“Ding Dong Palacete -” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DingDong Palacete

You added DingDong Palacete to your Saves list
DingDong Palacete
1.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Embajador Vich, 5, 46001 Valencia, Spain (Sant Francesc)   |
Ranked #22 of 64 Valencia B&B and Inns
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Ding Dong Palacete -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed only 2 nights there in September 2012. The location was great, the bed comfortable and the room rather clean. However, there were also quite a couple of inconveniences. Entering the building was a challenge - there was a problem with the lock and you had to spend five minutes turning that key around, everytime. There were no other pieces of furniture except the (comfortable) bed, which meant that you could not place your things anywhere else but the floor, or the bed, if you consider sleeping with your posessions. The room had a very small window, with the view to another (inside) wall - some natural light would have been welcome.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DingDong P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at DingDong Palacete, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing our Hostel DingDong Palacete for your last stay in Barcelona.
We are strategically located, right in the centre of the city where all the shops, restaurants and bars are. The hostel is well-connected with the mean main transport too.
Referring to the furniture of the room, DingDong Palacete has a minimalist design and the rooms are equipped with the necessary (wardrobe, bed and one small bedside table).
We regret any inconvenience that the lock may have caused you. We will contact the department and take action to prevent a recurrence. We take seriously your comments for future improvements.
We will be satisfied to can welcome you the next time you are in our city. Therefore, don't hesitate contacting us in advance, to offer you any particular request.

Kind Regards,
DingDong Palacete, Valencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Hereford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

When I booked this hotel I was looking for a simple base for 4 nights in the very centre of Valencia and one that would not be too expensive but clean, comfortable and with a private bathroom which is exactly what I got. I was put off a little by the name, Ding Dong, to be honest! My husband thinks it relates to the nearby Cathedral and its bell (which does not seem to chime during the night, thankfully) but I think it's more to do with a traditional hotel desk bell.
Our journey from the airport to the centre of town was simplicity in itself as it was by metro but finding the check in place (and the hostel) itself was harder because our map didn't show many of the street names in the old town though our sat nav got us there! The metro was good and it was cheap. There is a multi trip pass available and this is most economic plus you can buy a visitor card that gives discounts on attractions though we didn't as it would not have been cost effective for our itinerary. We used it to go to the beach and to the zoo, Bioparc.
Our room on the second floor (there is a lift) comprised an enormous double bed, a small wardrobe which had a lock and key, one bedside table, ample electric sockets, a very large window (I would have worried about this if we had children with us) and a private bathroom. It wasn't a big room, partly because of the size of the bed but it was adequate and it didn't seem too small due to the very large mirror on one wall. I would have liked a second bedside table especially as the very comfortable bed was so huge, making it hard to share one! There was a large flat screen television (with remote control but only Spanish stations). The atmospheric lighting was just that which was OK unless you wanted to read as there was only a bedside light on the side where the table was. I would have liked much better lighting because I enjoy reading. The WiFi was at first a little dodgy because I tried to latch onto Ding Dong, as suggested, with the pass code and it wouldn't let me. I was, however, successful at logging onto another of the Ding Dong signals (4, I think), using the same pass code and I was able to use the internet easily though it did drop out from time to time.
The bathroom comprised a toilet, a wash basin and a very good shower plus complimentary toiletries. The room and bathroom were very clean and the decor was modern and quite spartan but chic. Our room on the inside of the building was quiet though we could hear some noise from other rooms, notably water but also talking on one occasion during our 4 night stay.
As there was no kettle in the room and no breakfast, I took along a travel kettle and some instant porridge plus tea and coffee. There is no fridge (but there is air conditioning and heating as necessary) so our tea was green tea without milk! There were, however, plenty of places to eat nearby; we just wanted to have lazy mornings. I also took a hairdryer as there wasn't one in the room.
The hostel location is fantastic. It is right in the thick of things and there are loads of places to eat all around plus lots of scrummy shopping. The nearest Metro is about a 10 minute walk away and the attractions are an easy Metro ride away including the beach which was lovely and the fantastic Bioparc which is unmissable. We also went to an art gallery. Had the weather not been so fantastic, we would have visited the brilliant science museum and aquarium but that's for another time! The central market is a must with its fabulous displays of food and the very excellent tapas bar that is situated in the market hall. There are oodles of good restaurants in the vicinity of this hostel. We liked most of all the ones that were off the beaten track and frequented by locals. My husband loved the hat shop and the cigar shop where he was able to buy cigars at excellent prices. I liked the big department stores and the shopping generally, especially Pull and Bear for fashionable gifts for our teenage sons. There were lots of excellent shoe shops too!
All in all, an excellent choice of city and accomodation which was very attractively priced. I would return both to Valencia and to the Ding Dong Palacete if I wanted simple, clean, well positioned accommodation. If I was staying for more than a few nights I would most likely prefer somewhere with more wardrobe space (small with 4 hangers but lockable) and with other storage e.g. a chest of drawers/desk and second bedside table plus more conventional lighting but it suited our purpose and was good for our short stay.

