“Everything excellent except entertainment!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avda de Nicaragua 44, 03502 Benidorm, Spain   |
Ranked #25 of 194 Hotels in Benidorm
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Haverfordwest, Wales, United Kingdom
“Everything excellent except entertainment!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks all inclusive at Terralta. The hotel was spotlessly clean with really friendly staff - cleaners, reception, shop, bar and restaurant staff. The pool was fantastic. Quick ten minutes down the hill to the beach and shops. We managed to walk up the hill (it's not as bad as people make out!) but taxis are cheap enough if you don't fancy the walk. The cards for All-inclusive were a bit of a pain and I would've preferred wrist bands instead because if you leave the card near your phone, it wipes itself and you have to go to reception to have the card redone. I can't understand why some people are moaning about the All-inclusive food. It was exactly the same as all hotels I've been to - which is fine! It's all labelled clearly and even in between mealtimes they open for snacks ( hotdogs, burgers, nuggets, chips etc). Suppertime snack is available til 11.30pm so you can fill up just before bedtime! It was great. We went on a trip to Algar waterfalls. It was beautiful and swimming was refreshingly cold!! Terra Mitica theme park was brill. 37 euros per adult to get in but we bought tickets before leaving home from Attractiontix. We had 3 days for the price of 2. So we had all 3 days for just £132. Fantastic savings. Also we used our Tesco Clubcard vouchers to buy Terra Natura Zoo tickets before we went.
Now on to the entertainment. Well, it was diabolical! The 3 "entertainers" Ruben, Tyler and Saray were so disorganised that it was embarrassing and cringeworthy to watch. They were lovely guys and really friendly, they just didn't have a clue what they were doing! They dressed as famous singers and mimed along badly and they called it their "Cabaret show". AND they did it again the next week so some of us had to sit through it twice! One night we ventured out to Levi's Showboat and it was brilliant. Excellent 3 course meal for 12 Euros followed by free cabaret shows - singer, drag act, songs from the musicals show, comedian and then Karaoke until the very early hours. It was hilarious and a night to remember!
We had a fantastic fortnight and we would definitely return to the Terralta but I would have to make enquiries about the entertainment first!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Skipton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Fantastic hotel, couldn't fault a thing. Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a week in July, and loved every minute of it! All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and there was a good choice to pick from, great choice of drink as well. Would defiantly recommend to anyone going to go all inclusive, it is defiantly worth it. The room was spacious and clean, with good air conditioning. The beds were very comfortable, had a great night sleep every night I was there. The hotel contains 2 pools, both which were lovely and clean, one with a pool bar. The hotel also contained a minimart, which was always sufficiently stocked with every thing you might need, and at very reasonable prices. The hotel itself is in a great location, just tucked up away from the main touristy spots, so is peaceful and quiet. But at the same time it is only a 10 minute walk from the beach front, and only another short walk to the city centre. Failing that, taxi prices from the hotel to the centre of the town were only about 5 euros. All in all this is a fantastic place to stay, I would defiantly recommend it to anyone. And would defiantly come back here again, if I was going to Benidorm.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I was willing the good reviews to be right but unfortunately I agree with the poor reviews, if your with kids it's too far from the beach to walk as it's situated up a big hill, also the food was repetitive and poorest three star quality I have experienced, the rooms were ok at first glance but quite dirty floors and only cleaned once in a week, there are Cockerell that are noisy early every day nearby, nearest shop apart from onsight small one is about 15 minute walk a way, the town is more Spanish than new benidorm where we had a better stay previously, won't come back here again. Extra charges for wifi cots onsight computers slow and swallow euros quickly before you have even done anything.

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The hotel was great however the food was of an appalling standard and all of the meat was raw. you could tell they used yesterday's leftover food for the next day and one of our party even got food poisoning. We had to spend money out in restaurants that we did not anticipate to spend due to the poor quality of food provided. Not only was the food poor but the selection was very limited and you could find yourself just having chips for many meals of the day. However the location of the hotel was great and 10 mins from the beach. Other problems included the fact you had to pay for the television, no cleaning products were provided for the dishes in the apartment itself and the wifi was expensive at €20 per person and per device. The pool was however great but the entertainment was poor.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

stayed all inclusave with my 2 kids. I loved this place everythin was good espesh the free food which I eat all daylong and drinks ok but cheap ones down town. the pool was luvely I layed on the sunbed nearly all day getting a sun tan when the kids where playing cause I felt they was safe wen the staff always look out which everyone sayed. the room was the lush bit always clean and the maids did a good job eventho they culdnt speak English when they ask me somethin i culdnt anser.the air con was cool in the hot wether. the place was on a hill but I culdnt afford a taxi so just walked with kids everydays. we did manage it and the newtown was good with the cheap booze. a pint of lager for 1 euro and kids drink 70 cent in the trafic lights bar I went every night so go here.the red lions funny to go to and talk to people an sticky Vicky was brill so recomend that.

Room Tip: get a pool room for good view in the day and night.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I'm currently in day 2 of my week in my all inclusive stay. First and last time I'll come here. It's such a shame, such a cool apartment /hotel with an amazing pool that must be great for self catering. However for all inclusive, prepare to be mugged. Cold food, poor night time entertainment and the worst thing for me was the ice cream selection during the day , the only thing my child was allowed was a basic ice pole, the cheapest of the cheap.

Plus points, friendly staff and great pool.

Negative points, food, drinks entertainment.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Brilliant holiday, first time in Benidom and this hotel was fab . The pool was unreal and if u didn't want to go right into the pool u could sit in the pool around it and read a book. With the slide in the pool for kids my daughter had a ball. My son has a bad leg and was worried about him getting in and out off pool, but with this pool it was great and u can walk in and out and gets deeper as u go!! If u have problems with walking up hills u can get a taxi up and there is a bus every hr till midday then every 2 hrs after that only down bit was that the last bus was at 8.30pm and the taxis put there price up after 5 pm. The walk up isn't that bad we did it a few times and my son and father got a taxi. Shame the hotel wouldn't get a bus and charge a € r 2 as the bus is only €1.50 where ever u go.. If ur going here u will love it , we didn't wanta come home there was no fuss even around the pool.u can get blue mats for ur sunbed €1 aday r €5 for the week which were nice when laying in the sun. The rooms where big and always clean the staff were brilliant. If u had a problem with anything nothing was to much for them. We are looking for next year to go back here as we had a ball....

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Terralta Apartamentos Turisticos? Share your experiences!