We stayed here for a Saturday night in mid-November, while in the area for a local sporting event. The hotel is relatively easy to find on the main road from the centre down to the port.
Reception was efficient and cordial enough, even if rather business-like. The bedroom allocated was on the top floor at the end of the corridor and had a cot, not needed, although it had the double bed preferred after reminding the staff when booking in. It was quite spacious and presentable, and perhaps slightly utilitarian in feel.
Breakfast very good indeed - great range and good coffee machine, freshly squeezed natural orange juice, etc - only suggestion is bacon too fatty, and couldn't the tray be drained of the excess oil?!
Good value for the deal we booked via Vivastay.
ATTENTION - local road parking controlled by "gorillas" who extort a tip when you park, we gave them €1 on parking so they "look after" (= don't damage) your car, and *nothing* when leaving when we went next day before the scum managed to arrive, patrolling the top of the street towards the hotel, but nonetheless came running over when he heard the engine starting. We had approached form a different direction and without suitcases clicking on the pavement! Tried to block us form manoeuvring away, but we escaped without incident. Next time I would actively consider the hotel parking even though it costs more.
Clean, modern bathroom
Range of different types of pillow available, according to "pillow menu" in room info
Good blackout curtains - 8.30a.m. on a sunny morning and it was black as midnight inside the room - good sleep quality from these (although see note about mattress).
NOT SO GOOD POINTS
Hard mattress - not at all luxurious
No bidet in bathroom
TV old - quite chunky, perhaps 2005-2006 vintage (see photo)
Air-con / heating not working (see other reviews) although not important this w/e, as the room was a good temperature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silken Puerta Valencia is set 5 minutes' walk from Valencia's Mestalla Stadium and 15 minutes' walk from the City of Arts and Sciences. It features free Wi-Fi and an a la carte restaurant.The Puerta Valencia offers chic, contemporary decor designed by Javier Mariscal. Its air-conditioned rooms are spacious and have parquet floors, satellite TV and a desk.The Puerta Valencia Restaurant serves a range of Mediterranean cuisine, specialising in rice-based dishes. There is also a cafe-bar, which serves tapas and cocktails in the evening.The hotel features a large, on-site parking facility, available at an extra cost. The nearest Metro station, Aragon, is around 400 metres away and connects guests to the city's old town and cathedral in 10 minutes. The beach is just over one kilometre from the Silken. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Silken Puerta Valencia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silken Puerta Valencia Hotel Valencia
- Silken Puerta Hotel Valencia
- Valencia Silken Puerta Hotel