“Wonderful non-traditional pasta” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Wonderful non-traditional pasta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Great pasta served in a family run restaurant midway up the Main Street. Friendly service and great quality. Meals make use of the local ingredients to move away from standard tourist fare.

Visited June 2013

80% Recommend
Hampshire, UK
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I try not to write bad reviews but now, having read some of the earlier Tripadvisor reviews about this restaurant, I see that my main problem was shared by another customer, so it's worth noting.

Firstly, both my husband and I were actively discouraged by the waiter from ordering what we wanted. I ordered A and the waiter responded by saying, " Madame, I recommend B" even though A was available. My pasta dish was undercooked, not al dente which is fine, but unambiguously hard undercooked pasta which was inedible. I guess there was a reason why I was discouraged from ordering it !! In contrast, our antipasti was overcooked - reasonably tasty but falling apart.

Prices were slightly cheaper than the rather over-inflated restaurant prices one tends to find in Amalfi.

It was the first time on several trips to Italy, where I was served inedible pasta. Since other reviews have been good, I'll assume it was an off-day.

Visited May 2013
london, england
“Two Words "LEMON PROFILTEROLES"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this place after the restaurant we wanted was closed. We are glad we did find IlTari and ate here 3 times. The service is great and the food is good too. The pasta portions are big enough for 2. order the fried mixed fish it's fresh and comes to you nice and hot.

The guys who work here are really nice and make you feel righ at home. for desert try the lemon profilteroles.

A warning if you order any of the taster menues order it for one person. if you order it for 2 people you'll regret it. the food is great but the portions are huge.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Marvellous food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Attentive service, wonderful high end Italian cooking and fantastic value wine combine to make this restaurant exceptional. In any location. Do try the local wines at less than 10 Euro per bottle. The ravioli and seafood is exceptional

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value - Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We ate in far more expensive restaurants than this in and around Amalfi, but this was easily the best food and the best atmosphere. Unless you want to be eating out over-looking the sea, then this is the place to head for in Amalfi.

• Visited April 2013