“Good for Hens” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Acuarium II Apartments

Save Saved
You added Acuarium II Apartments to your Saves list
Acuarium II Apartments
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Avda. Juan Fuster Zaragoza 3 | s/n - Rincon de Loix, 03503 Benidorm, Spain   |
Ranked #57 of 109 Specialty lodging in Benidorm
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good for Hens”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Just got back from this hotel for my Hen do. When we arrived we were a little nervous about having to pick the keys up from somewhere else but there were no problems at all. You pick the Keys up from the Eva (i think thats what it is called) . They staff were very helpful and explained we would have to leave keys on the bed when leaving as we were leaving early. We paid 150euro deposit which i paid on my credit card to be safe (not checked to see if i have got it back yet tho!)

We were on the 18th floor but it was fine. Scary when you first arrive as there is a door on the lift and we thought we were locked in the lift.! duh!

Once in the room was small but we didn't spend too much time in it. It was very quiet at night and we slept well 4 in a room. 2 twin beds, and a pull out sofa bed.

Pool was brill although you do have to paid 1euro to hire the sunbeds.

Mucks bar below is brilliant for breakfast and lunch. Lovely people run it and are helpful. Went every morning and evening for a drink :-)

Only problem no air con so it does get hot?!

Overall good value for money but definitely for lads and girls holidays than family holidays .

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quiet as you can't hear the street noise.I think all rooms face the pool.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

139 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
londonderrry northen ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

good points about these apartments would be the location, 5 minute walk to nightlife, 10 minute walk to the beach, the view from our room was amazing (we were in 17h), the pool was a really good size, even if you had to pay for the sunloungers, and the mad monk bar/cafe next door, food here was gorgeous.

bad points! from the outside the apartments look like the oldest in benidorm, very shabby. when we arrived at 2pm we were told we had to wait untill 4:30pm to collect our keys from an office on the beach front! paid 50euro deposit and got 1 set of keys between 3 people for 2 weeks!! the apartment itself was basic which was fine but the walls in the bedroom wer filthy. these apartments dont have air con, that along with thin mattresses and 1 flat pillow per person make for a very bad night sleep, one of our party actually moved thier bed out to the balcony to try and get a better sleep. housekeeping only comes once a week, although the dont touch the balcony area? when we were leaving these apartments our pick up for our flight was collecting us at 8:30am, we needed to collect our deposit but the offices we paid our deposit into didnt open untill 9:30am so we were advised to collect our deposit from a hotel called buenavista which was a ten minute walk from ours. one of our party had gone there the night before only to be told to come back in the morning as there was no money there, so the following morning two of us arrived back at buena vista to be told that we wouldnt be getting our deposit back as we had paid it into the office at the beach, eventhough we told them that we had been told to come here, these people must be used to having push overs as guests as once they realised we wern't leaving without a fight, 50 euro suddenly appeared on the counter! avoid this place

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
CAROLODGE, Gerente at Acuarium II Apartments, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Hello
This review is for Acuarium III, not Acuarium II
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We arrived at the apartments in the middle of the night to be told we had to walk half a mile to pick up our keys which we couldn't believe, then had to leave 150 euro deposit for our room, we had booked two rooms. When we finally let ourselves into our room and although clean it was tiny and we lacked a bed and had to sleep on the minute sofa and pull out piece of sponge! We had booked two twin rooms however both rooms were like this we went to discuss with the staff who were most unhelpful and so rude! It was the worst start to our holidays and after two nights of our week holiday as we were refused an upgrade our group decided we could take it no more and checked out and booked into somewhere else! My advice to anyone thinking of booking these apartments is DON'T!!

Room Tip: Steer clear of all rooms!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

My self and 3 pals have just returned from benidorm. You just can't imagine what this place is like. Call me naive but I didn't know places like this existed, I have been on many 18-30 holidays in the past and I thought they were basic but this is just a joke, we all actually thought it was a joke. You couldn't pay me or my friends to stay in this place. We booked somewhere else which cost us 200 euros each but this place took a 300 euro deposit, 300 euro I still can't believe it. This was after we had to walk half a mile for our keys, in the middle of the night, carrying our cases. I really feel for anyone who has stayed there for a long period. I'm laying here at home now writing this and I really do feel for the people who are in this so called hotel tonight. We booked Beni- beach and it wasn't great but it was like the Rits compared to aquarium 11. I can't wait to get started on a complaint to Thomas cook tomorrow. The one thing we asked our agent for was a comfortable bed each and what did we get? A bench with a so called foam mattress and a pull out bed on the floor. We were robbed by Thomas cook... I wouldn't of expected somewhere like this if I had booked a Holliday in Iraq. Anyone staying here good look. I can't understand anyone who has said its a nice place. All I can say is I wouldn't like to visit their houses.....

