“review removed” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de Europa 22, 03500 Benidorm, Spain   |
Ranked #108 of 192 hotels in Benidorm
“review removed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

stayed here in aug/sep for 5 nights, 6 people had their rooms broke into, reception left unmanned. beds uncomfortable , my previous damming review had been removed, pool small no bar not best location.

• Stayed August 2013

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Suited the purpose for short break. Easy check in. Hired safe and locked door when in room. Clear signs in lift informing you that doors remain open if not locked by you. Double locks so no problem. Apartment was clean sheets and towels provided. We knew we wouldnt see cleaner as they are cleaned only every three days. Kitchen clean and crockery provided. We didnt use it. Bathroom clean but needs new shower head although I think its the low water pressure which isnt their fault. Two campbeds in bedroom and sofabed in livingroom. We only used room for sleeping and in a good place to access oldtown which is what we like. This is up a hill from town and not much else there. No bar or shop associated with it but if you are looking for inexpensive clean accomodation would suit. It is not a complex with lounging area in reception, shop or bar. There is a pool with loungers and as the buildings in Benidorm are all high rise there are shaded areas around it. Vending machine and coffee machine in reception with selection of sandwiches, crisps and sweets.

Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Was a bit worried reading last months reviews but was pleasantly surprised... "No way on earth would opportunists get through a 9 lock door unless it was left ajar".
We arrived to find a clean apartment block with friendly reception staff, accommodation was basic but very clean and spacious, including pool area.
I have no hesitation in recommending or returning to the Don Salva :)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

I got back from Benidorm yesterday after spending 4 days over there with 11 friends for my hen weekend. I was worried before we went after reading the below reviews. However I am pleased to inform you that they are nothing to worry about! The hotel is clean, friendly and overall very good value for money. They have overnight security and the apartment doors have 9 security locks. No one is going to get through them providing you lock them, to which I can only imagine the people who got robbed didn't! If you are looking for a clean budget hotel for a group holiday I would highly recommend it! I had a amazing hen, made all the better by a decent hotel!

Telford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I went to the Don Salva with a group of friends expecting the worst. I'd read all the reviews of the thefts and was dreading it. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spacious and clean with a decent sized balcony. I was worried about security but needn't have worried - nobody is getting into your room if you have locked your door. My partner is a chippy and he said he wouldn't like to break into those doors if you had lost your key! It is a bit of a walk to the hotel but it's good to walk off some of the extra calories! Overall very pleasantly surprised!

Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was the second time that we have stayed at the Don Salva in two years, so we knew what to expect, and being that it basically worked out about £20.00 Pp per night did not expect top class for that price.

(Check-in) We got to the Don Salva about 21.30hrs on the Sunday night and the reception was closed. We used our initiative and pressed the porters door bell, to which he come and checked us in without any issues. There was a couple just standing there the next night, so I guess the place needs a sign saying contact porter when reception is closed. We had no issues when we had the need to talk to the reception staff during our stay, and received an iron straight away, when we requested one borrow one.

(Room) Clean on arrival, but it was not cleaned during our stay. (A mop and brush was provided) We were given clean towels and toilet rolls on the Tuesday after our Sunday arrival. One room with two camp beds and a pull out sofa was provided in our room, and I've got to say the camp beds are terrible to sleep on. Cups and plates were in the kitchen part, along with a fridge, a small cooker, the size of a micro-wave, a stove that took about two days to boil the kettle. Bathroom was ok, but could of done with a better shower head. There was a television, but it was all Spanish. A good size balcony. Free air con is in the rooms.

(Swimming Pool) Seemed clean enough, but we only went near it to talk to someone.

(Security) I noted the other posts before we went, but we had no issues from our point of view. We hired the safety deposit box in our room. The room door was multi locking, and if you locked it with the key once inside, then no one was going to get in without kicking it down. There were signs in reception and in the lift, that told you to lock your door with the key, when in your room.

Would I stay at the Don Salva again? YES I would consider it, but the uncomfy beds do put me off a bit though.

P.s Steep Hill??? Slow up hill incline.

(Our Stay 22nd - 27th Sept 2013.)

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have just returned from my second stay in the Don Salva. First time was 2 years ago (which was absolutely fine) but i must admit i was a bit apprehensive about returning again after reading some of the recent reviews. We were a group of 7 women in our 30's on a girlie 4 day break in the sunshine. We had two 1 bedroomed appartments on the 6th floor.
About the Don Salva..... This is a basic but perfectly adequate block (20 floors) of self catering appartments situated at the top of Avenida Europa which is a main road through the centre of Benidorm approx half way between old and new town and about 10 minutes walk to the main strip, so for us it was perfect as we spent equal amounts of time in both. The rooms were clean and reasonably modern. The self catering facilities were sparse but to be fair we had no intention of cooking a 3 course meal in our room when food is so cheap nearby!! (cheap and cheerful bar a few streets down is brilliant with free wifi). I would say the Don Salva is more suited to people who just want a base and that is exactly what we wanted. The receptionists were pleasant to us and we saw 4 different members of staff at different times during the day. Towels are not changed daily so the comments about this were correct.... BUT..... all you had to do was ask at reception for clean ones!! we asked on our way out and came back to a pile of clean towels and some toilet rolls! As for security...... the main appartment doors are metal with 9 bolts up the side of them.... i find it hard to see how anybody would break into that but the doors did stay open unless you locked them from the inside. They also had a double lock where you turned the key once to lock and again to double lock it. We hired the safety deposit box for 20 euros and got 10 back on departure so valuables were locked away safely! oh and the appartments are air conditioned... something you dont often find in basic rooms.
I do often wonder what people actually want or expect for £10 a night? If you want a bar, entertainment, a child friendly place that is quiet (A) don't bring your kids to Benni and (B) check yourself into a 4 star hotel! if you're a group of friends or a couple wanting a basic room then this is just up your street! Oh and talking about the uphill street.... the hill everybody seems to grumble about.... I'm about as unfit as it gets and i found it fine... The comments make it sound like you're climbing Everest... it's a slight uphill incline which i felt was advantageous in helping burn off the Benni bulge!
so I say this again.... if you want or expect luxury and peace and quiet forget Benni and start perusing the Thomson's website and expect to pay about 5 times more! Benidorm attracts groups and stag and Hen do's so expect a bit of noise! (although i did take a pair of ear plugs just in case :)))))!! )

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Don Salva Apartments? Share your experiences!