“We've stayed twice now!” 4 of 5 stars

Palm Court Apartments
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Mallorca 16, 03500 Benidorm, Spain   |
Ranked #35 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Surrey
“We've stayed twice now!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2010

We first went just as a couple in January 2009, and we enjoyed the resort and hotel so much we booked for April as well, taking a family friend and my youngest daughter with us

All the staff could speak English, and were always polite and helpful, we were self catering, and often enjoyed a meal in the downstairs bar/café.

My 8 year old daughter got herself in a little difficulty in the pool, even though our friend was watching her, she doesn't swim, and the waitress at the time had no hesitation in jumping straight into the pool fully clothed to help her out.

You wouldn't call the hotel 'Ritz' standard by any stretch of the imagination, but it was clean, functional and ideally placed for all the entertainment in town. If you go expecting to be able to cook a 5 course meal in your apartment, then you'll be disappointed, there is only a small hob to cook on, no oven...but who goes on holiday to cook? Not me!

You can hear people walking up and down the corridors, but I haven't been in a hotel yet that is soundproof!

We'd definitely stay there again :)

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sunderland, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2009

This has got to be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in!! As soon as we got into the reception area, we knew we were going to be in for a long long week! We were greeted by a surly receptionist who was obviously having a bad day, and the view of a clapped out flea bitten settee and a plastic (!!) water fountain with no water in!! Hello Basil!! When we got to the lift area we noticed how the layout resembled that of a prison. It was all open plan and rather UNSAFE to say the least, kids could have easily fallen over the balcony sides from one of the upper floors! The whole place had a look of HMP Pentonville.
The room itself, to be fair, was adequately stocked with cups, plates, cutlery etc, no issues there. However, there was a beat up filthy (and I mean Filthy!!) settee that looked like it should have gone on the back of the rag and bone man's cart years ago, all the boards were broken and totally unusable. The beds were falling to bits and rock hard. The apartment had no windows in the living area, only a window in the bedroom which gave it a small, poky, dank feel. We also had a 'closed in' balcony which basically let in no air and was covered at the top so it was a bit like sitting in a sauna most of the time. The worst of the worst about this hotel is that there is no AIR CON!!! We were stuck, in 35 degree heat, with a tiny fan that blew out hot air. Absolute disgrace bearing in mind it was the height of summer!!! We must have had 15 hours quality sleep in 7 days. I could say a lot more about this hotel but I wouldn't know when to stop. Basically the lack of air con ruined our entire holiday as it was too hot to sleep and at one point we ended up sleeping on the GROUND outside on the balcony!! Absolutely disgusting!! I will never ever return to this cesspit again! They should pay US to stay there rather than the other way round!!

• Stayed August 2009
staffordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

This is the worst hotel i have ever known. It Looked great in the brochure and the rep. said it was in a great location for the pubs and clubs which it is; but I have to say that i agree with the other reviews about the cockroaches (cucarachas), they were coming in from the false celing in the bathroom which had gaps all over it. We plugged up the hole with wet toilet paper to try and keep them out but they just came in under the 1 inch gap in the door.

We were on the ground floor; but some of the other guests on the 1st and 2nd floors also told us they were over-run with them. This place should be completely gutted; fumigated and completely re-fitted to make it even half decent or alternatively razed to the ground which would be my preference. The sofa bed was broken down and dilapidated and we had to boil all the plates; cups and eating utensils as the cockraches were in the kitchen draws as well. I wouldn't recommend going here unless you are an amateur entomologist.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
glasgow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

arrived 23/6 seven off us checked in 60euro deposit on 2 rooms one slept 4 other 3 ,aye rite.in my room no microwave no towels a pull out bed that was so dirty we coulnt sit on it with the slates on the bed missing or broken ."like the great escape when they take all the slates of the beds"anyway room very poor. the pool area okay but sun goes away early and pool tiles missing causing 4 people when iwas there to cut there feet.the staff at the snack bar area do very long hours and try very hard to help you but,the food on offer was poor 90% done in a microwave,if you like stodgy pies your in disgustin.the staff at the front hopless especially the wee guy with the wig that nobody knows is a wig ,laff i nearly started.didnt get towels even though on ther checklist my room was cleaned and given towel,according to the guy my fault said they could not get into the room,when my wife offered to leave the key for the room so they could get in was informed" its okay weve got a spare"?.the noise at nite is brutal bangin doors the wall a very thin toiled to sleeep even with earplugs in.finally and this is a cracker see the deposit i metioned earlier well on 4 separate occasions i saw people checking out who did not get there deposit back as according to wiggy they broke the fan that was in there room,naws to me i did not have one,lucky me.two off the people refused ended up going out buying a fan so they could get there deposits back ,if this happens all the time you should have 3or4 new fans in every room ,leaves a bad taste inyour mouth,ohh sorry thats the sausages. my final thoughts are avoid thismidden take a tent.PS watch out for the cockroaches place crawling with them,that big one had a saddle on its back and was chargin the kids 3 euros a ride,probably them thats breaking all the fans .

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2009

I have stayed in a variety of places from 5* hotels to youth hostels, and you do get what you pay for. The Palm court apartments are basic but they are good value for money. Do not expect luxury! It is only a couple of minutes walk to the nightlife of "The Square", but still quiet enough to be able to sleep! The staff are very helpful, my luggage was lost on the way out and they made the necessary phone calls for me in Spanish.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Belfast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

We have just arrived back from the Palm Court. My husband and I ALWAYS stay in budget accommodation, but never have we encountered a place like this in our lives!!!! It is stinking!!! Dirty sheets, dirty towels, dirty bed settee - just a stinking ho$e!!!! We thought to ourselves, how bad can it be......well thats exactly it - it was awful!!! To top it all of, they charge £40/€60 as a deposit - BELIEVE me....we as residents should charge them. Other places may be a bit more expensive, but I swear...it will be worth it!!!! Please read this and take heed...DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS WE DID!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed as a party of seven in June 2009 for two nights. One a full time wheelchair user and the staff couldnt have been more helpful and friendly. May not be up to the standards of the rich and famous but for the normal person it was GREAT , clean and friendly what more could you want.

Along with Alicante private transfer taxis the weekend was an enormous success and we will return

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Palm Court Apartments? Share your experiences!