Stayed at the Flamingo from 24-31 July. Read several mixed reviews before going but bit the bullet.
First off, what struck me was the number of miserable looking people. Mainly trapped mums and dads unable to leave the hotel due to the fact their kids were having a whale of a time there. Some very rough looking people there too - While it is a 4 star all inclusive hotel it didnt cost much more than a 3 star half board. I just got the feeling that some people barely left the hotel and made the most of the free food and booze.
There were some very nice people we met during our stay though, but generally they were other couples with the same sort of feelings as us regarding the 'family' zone we were in.
Talking of 'free' booze, the spirit drinks were terrible, best off sticking to San Miguel and bottles of wine. The version of Baileys they were servng was nice though.
The main pool looked like hell on earth, no space to walk between sunbeds and the pool was packed full of loud kids.
The saviour for me was the roof terrace pool and inclusive bar on the 25th floor, hardly anyone up there, loads of spare sunbeds and the pool, although small was never busy.
The staff, Id say 85 per cent of them were surly and generally unhelpful, there was one partcular woman in the restaurant who seemed to love ordering people where to sit. - Horror of horrors we did sit at the wrong table one night and she barked at us ! LOL!
The staff that were very helpful were Kellie on reception, the guy who serves the (non inclusive) drinks on the roof terrace bar after 11pm, Antonio the head waiter, Miguel a young lad who was on daytime skyline bar duty twice while we were there and SOME of the other waiters/waitresses on duty.
Be warned, they barely check your card all week, but generally they seem to check a lot on Tuesdays and Saturdays (main day for arrivals and departures)
Would I go back? Unbeliveably yes - Worth it for the rooftop pool and bar, the beauty of the hotel itself and it was really good value for money. I was constantly drinking pineapple juice, coke or beer through the day while sunbathing and it was nie to keep getting it without money hassles.
The food was excellent! Even though the restaurant didnt have that much of an atmosphere. we only made breakfast once, but that was fantastic! Full English or continental. Lunch , I usually ended up having paella and Dinner there was just loads to choose from.
If you missed the main dinner and went down from 10pm -12am you could eat from a smaller selection of meals, the chilli con carne was awesome!
The entertainment, we didnt bother - didnt look or sound much cop to be honest - Actually I would have liked to have seen the flamenco dancing trouple but they werent on the week we were there. But for kids Im sure its lovely, it was even going on through the day too - Poor people who just wanted to quietly sunbathe had to suffer!!
We spent 4 nights out in Benidorm, British pub night - Tacky but fun (we also saw Sticky Vicky!) ... A night discoing on the Square til 5am, A night in the old town, lovely walk back along the seafront popping in bars there too and a night with the comedians at Wheel Tappers and Shunters bar , all those nights we totally enjoyed.
If you want a good drink after hours, the Tropical Bar across the street from the hotel will basically stay open til the last person leaves - 7am ish!
Rooms really nice - We were on the 19th floor facing the town and the moutains, loved the view everyday and night. There was a large crack on one of ourwalls which was a bit scary and the air con can be a bit strong (come home with a wicked cough, but that may not be the AC 'fault, maybe the amount I drank and smoked was! LOL!
For those fed up with the smoking ban - yes you can smoke in certain parts of the indoor bars in the hotel and basically anywhere in any bar in Benidorm :) HA!
Enjoy your holiday!
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Flamingo Oasis Hotel Benidorm
- Benidorm Flamingo Hotel Oasis
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, beach and sea are waiting for you in Benidorm. Fun and comfort.... at the Flamingo Oasis Hotel. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is located in the Mediterranean's leading tourist resort: Benidorm, which has all the services needed to meet the needs of the millions of tourists who visit the city all year round. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is in the new part of the city. It is a four-star all-inclusive hotel with 398 comfortable rooms and many facilities to make your holidays as fun and entertaining as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Flamingo Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.