It was delicious. My husband ordered a seafood rissotto but they were sold out so they suggested a seafood and homemade pasta dish which he ordered and loved but then he also ordered a fried seafood plate as his main dish and I think he was a little seafooded out. I ordered a chicken dish for my main dish that wasn't very good but overall I was stuffed and had really only gone for the minestrone and bolognese anyway.

I would definitely recommend for a more standard Italian cuisine.

Visited October 2013