“My 30th In Benidorm - Fab Location For Beach & Bars! WHOOP!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vina del Mar Apartments

You added Vina del Mar Apartments to your Saves list
Vina del Mar Apartments
1.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Avenida Mediterraneo 47 | Alicante, 03503 Benidorm, Spain   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
SELBY, NORTH YORKSHIRE
“My 30th In Benidorm - Fab Location For Beach & Bars! WHOOP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed at the VDM 14-17 June with 7 girlfriends for my 30th birthday – what a weekend!

I booked two, two bed apartments at VDM via Travel Republic and in my opinion got a good price for June 2012!

VDM is about an hour from the airport (cheap £6 transfers also booked via Travel Republic).

Upon arrival we checked in and were asked to leave our passports (standard procedure). We were allocated rooms 4A and 4B. We were then asked to pay 100 euro deposit per room. I disputed this but was told we had to pay. From what I can gather it’s only if you are in a group you have to pay. So if you are a couple or family I don’t imagine you will need to pay. I had checked with other TA members about deposits before I went and all told me that they didn’t have one to pay (I should add I’m not blaming anyone, its obviously at the receptions discretion).

Our rooms were easily accessible via the 3 lifts. Sadly we weren’t high enough so had the view of trees, but we didn’t mind as were hardly in the rooms anyway.

The rooms were fantastically equipped, best self catering apartments I have ever stayed in. They come with free air con but this is worthless as in both our rooms it didn’t work. Thank god they had two fans! We did tell reception but they didn’t do anything about it. They are huge too, kitchen, separate lounge area, two bedrooms, two bathrooms (only one with shower), big balcony, just fantastic amount of space. The only thing they were lacking was mirrors! You don’t get a linen or towel change if you are there for the weekend though. If you run out of loo roll just ask for another! Reception do ask you to empty your bins and give the room a quick tidy before you depart.

The location of the hotel, well it couldn’t be any better in my opinion. Its one street from the lovely beach albeit it rocky in the sea (not like this at the opposite end so I’m now told) and only moments away from the nightlife. There are a couple of lively bars on the seafront that were rammed with folk enjoying Euro 2012.

If you come out of the hotel and turn left and walk round the corner you will come to Morgans Tavern aka Neptune’s as seen on TV show Benidorm. Its literally at the back of VDM, you can see the ship from the pool / hot tub area at the VDM. If you turn left and head to Morgan’s you are on Calle Gerona, simply keep walking down and enjoy the bars on offer! If you turn right and carry on walking till you find the grill place – eat here, its gorgeous, a little further up is the train to the old town. Take a trip to Tapas Alley, devine!

The pool area at VDM was adequate, we hardly used so cant really comment. There is no pool bar but there is a pool and then a hot tub on the next level up! Perfect sun trap!

Overall I really loved my stay at the VDM and will definitely return in the future – next June with a bit of luck!

Feel free to send me any questions you may have.

Enjoy.

Lou

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Fantastic Wouldn't stay anywhere else now i've stayed here - absolutley fantastic. Locaion, staff, cleanliness - all brilliant!! Hope to book for me + 20 friends next year for my 50th!! - Can't recommend it highly enough - Super Dooperxx

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

These apts were absolutely gorgeous, extremely clean and all apts fully equiped with kitchen utensiles etc.. Towels changed twice during the week, can get toliet paper form reception. The staff were all very helpful and very nice. There are only two problems i had with these apts, one was that the pool area is lacking music and a bar/ restuarant. there is a cafe to the front of the hotel, but I didn't fancy going out in my bikini. We went to the beach most days out of boredom from the pool area. Check out the Sol beach bar, its a lovely bar. There was also no security on the apts at night time ,there is 24 CCTV but I dont think these are efficeint. A friend of mine had a problem one night and we had noone to help us. The people in the apts upstairs heard us and came to see if we were ok, we were fine. My friend had a bad experience with someone on the corner of the block. The apts are so central, literally 2-3mins walk from the centre of the british square and once you go to the street at the back of the apts, there are pubs all the way along. I would recommend this apt to people again. My only concern would be to make sure you walk home in groups and let nobody walk home alone. but this is the case in all apts/ hotels in Benidorm. The apts main door was suppose to be closed every night, however, it was not. Any time we went home it was wide open, Once you got to your room though there was a lock on the door and was safe. Don't think I would go back to Benidorm again, I didn't feel safe there at all. I've been to Ibiza and Maguluf also, and found these were ok. the amount of fights in the British square was unreal. This has nothing to do with the apots though. Would recommend them, very nice. Only advice Stick together...Thanks to the group of men in the apts above us that were kind enough to meet up with us and walk us home if we needed.........

