This was my second visit to the hotel, my first being some seven years ago. As mentioned in a former review, the hotel is now mainly occupied by Thomson / First Choice guests, thus giving the company an overall monopoly. To this end there are several disadvantages, all of which are too apparent. For our week long stay, we were allocated room 301 situated on the third floor overlooking the pool area. The room itself was delightfully decorated with ultra modern furnishings, following a recent refurbishment. All public area's were cleaned to an exceptionally high standard, and most tastefully decorated throughout.
The dining area left a lot to be desired, with a two tier system in operation....
a) With the Club Class being sectioned off with 2.0m high rigid panels, (reminiscent of . pig pen) !.
b) The main seating area for other guests ... (The inferior clients)...
My personal opinion is that such an obvious discriminatory system is most distasteful, and certainly not consistent with standards expected of a four star hotel !...
The food whilst plentiful and of a reasonable presentation, was frequently repeated on a daily basis and with a limited variation !.
The entertainment programme was rather good, with a varied two venue nightly system in operation.
The negatives of my holiday were; ...
a) Flight : Very strict baggage system in operation... Poor seating configuration, with minimal
leg room. ... No decaffeinated drinks on board ... Totally disorganised boarding
system in operation.
b) Hotel : Chaotic Check in arrangements, it took us two hours to check in !!... No luggage
porters whatsoever..You take it, You carry it !!.....
Should I travel package class again, It definitely wont be a Thompson one !.
I am unsure as to whether or not I would return to the Flamingo Oasis again,
due to the significant deterioration in Administration and Dining facilities.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Flamingo Oasis Hotel Benidorm
- Benidorm Flamingo Hotel Oasis
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis Benidorm
- Hotel Flamingo Oasis
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun, beach and sea are waiting for you in Benidorm. Fun and comfort.... at the Flamingo Oasis Hotel. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is located in the Mediterranean's leading tourist resort: Benidorm, which has all the services needed to meet the needs of the millions of tourists who visit the city all year round. The Flamingo Oasis Hotel is in the new part of the city. It is a four-star all-inclusive hotel with 398 comfortable rooms and many facilities to make your holidays as fun and entertaining as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Olotels, Otel, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Flamingo Oasis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.