“disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 194 Hotels in Benidorm
UK
“disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Arrived 23rd July its so hot we asked Sutton Coldfield Co op travel for hotels in Levante Beach area on the assistants recommendation we accepted Hotel Brasil as she said its Central Its NOT its the old town Poniente end. Opposite the Cop shop .Very Spanish not what we wanted with 2 grandchildren who never walk and suffer with the heat. Its a long walk into the popular area of levante beach. The pool is very small not many sun beds we ate breakfast the 1st morning in the hotel the yogurt from a machine had curdled no sausage not much choice in cereal. No normal tea bags no hair dryer in the room. Extremely hard beds. We have stayed in the old town before so we knew never again. Very unhappy with this 2 star rubbish hotel.

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I booked this hotel in January via onthebeach website. Days before the holiday I was told the hotel had been overbooked. Then one day before my holiday onthebeach rang to say this hotel was not overbooked afterall. So off I went, regretfully.
On the last day my flight was late evening, so I put my padlocked case in the official luggage room that was locked and had CCTV. I arrived to collect it later and it was gone.
After informing the reception and demanding the police be called, the receptionist suddenly remembered that one of the staff had put my case in the laundry room, as it was found on one of the hotel floors. Then a young man appeared with my suitcase half empty. I asked for the manager and was told "Carlos Parraga was out of Benidorm". I asked for the police and was ignored and I asked to see the supposed CCTV but was told that I had to ring a phone number and only the boss had the number and he was not available. I was forced to leave the hotel with half my clothes and toiletries and hair straighteners missing. They took the best stuff!!! Took me ages to save for and this was a much needed holiday following the death of my father. Take my advice. AVOID THIS HOTEL LIKE THE PLAGUE.....unless you can afford to throw money away.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Ok, this holiday was reasonably priced, but the aircon in our room was so noisy, not just regular aircon noise, it was broken inside somewhere and screeched at us. We complained immediately, we felt like they didnt take us seriously, so we recorded the noise on our phone! They refused to change our room (until the last night!) the maintainance man came to fix it a few times, it would be ok for a few hours, then screech again! It totally ruined our holiday, it was too hot without it, and too noisy to leave on. We complained EVERY DAY!! To be honest, the staff were pleasant enough but just didnt care. Room number was 605. We needed a late checkout and they had the cheek to charge us 30 euros!! Despite all the problems we had.
Other than that, the hotel is well placed, near enough to the beach and shops. The pool got the sun from midday. Spotless clean. No hairdryer in the room. No kettle in the room. Food was adequate, got boring by the end of the week,but it was hot and there was always something you could eat and we saved a lot by going half board. Lots of Spanish guests at this hotel, we said hola to them and they were lovely with us. Others complain the Spanish are rude, but Ive always found that if you make the effort, they do. It was the English that were rude on our holiday, a stag party arrived mid week from London, they had us awake from 4.30am banging doors, shouting and bringing girls back chatting to them on the stairs etc.
We went on the boat trip to Benidorm Island, it was 14 euros, the underwater view was great, lots of fish, my daughter (22) and I really enjoyed it. The Island isnt great, it was a scorching day, and the cafe is expensive, but the fish made it worthwhile.
There is entertainment in the hotel in the evening, its aimed at the Spanish visitors, but we really enjoyed it and tried to join in.
My review states that it was terrible service, this just relates to how we felt the noisy aircon problem was dealt with. The other staff- bar staff, cleaners and canteen staff were great.
I have also said terrible sleep quality, this relates to the aircon problem and nothing else.

