“Birthday Treat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Villajoyosa
Los Alcazares, Spain
“Birthday Treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This hotel is modern, spacious and clean. The view is excellent as situated right on the beach front. We were full board. We found the food good but not really hot. Had to put some meals in microwave to hot them up. Otherwise the variety of food was very good. Only other observation was the bathroom towels were not to the standard for a new four star hotel. It would be a nice touch if the hotel did tea/coffee making facilities in the bedrooms. Our views would not put us off staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
sandraserrano, Director General at Allon Mediterrania Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you to choose our establishment to enjoy your last holidays in Villajoyosa. I am very glad that you have a comfortable stay and that our staff has done a pleasant stay.
I would like to thank you for the time you have spent to write this e mail, because for me it is very important feedback from our guests.
Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
North West England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Spent a couple of nights there in February on dinner bed and breakfast basis. Modern, clean hotel serving a respectable breakfast ( could definitely improve on the coffee and a toasting machine that does not take such a long time to toast bread ) and a good dinner. Value for money at this time of year. All staff were very polite. Our room was sea view on the 5th floor. It was beautiful looking out from the balcony at the reflection of the Sun on the sea in the mornings - so relaxing. In the evenings you can smell the scent of chocolate emanating from the Valor chocolate factory which is located in Villajoyosa (best take a car if you wish to visit). You can take a lovely stroll along the beach taking in the fishing marina/harbour. I would imagine it would be a great place to stay in the summer as the beach is very good. For us it was just what we wanted, peace and quiet and a good rest.

Room Tip: If you are driving, there is an empty plot of land next to the hotel where you can park your car for...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dunstable, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed here in August 2013. We are a family of 3, our son who was 10 at the time was on a put me up bed (which was large for a single and comfy). A fridge was provided, which was handy to put a few beers in and sit on the balcony before we went out. The hotel is very modern. The beach is about 15 metres out the front of the hotel, nice and clean, plenty of room even for August. There is free wifi you have to get a code from reception every 24 hours. We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis, plenty of choice the usual hot breakfast or cereals, toasts and pancakes/omelettes which was a nice touch. The pool is small but does the job and again is spotlessly clean. The bar was reasonable and offers food, such as bagettes, pasta and salads. Nice restaurants nearby and a sports bar a couple of hundred metres away which my partner was delighted about he didn't have to miss any big matches. We visited the chocolate museum (takes a couple of hours) and well worth it. We also got the train into Benidorm which was about 20 minutes away. Lovely central location.

Room Tip: I saw a double, triple and a room for a family of four. All were very nice and modern, all have sea...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stafford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I was in Villajoyosa on business and couldn't have picked a better hotel to stay in. Modern, high standard and bright sitting next to the sea, I only wish that I'd have been there in June not January. My room was on the 5th floor, what a view of the sea sadly my wife wasn't with me maybe next time.

This hotel was perfect for my visit and really great staff and excellent value for money. I didn't have much time to look at Villajoyosa but still found a very good restaurant in the port which again was great value for money. I think I'll be back as a tourist next time.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I spent a night at this lovely 4* hotel in between Christmas and New Year and was really impressed. The hotel is clean and modern and all the rooms have a wonderful view over the beautifully clean beach and Mediterrean Sea ... Perfect !. Not many hotels that you can lay in bed and get such a stunning view from.
The staff were great and everything was 5*
Villajoyosa is a lovely Spanish town with delightful coloured houses along the seafront. There is also the famous "Valor" chocolate factory to visit if you have the time.
We ate at the hotel in evening and the buffet meal was varied and plentiful and breakfast was excellent too .... Well done to all at Hotel Allon

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely return !

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is a modern hotel that overlooks the Med. From our fifth floor balcony we could see far out to sea and a long way up and down the coast. It was a beautiful sight to see. The views alone make this hotel worth visiting. Our room was generally clean although we did have some slight issues with the housekeeping and were told that there was a new housekeeper on our floor. The included breakfast was great although the coffee machine did not make great coffee. The location was outstanding, right on the beach and only a block from downtown Villajoyosa. We were there 5 days and would love to go back.

Room Tip: The higher your room, the better the view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed in the Allon hotel for 4 nights and it was super. We were there in the Halloween season and although there war lots of festivities in the Bar are, we war never disturbed.
We had lovely weather and were able to sleep with our windows open to enjoy the sound of the sea.
The room was all we needed with a clean bathroom, a good bed and a television set with even a Dutch/Flemish channel.
Breakfast was excellent, except for the coffee from the coffee machine, which tasted a little bitter.
We didn't had lunch or dinner in the hotel, so we cannot judge that part of the service.
In general excellent service in an excellent hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
sandraserrano, Director General at Allon Mediterrania Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Walter

Firstly I would like to thank you very much for choosing Hotel Allon Mediterrania for your last holidays

It´s a pleasure for us that you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that all our services were satisfactory for you.

We appreciate your comments in Tripadvisor, it helps us to know your opinion and to improve our quality.

Looking forward to seeing you soon

Been to Allon Mediterrania Hotel? Share your experiences!