“Trip of a lifetime, Rome and surrounding cities” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 100 activities in Amalfi Coast
Type: Tours
Attraction Details
Luling, Louisiana
“Trip of a lifetime, Rome and surrounding cities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

We spoke to Carmine on the phone from our travel agent (Thomas Travel and Cruise). We were very impressed with Carmine. After being picked up at the airport we were told that another driver would be our guide. Our guide was Emiliano "Emi" and he was absolutely wonderful. He spoke very good english but with an Italian accent that was so enjoyable. Emi's vast knowledge of the area and history made the whole trip so enjoyable. We were very excited that he was our guide on all three days. Emi took into account my husband's health and would recommend other sights. He made sure that we used all of our time to the fullest. The eating establishments that he brought us to were always right on the mark. The food and wine were always awesome and the service was always beyond expectations.The restaurant at the top of Poisatano along the Amalfi Coast was probably the best, both the view, atmosphere, wine and food.
All in all, we cannot say enough about Private Tours of Southern Italy and our "personal" driver and sightseeing guide, "Emiliano.
We are recommending Carmine and his company to our neighbors for their trip in October. I hope they can work out a deal.

Visited June 2013

venice fl
“Amalfi Coast Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Carmine was recommended to me by a friend. This was the best recommendation any one has ever given me, and I want to share it with TripAdvisor as well. Carmine was extremely prompt and professional in answering all of my email inquiries of him months before my planned trip. He made many suggestions of places to see and hotel recommendations. He picked us up at the Airport and drove us to a beautiful hotel in Sorrento, right on the beach. The next few days we toured Sorrento and Positano, enjoyed beautiful vistas from restaurants high in the mountains and along the beaches. Carmine took us to an olive oil farm for a private tour and tasting. It seemed as though he knew everyone on the Amalfi coast and could recommend exquisite shops, great places to eat, and fun places to have a drink and people watch; pizzerias and gelatorias too. On our last day, he took us to Pompei for a private tour and then drove us to our next hotel in Rome. I can not give him anything less than a perfect rating.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Amalfi coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I can't say enough good things about Carmine and his tour for my family. He shared with us his unique perspective on the Amalfi coast. He took us to all the high points of the area. We went to lunch at a place of his choosing which was wonderful. I can not imagine anyone showing us a better time than he did. I would highly recommend him for anyone wanting to see the beautiful Amalfi coast.

Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“By far our favorite tour while in Italy, thanks to Carmine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I highly recommend booking a tour with Carmine. We were so confused about our trip and for about a month before our trip he was so quick to reply to all of my 1,000 questions about the planning of our tour. Helped me design our own personalized tour that accommodated the dates and times we needed, we would not have been able to see everything that we did without him.

We went to Italy with my in-laws that have never traveled overseas before and my father-in-law has some physical disabilities, so having the private guide in a very nice Mercedes Van was ideal for us, it fit all of our luggage as well! Carmine was very knowledgeable and stopped at many historic areas and told us great stories the whole time. He even took us up to a local families amazing restaurant at the very top of Poisatano along the Amalfi Coast- this was by far, the most wonderful meal and view that we had ever experienced!

Carmine picked us up after we toured Capri on our own and took us to pick up our bags from our hotel in Sorrento and then took us on our amazing day trip of the Amalfi Coast, stopping by Ravello on our way back to Naples where he dropped us off at the train station. Not only did he drop us off, he walked us to our train and waited with us until it arrived! Even though we assured him he did not have to wait, he did! Thank goodness he did, because the train # never appeared on the screen, we would absolutely have missed our train if it wasn't for him! Thank you so much for everything!!

Unless you have all the time in the world to explore and learn about all the sites to see along the Amalfi Coast, you should absolutely book with them and try to get Carmine as your guide! I am so glad that we did not do one of the bus tours just to save about $80, that would have been the worst choice ever! Thanks again for the wonderful tour, we will be back for sure and will be contacting you again Carmine!

Visited May 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Magical experience exploring the Amalfi Coast & Paestum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

For our first family holiday to Italy we were keen to show our daughters the cities we enjoyed so much but also visit some places we hadn't seen before. What an excellent choice to visit the Amalfi Coast and Paestum, with the brilliant service offered by Amalfi Coast Drivers. We spent two days with the charming Carmine as our escort and guide. The first day we explored the Amalfi Coast which is just spectacular. The trip had been well thought out but was also flexible with options offered along the way (were we interested in visiting a friend's small winery, a famous ceramic maker, the best pastry shop, stopping for fresh squeezed lemon juice). The second day we visited Paestum with its impressive ancient Greek temples. Carmine included a visit and tour of an organic buffalo mozzarella farm with delicious products, a well versed guide for the tour of Paestum and its museum, and ended with a stop at a seaside village so our daughters could take a refreshing dip. Throughout two long days Carmine displayed a delightful combination of knowledge and humour. It felt like traveling with an old friend, our family adored him. I would recommend Amalfi Coast Drivers without reservation. Perfecto!

Visited July 2013