“Old fashioned traditional Italian fare” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 92 restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Boston, Massachusetts
“Old fashioned traditional Italian fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were looking for something more low key and traditional and this place certainly fit the bill!

We were able to snag a table outside which was nice but it was located right next to a traffic light so a lot of cars stopped and parked right in front of us.

I had spotted a woman eating minestrone here when we were as Da Gemma the night prior. That was sort of the reason we picked this cozy little place. We ordered our favorite bottle of Furore's white. I started off with the Minestrone which was a primi dish but they were more than happy to accomodate this request. Then I ordered a standard spaghetti & bolognese which I had been dying to try in Italy. It was delicious. My husband ordered a seafood rissotto but they were sold out so they suggested a seafood and homemade pasta dish which he ordered and loved but then he also ordered a fried seafood plate as his main dish and I think he was a little seafooded out. I ordered a chicken dish for my main dish that wasn't very good but overall I was stuffed and had really only gone for the minestrone and bolognese anyway.

I would definitely recommend for a more standard Italian cuisine.

Visited October 2013

86% Recommend
“Fantastic Services and food-pizzas and pastas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our taxi driver recommended this restaurant on way from Naples airport. The food and service was excellent on the first day so went there 4 more timed for dinner during our weeks stay. Has only a small entrance but its spacious inside. Noticed that many locals came there at the week-end.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vilnius, Lithuania
“Outstanding pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

we went there for a lunch, place was packed with people, but we were seated quickly. Very good service. We loved their pizzas. Mozzarela was also good and ravioli melting in the mouth. It has no outdoor seating, but well worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great service, good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

The service was very good and the food was very tasty. The atmosphere is not the best, but you should concentrate on the food here. I recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Best place I've eaten in Italy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Cannot say enough lovely things about this place. Found it due to good reviews on here, down the street it looks very modest and small so I probably would've looked passed it. When you go through though, it opens out and has a great atmosphere.

Waiters welcome you straight away and are so accommodating and friendly, without being intrusive. We came here two nights in a row and tried between us the pasta, pizza and steak. All were PERFECT. I was in Italy touring many cities and the pizza here was by far the best. Ingredients were so fresh and the dough was buttery perfection. The tomato sauce in the pasta was also amazing, so fresh! My mum had the steak, she always has steak when eating out and said it was the best she's eaten in a long time!

There was great local music playing traditional songs when we were eating and we even got to try some complementary limoncello ices at the end of the meal which was a lovely touch.

We kept comparing other meals to this restaurant throughout our holiday and if I was to come back to Amalfi, I would eat here EVERY time. Loved it!!

• Visited September 2013