I stayed here for 4 nights with my partner, our 5th trip to Valencia and we had stayed twice when tis hotel was owned by Melia and standards have slipped somewhat.
We got a really good rate (£44 per night excl breakfast) and for value for money this hotel was great, I just wouldn't want to pay any more for it:
1. Wifi was free but annoyingly slow; I'd rather pay for faster wifi, watching videos was near impossible.
2. Breakfast was ok (not as good as Melia, I missed the 'Ricon Valenciana'), 4 euros cheaper if you old reception the day before - if you can't speak Spanish you might struggle communicating with front desk staff.
3. Hotel restaurant was rather basic - Melia restaurant was rather nice.
4. Saturday and Sunday included comuniones or quinceanera, not sure which but they were REALLY loud and kids running screaming around the hotel.
5. Spa was expensive and included numerous extras (plastic hats, flip flops etc), front desk staff didn't know when it was open etc. We went to the spa in the shopping centre which was cheaper and nicer and open much later.
6. House keeping didn't change the sheets, they just made the bed.
There were some positives though, the room was clean and reasonable size, the staff were friendly and tolerated my attempts at Spanish (I'm learning so I appreciated the opportunity to practice). The bakery next door (Panaria, a small chain) has delicious coffee, pastries, horchata and fartons.
Overall, it was fine but if you can get a good rate at the Westin or Hopses Palau de la Mar, I'd recommend staying there.
We really like Valencia, it's a great city. Perfect for cycling - we used Valenbisi (similar to Boris Bikes in London) - as it's so flat and LOTS of cycle lanes. Restaurant Lienzo is very good, modern tapas, or 'gastrotapas' as they like to call it and very reasonably priced, the even had Toro wines, yum!
- Also Known As:
- Primus Valencia Hotel
- Primus Valencia Hotel Valencia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This ultra-modern hotel is just 600 metres from Valencia’s impressive City of Arts and Sciences. It has a spa, gym and its elegant rooms feature plasma satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.The air-conditioned rooms at the Valencia Primus have attractive wooden flooring and bright, modern décor. Each one is soundproofed and has a work desk and laptop safe.For a surcharge, guests have access to the hotel’s extensive spa, which features a dynamic swimming pool, cold pool, hot tub, sauna and hammam. A range of massage and beauty treatments are available. There is also a fitness centre.The hotel’s stylish restaurant serves traditional Mediterranean food with a modern twist. It has an outdoor terrace, and there is also a café-bar overlooking the charming decked garden.Aqua Multiespacio Shopping Centre is just opposite the Primus Valencia. There is a bus stop 75 metres away, connecting you with the city centre and beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Primus Valencia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.