Room Tip: We were happy with Room 204 which was on the second floor on the inside of the building, with no str...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you to share with other fellow users of TripAdvisor your experience in Hostel DingDong Palacete.
Thank to you for choose our establishment for your last stay in Valencia, and for your positive assessment. Your comments about our location, service and quality, are the best reward and encouragement to continue making our guests' stay an unforgettable experience.
We are strategically located, right in the centre of the city where all the shops, restaurants and bars are. The hotel is well-connected with the mean main transport for travelling around the city easily.
We are glad to know that the rooms were to your liking. Our main goal is to make enjoy our guests of his experience in the Hostel.
We regret any inconvenience that the atmospheric lighting and the noise from other rooms may have caused you during your stay. We will contact the department and take action to prevent a recurrence. We consider your comments for future improvements of the installations of our Hostel.
We would love to welcome you in the future. Please, don't hesitate to contact us for the next time you visit the city.

Kind Regards,
Hastings, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here in early October, having read some really good reviews of this hotel. Whilst the location is fantastic, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean (cleaned every day and towels regularly changed), I was disappointed with much of the hotel.

The 24 hour hotel reception is in another hotel 10 minutes walk away, there is no one on site nor any means of contacting them other than going there. The room was VERY dark, lighting was very low level and minimal and the dark, matt paintwork absorbed what little light there was. I understand that many of the rooms have street / outside views, as a single traveller mine was down a sort of well in the roof and so there was no view, except some cigarette ends that a room upstairs had thrown out of the window, so little natural light. In the evening I could not even get enough light to clip a torn fingernail!

There is no storage space apart from the wardrobe, nothing, no drawers no shelves, nowhere to put your soap in the shower, not even anywhere to put my toothpaste by the very trendy washbasin.

However the worst aspect was that there was a lockable partition between my room and the next, which for most of my stay was unoccupied, however on the last night I returned to my room to find I had neighbours in this room. The partition was so thin it was like sharing my room with them, and one of them snored loudly all night - if it had not been my last night I would have insisted on another room, there is no way there was ANY sort of soundproofing between these rooms.

The staff were very helpful in looking after my bags as I did not leave Valencia until the afternoon, but overall my visit was a disappointment. As a single traveller you get used to being housed in the least attractive rooms, this hotel had good points but I could certainly not have stayed for very long in this room, and certainly not with people in the neighbouring room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
DingDong P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at DingDong Palacete, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear guest,
In reference to the collection of keys, we regret any inconvenience on the arrival. We would like to let you know that you can find all necessary information on the website of the hostel.
Certainly the quieter rooms of the Hostel are interior rooms and unfortunately they do not have natural light, however rooms have lamps for your full comfort. We are surprised with your comments about the cigarettes because in DingDong Palacete smoke is not allowed.
The hostel has a minimalist and functional design; we understand that cannot be liked by all our customers. We value your comments of the bathtub for future improvements in the hostel.
We always try to have silence within the hotel grounds; we regret that in your last night could not rest.
However, thank you for appreciating the treatment of staff. As you could verify, the staff are carefully selected because we want to offer our customers the best stay possible.
We will be satisfied to can welcome you the next time you are in our city and in that way you can change your minds about our hostel. Therefore, don't hesitate contacting us in advance, to offer you any particular request.

Best regards,
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed here for 7 days in September 2012 - NEVER AGAIN!!!!

The room was not very clean upon arrival, especially the shower (found stains and hair clips on the floor)

The wi-fi did not work for the entire week (the manager's excuse was that the hotel was fully booked and the wi-fi couldn't handle it)

The blind in the room was broken so we could not let any sunlight in

The lock on the outer door was broken so it took, on average, around 10 minutes to gain entry to the building - it was very frustrating to wiggle the key around for several minutes each time

No T.V. remote control

There was a loud buzzing noise coming from within the walls of our room so we had to stay at a completely different hotel, out of the city centre in the Port area, for 2 nights whilst the problem was fixed. Staff were unapologetic and we had to arrange transport back to Ding Dong Palacete once we were informed our room had been fixed.

Customer Service was appalling - staff were unapologetic, brisk and unfriendly. This was the case both in person when we reported problems and then via email when we complained about problems when returned home

The hotel's claim to have sound-proofed rooms is a total lie - you can hear everything in the entire building

All-in-all, a disastrous trip. I would not recommend Ding Dong to anybody....EVER!

