My wife and I spent 4 nights from 10th November on a golf break at the hotel. We were lucky enough to be given a room upgrade to a superior room with King size bed within 'The Level' section of the hotel. The room had a view of the golf course, large bathroom with separate shower, large walk in closet, mini bar with comp soft drinks on arrival and a separate lounge area. No complaints there!
On the first night the restaurant was a buffet which really was first class. Nicely laid our restaurant with linen tablecloths and napkins. Great selection including show cooking of various meats and fish. Breakfast is also a buffet with everything you could ask for. Top marks again!
We played golf first on the longer Levante course. Buggy cost a reasonable €18. An enjoyable course not seen at it's best due to poor weather. Although there are 5 different tees on each hole only the yellow and red were in play.
We also played the shorter Poniente course where the buggy was included in the break we booked. Would imagine cost would be the same but would suggest, despite the length of the course, a buggy in essential given that the course is hilly and there is a good distance between the tees. This is a lovely course with some nice elevated tees. Not difficult but challenging enough especially with the wind. Don't think because it's a par 62 it's a pitch and putt course, it really is worth a visit (though some of the ladies tees are ridiculously short).
Dinner on the remaining nights was in the very nice Italian themed restaurant. Set menu on half board with a selection of 3 starters, mains and desserts. Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the service. Special thanks to Desiree and Lola.
We visited the Spa which was fine but at €25 euros each or €40 per couple felt it was overpriced in relation to better spas we have visited. Sauna and steam rooms and showers seemed very dated. Pool area and salt bath were fine. Towels a bit threadbare. Staff again very pleasant.
The small gym is free for guests. Equipment is modern and in very good condition. OK as a holiday gym with water and towels supplied.
There was only one bar open with entertainment on the first night only. Bar prices at €3.50 for a 330ml bottle of local beer or a glass of wine. A Bloody Mary costs €9 and red wine starts around €18 a bottle.
There is ample parking which costs €2 a day (more for underground car park). Personally don't see the need to charge guests but there is no real choice but to use car park if, like us, you arrive by car.
This does appear to be a lovely complex with fantastic pool areas and a good selection of restaurants which will obviously be open in high season. It was very quiet during our stay and will undoubtedly be completely different during high season.
In short, very happy to recommend this hotel and golf resort. Plenty amenities on site with Benidorm only a €12 taxi ride away for those who want the beach or the night life.
Thanks to all at Villaitana. We're already planning a return visit.
- Also Known As:
- Villaitana Wellness Golf & Business Sun Hotel Benidorm
- Villaitana Wellness Golf & Business Sun Hotel
- Villaitana Wellness Golf And Business Sun Resort
- Villaitana Wellness Hotel Business Sun
- Villaitana Wellness Resort Business Sun
- Sheraton Benidorm
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated 20 minutes from Alicante, Meliá Villaitana has two hotels Meliá Villaitana 4* y The Level at Meliá Villaitana 5*. Melia Villaitana has been designed in the form of a Mediterranean village, lying between 2 golf courses designed by Nicklaus Design and boasting some wonderful views of the Gran Bahía of the Costa Blanca. Its 25 individual buildings and its unique architectural style replicate picturesque squares and historic corners of the region, making the hotel an innovative experience for both leisure and business, and positioning it as a new concept of exclusivity, comfort and service on the Costa Blanca.Accommodation: The hotel has 455 spacious double rooms, including 99 rooms of The Level (5 star) category.Services: The hotel has 2 golf courses, 5,000 m2 of outdoor pools, as well as a wide range of cuisine, 2 tennis and 6 paddle courts, an outdoor childrens play area, a kids club, artificial beach and a complete Spa & Wellness Center with 13 treatment rooms, thermal pools, gym and relaxation room. A Convention Centre with 6,000 m2 of flexible space, divided into 17 meeting rooms to meet every requirement in relation to conferences and large events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Melia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Melia Villaitana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.