“Tourist restaurant but they care about the food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 94 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Tourist restaurant but they care about the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go to this restaurant on a whim and we were delightfully surprised. They offer a fantastic 3 course menu for 10 euros only. You can decide between spaghetti with muscles and clams, fish courses, soups... The table wine from Ravello was also lovely. They did mess up our order but on the whole this restaurant is definitely one to go to if you are looking for good food at reasonable prices! Enjoy!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Been on a couple of occasions during our stay in Amalfi and not been at all disappointed. The service is good, as is the food (particularly the mussels with fried bread). Good range of dishes available and also a nice range of liqueurs to go with your coffee

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Gets better every year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Went for the 20 euro fixed price lunch really good value.Started with good portion of spaghetti with clams and mussels in a terrific sauce with just a hint of chilli.Next a sea bass in potatoes and garlic with tomatoe,very good.Ending with a lemon ice.It really is good value and more importantly tasted great.We always make to this restaurant when in Amalfi and it has never disappointed us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful non-traditional pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Great pasta served in a family run restaurant midway up the Main Street. Friendly service and great quality. Meals make use of the local ingredients to move away from standard tourist fare.

Visited June 2013
Hampshire, UK
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I try not to write bad reviews but now, having read some of the earlier Tripadvisor reviews about this restaurant, I see that my main problem was shared by another customer, so it's worth noting.

Firstly, both my husband and I were actively discouraged by the waiter from ordering what we wanted. I ordered A and the waiter responded by saying, " Madame, I recommend B" even though A was available. My pasta dish was undercooked, not al dente which is fine, but unambiguously hard undercooked pasta which was inedible. I guess there was a reason why I was discouraged from ordering it !! In contrast, our antipasti was overcooked - reasonably tasty but falling apart.

Prices were slightly cheaper than the rather over-inflated restaurant prices one tends to find in Amalfi.

It was the first time on several trips to Italy, where I was served inedible pasta. Since other reviews have been good, I'll assume it was an off-day.

Visited May 2013