“Delightful” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Delightful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Been on a couple of occasions during our stay in Amalfi and not been at all disappointed. The service is good, as is the food (particularly the mussels with fried bread). Good range of dishes available and also a nice range of liqueurs to go with your coffee

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Rossendale, United Kingdom
“Gets better every year”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Went for the 20 euro fixed price lunch really good value.Started with good portion of spaghetti with clams and mussels in a terrific sauce with just a hint of chilli.Next a sea bass in potatoes and garlic with tomatoe,very good.Ending with a lemon ice.It really is good value and more importantly tasted great.We always make to this restaurant when in Amalfi and it has never disappointed us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful non-traditional pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Great pasta served in a family run restaurant midway up the Main Street. Friendly service and great quality. Meals make use of the local ingredients to move away from standard tourist fare.

Visited June 2013
Hampshire, UK
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I try not to write bad reviews but now, having read some of the earlier Tripadvisor reviews about this restaurant, I see that my main problem was shared by another customer, so it's worth noting.

Firstly, both my husband and I were actively discouraged by the waiter from ordering what we wanted. I ordered A and the waiter responded by saying, " Madame, I recommend B" even though A was available. My pasta dish was undercooked, not al dente which is fine, but unambiguously hard undercooked pasta which was inedible. I guess there was a reason why I was discouraged from ordering it !! In contrast, our antipasti was overcooked - reasonably tasty but falling apart.

Prices were slightly cheaper than the rather over-inflated restaurant prices one tends to find in Amalfi.

It was the first time on several trips to Italy, where I was served inedible pasta. Since other reviews have been good, I'll assume it was an off-day.

Visited May 2013
london, england
“Two Words "LEMON PROFILTEROLES"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this place after the restaurant we wanted was closed. We are glad we did find IlTari and ate here 3 times. The service is great and the food is good too. The pasta portions are big enough for 2. order the fried mixed fish it's fresh and comes to you nice and hot.

The guys who work here are really nice and make you feel righ at home. for desert try the lemon profilteroles.

A warning if you order any of the taster menues order it for one person. if you order it for 2 people you'll regret it. the food is great but the portions are huge.

• Visited May 2013