“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hampshire, UK
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I try not to write bad reviews but now, having read some of the earlier Tripadvisor reviews about this restaurant, I see that my main problem was shared by another customer, so it's worth noting.

Firstly, both my husband and I were actively discouraged by the waiter from ordering what we wanted. I ordered A and the waiter responded by saying, " Madame, I recommend B" even though A was available. My pasta dish was undercooked, not al dente which is fine, but unambiguously hard undercooked pasta which was inedible. I guess there was a reason why I was discouraged from ordering it !! In contrast, our antipasti was overcooked - reasonably tasty but falling apart.

Prices were slightly cheaper than the rather over-inflated restaurant prices one tends to find in Amalfi.

It was the first time on several trips to Italy, where I was served inedible pasta. Since other reviews have been good, I'll assume it was an off-day.

Visited May 2013

80% Recommend
london, england
“Two Words "LEMON PROFILTEROLES"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We found this place after the restaurant we wanted was closed. We are glad we did find IlTari and ate here 3 times. The service is great and the food is good too. The pasta portions are big enough for 2. order the fried mixed fish it's fresh and comes to you nice and hot.

The guys who work here are really nice and make you feel righ at home. for desert try the lemon profilteroles.

A warning if you order any of the taster menues order it for one person. if you order it for 2 people you'll regret it. the food is great but the portions are huge.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Marvellous food and wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Attentive service, wonderful high end Italian cooking and fantastic value wine combine to make this restaurant exceptional. In any location. Do try the local wines at less than 10 Euro per bottle. The ravioli and seafood is exceptional

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value - Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We ate in far more expensive restaurants than this in and around Amalfi, but this was easily the best food and the best atmosphere. Unless you want to be eating out over-looking the sea, then this is the place to head for in Amalfi.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
asia
“Superb pizza and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and wife went there for holiday and on our second night, we went for dinner.
The staff, Mr.Carlo is very friendly and introduce nice foods.
What we love most is the Pizza the make.
Very nice and delicious yummy pizza.
We went back there again the next day for pizza again.

Really recommend travellers to go and try their pizza.

Visited April 2013