Room Tip: Do not stay in any!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
actah0tels, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at DingDong Palacete, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear guest,

First, thank you for choosing Ding Dong Places for your stay in Valencia and we regret the succession of events that bothered your stay.
We tried to make your stay as comfortable as possible, that is why we offered to change rooms in Ding Dong Palacete but you did not accept it. As the rest of Ding Dong Hostels were full, we booked into another hotel with a superior class. Once we had availability, you decided to stay again in Ding Dong Palacete.
Referring to the air conditioning maintenance, which caused the rest of inconveniences , as you know, we apologized and offered our hospitality and the reimbursement of the costs of the taxi for the trip to the other hotel. Unfortunately you never felt the same way.
You also wrote a review on Booking website, that as you know we have already answered and tried to solve the issue, but through Booking we have no public defence. This time, having used TripAdvisor we want to take profit of the opportunity and apologize for all the inconveniences caused and reason out your complains

Kind regards,
Ding Dong Palacete, Valencia
newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rooms are as described in other reviews . Basic. On the small side . No storage space . That said fantastically central location . Clean . Tidy and safe . Though there was no safety deposit box.

But the thing that spoilt this place for me was the front door entrance . The lock just did not function as a lock . It opened SOMETIMES . Just not good enough . And despite reporting this to reception at DingDong Telas....nothing was done , The reception staff were well aware of the problems - said that they had and were reporting this to the management but nothing was done. Their advice was to ring them when the lock wasn't working ...hardly ideal. We did this and someone from the Telas come around and then we watched then struggle with the lock .

My advice .....go somewhere else

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DingDong P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at DingDong Palacete, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for chosing DingDong Palacete for your stay in Valencia and for taking a few minutes to write your impression of our hotel and share your experience with other fellow travelers. We really appreciate your comments about the quality and service.

As you comment, during your stay, we had some problems with the door lock but we would like to let you know that they are already solved. We would be really glad to have you back in the hostel during your next visit to Valencia.
Newcastle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stayed here for 10 nights in mid september. We were in room 401 which was on the top floor, heard no noise at all from any other guests. Room slightly basic, great if you were just staying a few nights but we were there 10 and there are no drawers, shelves, tables ect in the bedroom and a really small wardrobe with only 4 coathangers. Bathroom great, shower fabulous, towel gorgeous and soft and regularly changed. Room cleaned every day. We had a lot of trouble getting in and out the front door, had to ring sister hotel or walk up to sister hotel several times to get key changed/get someone out to let us in and then they also struggled. Some nights there would be a few couples all trying to get in. The restaurant opposite would always come over and try and help as would the workers at the club next door and they all said this was a regular occurrence. We loved our stay here, just please do something about the key. Its really frustrating when you are ready for bed but it takes you 20 minutes to get in or you have to wait for the receptionist from the other hotel to come on his bike but then also struggle.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DingDong P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at DingDong Palacete, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for chosing DingDong Palacete for your stay in Valencia and for taking a few minutes to write your experience. We really apologize forthe inconvenients with the key, as you say, we had some problems with the door lock but we would like to let you know that they are already solved. We would be really glad to have you back in the hostel during your next visit to Valencia.
Kind regards,
DingDong Palacete
Ghent, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Based on the pictures and good reviews on this site, I booked a room via booking.com in Dingdong Palacete. I'm very dissatisfied about the room! It's extremely tiny and it doesn't have a window! This is Spain, not Vietnam?? I'm supposed to stay here for 4 nights? I went to the reception, explained I was not happy and asked for another room. The 2 girls were not very helpful. "Maybe we will have another room for you tomorrow. We are still getting bookings in for this weekend", they said. So people that book last minute probably get a better room then I did (I booked 4 weeks ago)?! I feel ripped off by booking.com and by Dingdong HOSTAL (this is totally NOT A HOTEL). So please take off all the nice pictures and put something more realistic on this website!

Room Tip: I booked via booking.com and got an aweful room. The only tip I have: go somewhere else.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DingDong P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at DingDong Palacete, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Guest,
First of all we want to thank you for choosing Ding Dong Palacete during your stay in Valencia. As you already know, Ding Dong Palacete is a hostal, we are classified in the 2nd group of spanish law accommodations and in our classification, we fulfil with the rule demanded. During your stay, We received an email from you, with the same complaint written here, and it was replied by our Hostal Manager.
We wanted to help you and make a pleasant stay in Valencia with us, for this reason, we offered you to change to Ding Dong Telas from the following day as we were fortunately fully booked.
The following day, you were booked in DingDong Telas and you were satisfied with this solution.
We want to apologise if we did not fulfill your expectations but we always look after our guest satisfaction since we opened in March.
Kind regards. DIngDong Palacete. palacete@dingdongplaces.com

Been to DingDong Palacete? Share your experiences!