stevenage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

this is the first time we have stayed here normally stay up the road at another complex but decided to try these. Was really pleased with the apartments we had the two bedroom and the father in law the one bedroom, i must say for the price i don't think you can get any better.
the location is perfect for shopping and the bars, a short 2 min walk from the beach as well what can i say. Reception staff are brilliant a lovely scottish lady was very helpful can't remember her name sorry a credit to her job.
Overall we will be coming back here and would reccomend to anyone :-)

Room Tip: get a room above 6th floor for sea views otherwise you will be looking at trees
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Just returned after a 5 night stay with 3 friends.

We were totally amazed at the size of our 2 bed apartment and never once felt as if we were getting in each others way, especially when getting ready to go out for the day/evening.

The lounge area had 2 3 seater sofas and a chair with table. You also had a 4 seater table and chairs, along with a flat screen tv on the wall.
There is a large balcony with another set of table and chairs and a large dryer for your clothes etc.
2 bedrooms with single beds and 1 with ensuite and a bathroom in between.
The kitchen was fully equipped and we also have freshly brewed coffee every morning.

There is also ample space for sunbathing to the rear of the apartments. 2 pools, 1 with fountains of water that is ideal for children. Have to say though and this is purely because of the time of year, the pool was freezing, once it's had the summer sun on it, it will be perfect. There is also an upper area for sunbathing to and we were pleasantly surprised to find a jacuzzi. It was so peaceful up there late on in the afternoon and a fine way to relax and unwind before the evenings entertainment ahead.

There are plenty of shops round the front of the apartments, but if you turn right and walk up the road, you will find Carefore for all your food shopping.

We did find a little oasis though for our breakfasts. Turn left and walk up as far as the Santander bank and walk down towards the beach and you will find The Rose and Crown. Food is fantastic and all home made and we were made to feel really welcome by Ian and Alison. What more can you ask for, we will be making sure to return on our next trip. They will also do packed lunches for you for the beach, which is seconds away.

Make sure to take time to go to either Steptoes 1 or 2 to see Jamie Somers tribute to Micheal Buble, he is wonderful to watch and has a fabulous voice and I have to say is very pleasant on the eye ;0).

Can't wait until we return and will no doubt be starting to plan very soon.

Alicante
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

Great location. One street back from the beach, a few mins walk to the main disco, bar area. The apartments sleep 6 easily with large lounges. Value for money great 50 euros a night for all of us. Only 5 euros parking as well. The rooms were a bit cold though but heating in lounge was good. There was a really terrible smell f gas in the apartment which seemed to come from the gas hob. Switched it off at the source and it thankfully went away. The rooms are fine. A bit dated but for that price amazing at less than 10euros each. Wouldn't take kids there as the windows open up without any safety things and that was a high seven floors up. Maybe lower floors would be okay. All in all fine for what we needed. Staff were great as well. They were cheery and very very helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Barnsley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have stayed at the Vina Del Mar now for some years and will continue to stay there because the apartments are clean and well situated on the avenida del mediterraneo. The staff are very helpful and all speak english, one member of staff being British. Give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a high level floor for a better view because of the tree lining the Avenida Del Mediterranio.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Vina del Mar Apartments? Share your experiences!