“Brilliant meal at Appetite!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #141 of 2,108 Restaurants in Valencia
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: "... Hambre no es mas que la necesidad fisiologica de comer, mientras que apetito appetite tiene el aliciente del placer, que uno experimenta cuando come"
warwickshire, UK
“Brilliant meal at Appetite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a fantastic meal at Appetite. The food was excellent and the range of flavours was amazing (even though I overdid the chilli sauce - which prompted second to none service from the staff in trying to cool my mouth down with a drink and cucumber chunks!). The atmosphere in the restaurant is really good too - full on a Sunday evening. So a big thank you to all the staff but especially to Bonnie the chef!!

London, United Kingdom
“one of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Visited Appetite for our occasional visits to Valencia city and boy did it deliver excellence. We opted for spicy asian as that was what we were craving for (after one too many fried tapas and sardins) and the 8 courses were like heaven in our mouths. The food had layers upon layers of flavour and substance. We only wished we came earlier, but we will definately make this a must do stops for our next visit. Thank you Stefan for those great tasting cocktails and Bonnie and the girls in the kitchen for making our night one we will talk about for ages, and Aranci for being a wonderful host. Thank you all, Maddy & Sage.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Utterly enjoyable! Perfect for a group too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I was in valencia only two weeks ago with 4 friends. We ate in Appetite twice we liked it so much! The experience of the tasting menu in itself is so enjoyable. And teamed with the great food, coktails and service, it made for a fantastic night both nights! I would definitely recommend people eat here.

Helsinki
“An experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

There is good food and there is food as an experience. This is decidedly the latter. The combination of flavors, textures and cultural references spins a mesmerizing yarn that will leave you musing after you are on your way home. The chef can make poetry out of food that goes beyond consumption and the satisfaction of "needs". It keeps you guessing and teases you, so that you engage on some higher level that exceeds the utilitarian and customary conventions, normally associated with "dinner".
I realize talking about a restaurant in these terms seems excessive. If I were reading these sentences my eyes would glaze over, my gaze would glide askance--but I am not reading, I'm writing them because I've experienced it.
Went with my wife and we were both skeptical because a lot of travelers tend to be too easy on restaurants just because they were on vacation, having a great time and willing to waive the usual standards of discernment. We had the six course tasting menu with lobster. I did not like every single piece but I found the whole and the progression therein quite a ride. We ordered ours spicy and paired with a hearty red wine. From appetizer to desert it was an adventure. I'd go again. Prices are reasonable, given the quality and everybody likes a surprise this delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Appetite -the Bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

You just have to choose between 6 or 8 plates and how spicy you would like to dine. You say what you do not like and if you have any intolerances - the menue is than a surprise and depends on the chef. Great !!

• Visited August 2013