“Some of the best food we have eaten in France” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 restaurants in Chagnon
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Some of the best food we have eaten in France”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We discovered this restaurant on our last visit and ate there three times in one week!
The food was beautiful,the ambiance great -thanks to the personality of our hostess who is also an artist with an interesting and unusual gallery of her own work.
The duck was so good my partner ate it on all three visits...I loved the pork,the salmon and the lamb!
The mushroom starter and the terrine were both divine.
Delicious food, homemade bread,good wine..a great restaurant!

• Visited October 2012

100% Recommend
Midlands
“Another visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Been to the Chene Vert again on our recent visit to close our house up for the winter. Eat the super mushrooms for starters and rose scottish lamb for main, then creme brulee for dessert. Oh did I mention the cognac ! Excellent, you must try this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Selby, United Kingdom
“What a wonderful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I called into this restaurant late one night and they coiuld not have made us more welcome.
The food was devine and we found out prepared by a Scottish Man who certainly knows his meat, and how to cook it.
The whole evening was a complete pleasure, the only trouble was that we had been on a day out and we were very short of cash, (they don't take credit cards) so we were limited as to what we could afford. Next time, and there will deffinately be a next time, we WILL take a lot more cash and make sure we have a three course meal, not the one (although wonderful) meal we could afford. I am making this sound as if the food was excessively dear, which it wasn't at all.

The Le Chene Vert is also a paintist gallery and her works were wonderful to see, IMO she is a very talented lady.

• Visited August 2012
London, United Kingdom
“My favourite Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have had the pleasure of eating Andrew's food for the past 10 years, when I first went to a small village called Cresse with my girlfriends family.
Since then he has moved around a fair bit, and despite the change in sceneries, one thing hasn't changed and that is his talent. The attention to detail shown in each dish is fantastic, and he can't do enough to make sure you have a wonderful meal.

His rabbit (which he can get if you ask) is to die for, I will not eat it anywhere else, purely because I know it will not be as good.

To top things off, Andrew is a really nice guy, as is his lovely hostess, they have a great wine range. Even the bread which took andrew weeks to perfect is amazing.

Can't wait to visit again soon.

• Visited August 2012
Sunny Mid-Wales
“Well worth the visit..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Visited with some friends who now live in France for an anniversary lunch (their 39th wedding anniversary). The welcome was very warm and friendly and the lady welcomer's English was very, very much better than my pigeon-French! Although mid-May, it was unseasonably cold and we ate indoors; the food was hot, well-presented and just as we'd imagined a french chef-cooked meal to be - excellent! We had been looking forward to our very first French restaurant meal and we were not disappointed; if it were not 500+ miles and a ferry crossing away, we would visit more often!! I would recommend this restaurant/experience to anyone.

• Visited May 2012