Room Tip: Avoid 605! Top rooms have huge balconies
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and a friend stayed here the beginning of September 2012. For a girls weekend away. We wanted flight, transfer, hotel at half board for long weekend at a very cheap price, and this is what we got.
Our transfer dropped us off, no joke, a good 15 minute walk away from where the hotel was, with no direction, so you can imagine after travelling all day, now in hot weather, having no idea where you need to go, with all your luggage, i was not impressed at all.
After asking a policeman we finally found our place of stay, which is across a road from the police station.
We went in and reception area is very clean and modern, staff we very friendly and we explained what happened and they were very sorry and gave us a free cocktail that evening. :)
we went to our room, the cleaner was still cleaning but let us sit on the balcony, WHICH WAS MASSIVE!! at least 6 meters long, we had table and chairs and a clothes airier outside.
we had the highest floor, facing police station, and many reviews said it was noisy, but we never heard a thing, not once! and views were of building and mountains, so not too bad.
on first impression, i did not like the room, it was like a hostel, beds were one each end of the room and the door in the middle of them, very strange lay out, this could of just been our room, im not sure, but you learn to love it. lots of space to put your things.
bathroom was modern, clean and tidy, lots of space with powerful hot shower.
our room was next to a cleaning room, at times was noisy with boiler or washing machine, we told cleaners and they stopped it between 2-4 and at night for us to sleep, so when it come to complaining, they were always understanding and helpful, and that goes along way!
rooms always cleaned with fresh bedding and towels. good sleep as no noise.
breakfast and evening meal, was buffet style, lots of seating, good quality of food, hot and cold dishes, something for everyone and hot meals were hot :) staff were friendly, but we were the only English guests, so got stared at alot lol.
pool area was clean, tidy, lots of chairs n tables with shade, and a few sunbeds, great warm clean pool. bar staff were friendly and helpful :)
location is okay, 5 minutes to beach, 15 minutes to shops and 45 minutes to nightlife, 8 euros taxi.
would stay again, as value for money. did enjoy my holiday.

Room Tip: high floor only go half board
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The Hotel Brasil is a great little find!
Firstly the bed/room was comfy and warm with heating on at night time. We had a good selection of breakfast and evening meals. The bottled water and flowing red vino was a great extra and the staff made us feel welcome every time!
The balcony looking onto the pool was great and I asked for this on the booking as some rooms don't have the pool view. As the hotel is tucked away in a little street it had a feeling of a city/beach break and the beach was only 5mins at the bottom of the street. The old town suited us better as was more traditional with lots of Spanish people and families . We will return to the hotel for a further 5 day break. The weather was lovely being 20c most days and perfect for walks and beach sunbathing. Sitting on the beach decking was great as this is what most locals do to soak up the rays. The supermarket minutes away from the hotel sells vino for 1.20 euro for a bottle of red which was enjoyed at night sitting by the balcony. I would recommend the "americano" coffee at 1.30 euro in the hotel as lush! My advice is book!

Room Tip: Bar on the old town beachfront - with Julie from England serving cheap cool drinks - 1 euro for a p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The + points for this hotel are:
The staff are 1st class, professional, friendly a credit to the hotel. Easy check in and knowledgeable receptionist's , rooms spotless. Bar tenders & restaurant staff efficient. Decent position, free water and red wine at meals.
Booked cheaply through clever-hotels.

The - points are
There was no daily menu displayed outside the restaurant stating what was for lunch or evening meal. I pointed this out the receptionist they said he would inform the manager but issue was not addressed whilst I was there.
The food was poor quality and lacked choice. I sympathize with the chefs as money is tight and they do there best on what is most probably a limited budget. For the money I paid for full board any meal was a bonus. I ate out a couple of times was only there 3 nights.
I visited at the beginning of March and the hotel's guests were mainly Spanish pensioner's who I found to be extremely rude and ignorant ( not the hotels fault ) . Pushing in, taking my toast I was making whilst I was there, constantly banging into you. Best advice let them get on with it don't respond luckily I am laid back and have seen this behaviour at other hotels.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for being value for money, decent location, and superb staff. If the food choice and quality improved It would be exceptional. Being one of the cheapest hotels to book something had to give which was the food.

This hotel deserves to be successful for the improvements to the decor and fittings, and hard working staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Clydebank, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

we stayed in this hotel, it was great, no complaints at all, we stayed half board the food was good, i am quite fussy in what i eat but it was good, also with your evening meal they gave you a fresh bottle of water and wine on tap, the room was very clean and they also supplied you with shower gel and shampoo in a dispenser on the wall next to the shower, and constant hot water, the room was cleaned every day clean sheets and towels every couple of days, and they had entertainment every night, we went into the new town most nights, there is a bit of a hill upto the hotel from the beach, its not steep though, and there is a lot of spanish people who also stay in this hotel i found them very pleasant the same as everyone else, and the staff were so helpfull when asked about other places to go in benidorm, you dont get the sun around the pool but the beach is only 5-10 minutes away depending on how quick you walk, we like staying in the old town as it can be very noisy at night in the new town as a lot of the entertainment goes on till 5-6 in the morning, were we staid it was a nice walk into the new town, would like to thank the staff and the other holidaymakers that were there when we were we had a fab time, and also had a great time at the Benidorm palace, I love my holidays so looking forward to my next one........

Room Tip: top floor good views of the beach.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Brasil? Share your experiences!