“A serendipitous find and outstanding value for money” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Mediterranean, Pasta
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Hereford, United Kingdom
“A serendipitous find and outstanding value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Having been turned away from a pizzeria down the road because 'we don't have no tables for two,’ (although they appeared to) we arrived serendipitously as it turned out at the Da Maria to a very warm welcome. I have to say they possibly don’t do themselves justice with the presentation of the menu but as we glanced across at the neighbouring table we could see that that the food looked very appealing and portions were generous. We decided not to order a starter but actually we did not need it and we were served with garlic bread in any case. Mr D was going to order to London pizza but I pointed out that this was a bit touristy and so he chose an alternative which was egg and ham rather than egg and bacon – he also ordered a side salad and a coke zero. I ordered the grilled fish and pommes frites (yes I know, fish and chips) and a glass of wine. I was served what could definitely be described as a large glass of white wine and very pleasant it was too, so much so that I had to order a second. Mr D’s pizza was huge and tasted fantastic – nice and crispy round the edges with great filling. My fish was sea bass which was grilled to perfection and shown to me before filleting, plus a large portion of nicely cooked chips – the only ones I had on my trip - which I washed down with the wine. The service was fast and efficient but at the same time friendly - we weren’t rushed at all. Mr D finished off with lemon cake and I had a limoncello – both of which were as good as any we had that week. At 55 Euros one of the best meals we had on our trip and certainly the best value.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
“excellent food and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We ate here twice during our 4 day stay in Amalfi and had two great meals. Friendly service, large portions and very reasonable prices.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Canberra, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent customer service & food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The service was very good, as a solo traveller they were very respectful and did not forget I was there as other places seemed to do in Italy.
They took the time to talk about the building and to show interest in where I was from and why I am travelling. Great pizza also and lemon drink.

Visited August 2013
“Great pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Best pizza in Amalfi! And the pasta-dishes are good to. Very friendly staff and very nice atmosphere! It seems many locals eat here. Good value for money :-)

Visited July 2013
Essex, UK
“Nice food in good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had a late dinner here with the family. Service was fast and food was nice. I had clams with pasta and in a tomato sauce, which was very nice. I tried some other dishes which were also very good. The place is in a good position in the square, although outside you are right next to the road and traffic lights. Drivers are instructed to turn their engines off when they wait so it isn't too bad but can be noisy. This is just part of the atmosphere and place. Would have no reason not to recommend. Don't know the cost of meal as a family member took care of the bill.

• Visited July 2013