“For me it was all about Mattheijs and Dany” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Valencia Mindfulness Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Valencia
Valencia Mindfulness Retreat
You added Valencia Mindfulness Retreat to your Saves list
Plaza Conde de Carlet 1 | 46003, 46003 Valencia, Spain (La Seu)   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #1 of 65 Valencia B&B and Inns
Mojacar, Spain
“For me it was all about Mattheijs and Dany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Mindfulness Retreat, these two gentlemen went all out to make our stay as comfortable as possible. They went over and above all expectations and were a true joy to be with. I was more interested in talking to these two beautiful souls than exploring Valencia!
Dany puts is heart into the breakfasts. The fresh white table cloth is lovingly layered with fruits of all kinds, eggs served in an amazing antique china tiered server, a variety of breads and coissants, including delicious bread that Dany personally baked.
I am not comfortable with elevators, and upon knowing that Mattheijs took my arm and escorted me up or down the stairs whenever I left or returned to the house.
The only downside to the stay there was leaving our wonderful hosts.
In case you are wondering (as I do, when I read reviews) if this is a genuine review: I had never met Dany or Mattheijs before and I am not a family member and was not a friend prior to the visit.
You won't regret choosing Valencia Mindfulness Retreat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed for three nights. Was treated to a lot of personal care and good conversation. Accommodation is very pleasant and in a very nice location. All comforts provided. Thoughtful, relaxed and homely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great location, so close to everything, so easy! The rooms are big and comfy, and breakfast is amazing. We had a lovely time in Valencia, and this bed & breakfast is a small true gem. Dany and Mattias were really helpful in giving us some recommendations on restaurants

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I'm writing this review as somewhat of a re-review to help rebuild the online reputation of a bed and breakfast that was once regarded on trip advisor as the best in Valencia. I was speaking with Matthijs earlier this month and he mentioned that business had slowed a little with the recent rebranding to the Valencia Mindfulness Retreat so I offered to jump back onto Trip Advisor and migrate my review, for which I have found, has been completely removed from record. For a business that was built on word of mouth (they don't advertise in any other forum than their simple website) and that really had the luxury of selecting its guests from pools of willing travellers that would apply to stay, this change has essentially removed their presence from trip advisor and has had a profound effect on their patronage.

For a little background. I stayed at the B&B, previously known as the Valencia Mansion, in late 2011 with my brother and a friend. Their place is small, filled with character and so comfortable. Really airy with a great vantage point for early mornings and evenings over the alleyways below.

The service is really what sets this place apart and it just seemed like the guys bent over backwards to ensure that we were as happy as possible. You can tell that the guys love doing what they do and that really made our experience in Valencia. Mattheijs and Kaola made sure they were home to greet us when we arrived, sat us down and offered us all of their local knowledge while we enjoyed a little welcome drink and bite to eat.

Breakfasts every day were unreal and really set us up for great days out. I would reiterate every positive word issued in the reviews below.

As far as location was concerned, I couldn't think of any better. Right around the corner from Plaza del Virgen and much of what Valencia has to offer. It is the most beautiful, historic part of town. Incredibly safe location.

It is also incredibly affordable. You never really feel like this B&B is a business. Lodging is really inexpensive, they have a home bar guarded by their honesty pig and everything from clean luxurious towels to toiletries are supplied. You really feel like you are staying at a close friend's eclectically decorated town house.

I would recommend this place for couples especially, solo travellers and even groups of friends. The style of service is probably not suited for business travellers or families though I'm sure they would be accommodated.

Room Tip: There are only a handful, we liked them all
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dany D, Owner at Valencia Mindfulness Retreat, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear DNaidu,

With this note we would like to thank you very much for your very positive review of Bed and Breakfast Valencia Mindfulness Retreat. With a new concept and new faces to match, it warms
our hearts that guests from long ago make an effort to convey their recommendations for a
unique B&B-location in the city center of Valencia. Also we aim to keep the spirit going,
and hope to see you back at this unique location in Valencia. Even though a fresh start might
take some time to make name, we will do anything to live up to the expectations of our guests.
Thank you very much for your support, and also we hope to welcome you soon at a brand new
Bed and Breakfast in the center of Valencia! Warm wishes, Dany @ Valencia Mindfulness Retreat.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Your balcony opens to morning sunshine on a quiet street, when the hustle & bustle of the vibrant historic center of town is just a block away. Two most gracious hosts meet you with Cava or tea and offer their local experience to help guide you to the sites and activities that you want to see. They're very friendly folks! Rooms are private, perfectly clean, and the breakfast is fantastic! If you're looking for a deviation from the normal business/chain hotel, this is the place to go. I think the value can't be beat. Will I go again? You bet!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I loved my stay here! I would recommend it especially for couples and for women travelling alone who wish to explore Valencia because the location couldn't be better, it is right off the Plaza del Virgen and steps away from the Cathedral. This is a gorgeous, historic neighborhood of Victorian townhomes. I felt very safe. I walked everywhere to all the major attractions and the hosts were very helpful with maps and recommendations. If you want the privacy of an anonymous chain hotel or motel, and you don't want to meet fellow travellers, this place would not suit you. However, if you want a very personal, European experience, I would recommend this place. Remember in "Eat Pray Love" Julia Roberts talked about "“il dolce far niente” (it is sweet to do nothing)? The high-celinged rooms, this Edwardian building, this entire neighborhood of Valencia, reminded me of that phrase. If I return to Valencia, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are different sizes; if you need lots of space or are a light sleeper, you should ask upfront...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Some places are all hustle and bustle. Some places are stark practices in antiseptic efficiency. I tend to feel stressed in these sorts of places. They're so sterile and regimented that it makes me want to be the same way, which is the last thing I want when going on vacation.

So when I encountered the Valencia Mindfulness Retreat, I was blown away. The ambiance, the people, the food, the cava, and the location created such a relaxed feeling within me, I didn't want to leave. Sitting in the meditation room or in the main salon, sipping cava, and listening to the bells of Valencia Cathedral are at the heart of my special memories of this place.

I can't return soon enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Valencia Mindfulness Retreat? Share your experiences!