• Stayed July 2012
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Stayed here on a hen wkend in June....excellent location...apartments basic but clean...Mad monk good craic.....Staff very helpful...Thanks to Caroline for posting my Shoes back to Ireland to me!!

Room Tip: 13H.....lovely sunny balcony in the afternoon
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Maybe I will awake to find indeed I was just having a bad dream and never did stay at Alcatraz...I mean Acuarium II. Just awful! From the moment we arrived and had to collect keys from another place that was quite a long distance away and took some finding to the day we left with ill mannered guests urinating near the entrance. I have never had as bad a holiday in my life. The room was not clean and I almost in the first minute got a chunk of glass in my foot on the apartment floor. The bed was absolutely awful and you had to sleep with only a sheet over a bed settee, half of which was no better than a camp bed with no barrier between you and whoever had sweat gallons before us (As no aircon) we were adjoined by two groups of youngsters with no respect for other people trying to enjoy there holiday who boomed out music until 4 am and only stopped at that time because I finally with nearly a week of sleep deprevation had to tell them to stop and I got assistance from the night porter/guard who spoke to them. (I have to say he was very helpful) I never saw anything sight-seeing wise as we spent all our daytime trying to make up for no sleep at night. As I write this review I still have a headache due to hardly any sleep. Ok one could say this is not the fault of the apartments but if you have a night guard and a rule of no excessive noise after 12 midnight then why was it allowed to continue? Others up to 2 floors below us had also heard them. We complained twice to reception but are not sure if any action was taken.
We asked for a low level room and none smoking. We got a room that stank of smoke and were put on floor 21 out of 22! So my wife felt sick all week from vertigo as well as sleep deprevation. The pool area we never used. It didnt look so clean and there were only 6 brollies for huge apartment block. I have never been so relieved in my life to head back home and will recal this holiday (not) with horror for years to come. It will certainly mean we will never return to Benidorm as the bad memories will put is of ever going again.
PLEASE dont save all year for a holiday and go here. I would hate anyone to suffer as we did this last week. I thank god I didnt book two weeks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Derbys
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just back from another fantastic trip to Benidorm - saw no muggings, no fighting and no other problems.Yes, there are beggars with dogs on Calle Gerona but all were suitably advised to gain employment ;-)
Anyhow, Acuarium 11 - reception was good.All spoke English and we paid £100 cash deposit, for which we received 2 sets of keys.
We booked a studio 14E, which was more basic than some prison cells I've seen (though NOT stopped in)
The room had a settee, which pulled out into 2 single beds, a table, 2 chairs and a kitchenette - that was it.No TV, no space, no aircon and uncomfortable matress'
The bathroom was tiny but sufficient for 3 nights
Balcony was small but OK for 2 people.
The pool looked OK but being on a stag do, we didnt use it
Our room overlooked the pool area and if you like a snooze in the evening before the nightshift, take earplugs cos the night entertainment at the Hotel next door starts early doors and is extremely loud, plus there is building work ongoing all over the back of the apartments at various hotels.So with lack of aircon and the room being sooo small, the balcony window has to be left open = oh and by the way, someone could easily balcony hop between rooms, as there is a ledge between them (you'd have to particularly stupid to try 14 floors up, I know but if there was a druggie stopping next door....??)
Not sure how other reviewers got burgled, as the room door was double locking and it would need a bulldozer to bust it open - can only surmise they just pulled it to.
A lot of local workers actually live full time in this building and the lifts are very busy, so expect to use some patience when wanting one.
I personally wouldnt use the Acuarium 11 again, knowing that there are better places nearby for only a few pounds more.

Room Tip: Dont book a studio under any circumstances
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Acuarium II Apartments? Share your experiences!