It is almost impossible to describe the fascinating, oddly beautiful, and eerie town of Matera. This hotel has been constructed out of the ancient caves of the Sassi, which, until the 1960s, was the second oldest continuously occupied city in the world. Our room was simple, but lovely, with the best bathroom of our month-long trip. The underground pool is stunning. The breakfast was very generous and offered many choices, including espresso drinks brought to your table. I highly recommend this hotel to those exploring this unique city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Locanda di San Martino lies in the heart of Matera’s Sassi Historical District, and at the same time it is conveniently located at a very short distance (100 meters) from the city center. The Locanda radiates outward from the deconsecrated church of San Martino and the street of the same name, through a series of balconies that enjoy a sunny exposure and a wonderful view of the Sasso Barisano. There are twenty-two guest rooms situated on four levels, renovated with the greatest care in order to respect their original forms as single homes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Locanda di San Martino - Hotel e Thermae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Locanda San Martino Matera
- Hotel Locanda San Martino