“Very happy with this hotel. Good value. Superb staff.” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Emilio Ortuno, 20, 03501 Benidorm, Spain   |
Ranked #16 of 194 Hotels in Benidorm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chester UK
“Very happy with this hotel. Good value. Superb staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed 7 nights this February 2014. The staff were superb at all levels. The place was very clean, in fact I could not find fault. The restaurant was excellent and the food buffet was plentiful with ever changing hot dishes freshly cooked. The room was dated but did not detract from the comfort and facilities, and is due for a refurb to match the sister hotel across the road. The room was spotless and the maid service excellent. Great powerful shower. The hotel is ideally situated close to the Old Town. Cheap and expensive restaurants are close by as with typical British bars with Amstel lager at 1.50 euro. The hotel bar was reasonable in price but I thought their coffee was not good quality. Hotel covered parking is 10 euro a day as it is very difficult to park in the street at 2 euro an hour.
The Spaniards were in the majority down from Madrid in their smart stylish clothes. I was sceptical about our first visit to Benidorm but pleasantly surprised. We did not witness drunken yobs you may see in the main season. A great place to take a break.
If you are hiring a car please do not consider GoldCar Rentals my experience was horrendous with queues at the airport of just under two hours. Old people with sticks were ignored and had to stand. Expect to get hit with extra insurance, a horrible experience.
Unlike the management at the Victoria who have the job sorted, GoldCar would learn a lot from them. Well done to all at the Victoria, we will see you again in November. John and Carole.

Room Tip: ask for higher floors.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at RH Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
A very good afternoon johnhuson,

What a great start to the week to read such positive feedback of our Hotel RH Victoria after your recent holiday in Benidorm.

I was thrilled to hear that all aspects of the hotel were to your liking , from the “superb” staff and the “spotless” room to the “excellent” restaurant with its “hot & fresh” dishes.

As you can appreciate we can’t comment on your car hire experience as this was not a service we provided however I was sorry to hear your experience with them wasn’t a good one.

We look forward to welcoming you back in November. Thank you once again,

Hotel RH Victoria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have just returned from a 3 week stay and we had a truly wonderful holiday. Having stayed at the Victoria a few years back before it was RH Hotel Victoria, we knew it was a lovely hotel but the food was not the best at that time to say the least, and we quite often ate out. This time however, all has changed, the food was excellent at every meal. We did not feel the need to escape and eat elsewhere at any time at all, indeed we looked forward to dinner every evening. I can't really add to the excellent review given recently with a detailed breakdown of food available, but I can confirm that the comments are spot on. A huge well done to the Chefs who seem to enjoy their job and were always happy to help.

As for the ladies tending tables, what a lovely happy bunch they are, especially Pacqui, my pocita amiga, never without a smile, also Isabel, Luz Maria, and I think Jeanne, lovely ladies every one. I know I have missed a few names and I'm sorry for that, but all were equally friendly and all work hard to ensure your dining experience is a good one. Thank you to each and every one.

The hotel public areas are immaculately kept with comfortable seating in the reception area. We found reception staff very friendly and helpful, always a smile and acknowledgment as you pass through, and often a little chat just to check that we were ok or did we need anything. Very reassuring and made us feel that our custom was appreciated.

We asked for a high floor and that we had. We were on floor 18 and our room had an amazing view. We could see as far as Calpe to our left and then a totally uninterrupted view right round to the opposite side and way down the coast towards Campello. So we could see sunrise and sunset and enjoyed full sun for most of the day on the balcony. We really could not have asked for more. The room was as before, very comfortable, larger than the average and with a lovely big bathroom, double sink and very comfortable bath plenty big enough to stretch out in. The fridge is a very useful bonus and the tea/coffee tray a very welcome extra and unusual in Benidorm hotels. Housekeeping was excellent, very discreet, and we never felt pressured to leave our room early. No rude awakenings here! It was also nice to be able to watch a bit of British TV occasionally. The only one thing I would have preferred would have been to have Ch4 and Ch5 as I missed the final of Celebrity Big Brother and also Deal or No Deal! Yes I know that is a really sad thing to admit, hands up to that one!

Because the rooms and corridors are carpeted, there is no clattering of high heels above you here and the insulation is excellent, so you rarely hear anyone in the adjoining rooms. We felt relaxed right from day one and that never changed throughout our stay, we are very much looking forward to returning at the same time next year, and hope we will see lots of familiar faces when we return.

Location is excellent, a short stroll to the old town and beach, a bit longer to reach the Levante end but plenty of buses nearby if you can't manage or don't want to walk.

Well done to all at RH Hotel Victoria, you really are getting it right, and thank you for making us feel so welcome and comfortable throughout our stay. Hasta prossimo anó! (I hope that is correct!) from 'Rosa and Jaime'

Room Tip: Higher floors for the best views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at RH Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
A very good afternoon Rosiemadcat,

I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your “wonderful stay” at our Hotel RH Victoria.

Rest assured I will pass your comments on to all the team here, they will be delighted with all the positive feedback. It’s great motivation and it makes me so very proud of them, as individuals and as a team.

Also very nice to read that the room was to your liking and that you appreciated the beautiful views of Benidorm and beyond.

With regards to the TV channels, I must mention that the package we have comes with the main BBC and ITV channels which we understand are more important, however I have noted your comment.

Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Hasta pronto!

Poolewe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed At RH Victoria for Christmas, had very little sleep for 4 nights, as had two young English men in the room next door. A Spanish couple, an Irish Couple and Us, all complained several times to reception about the drunken arrivel back in the early hours of the morning of the two young men in the room between us all, Nothing was done, nothing was written down and when we came to check out and we complained again, about another disturbed night, the reception staff were very off hand, and denied that any other complaints had been made. We know they had been, because the Irish couple had told us they had complained, my husband was standing at the side of a very irrate Spanish gentleman, who was also staying on our floor, when said gentleman was giving a very clear and concise complaint in Spanish, about the persistant late night early morning noise, how do we know, because while we waited for the lift to come, he was jumping up and down and hammering on the lads door and they were so dead to the world, they never stirred!!! so he could not be misunderstood. We checked out just under 2 hours later and the same receptionist denied all knowledge of any complaints being made. This was not a happy stay, we were not happy with the attitude of some of the staff, we found to be very off hand in their way of speaking to us. Not at all like the staff at the Corona del Mar, who were super efficent and polite. All in all we did not enjoy our stay and will not be repeating it to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel that doesnt take family/young groups if you want a good nights sleep!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at RH Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Hello uiskie,

I was very disheartened to read that your stay at our Hotel RH Victoria wasn’t to your liking.

Obviously as you may understand your stay was nearly two months ago and although we have tried to contact you directly to investigate further we have had no response.

I can assure you our staff take their job very seriously and any complaint of this nature is dealt with swiftly, we can however only apologise for their behaviour and I personally wish you had escalated this matter if it hadn’t been dealt with.

I do hope you visit the hotel again so we can restore your faith in us.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I booked a single room for 5 nights through Jet2Holidays and on arrival found I had been given a very spacious twin room.The room was well equipped by local standards and included free use of the fridge in the room and a hospitality tray with tea and coffee complete with a kettle,very unusual in Benidorm hotels.Large bathroom with two basins and good shower.Did not try the bath.
Staff at reception were very friendly and helpful in fact when I told the lovely lady on reception later that day I had forgotten to pack toothpaste both that and a new toothbrush was delivered yo my room free of charge.
Food at breakfast was ok but that is more to do with my taste in breakfast food as anyone liking cereals or fruit was well catered for but food at lunch and dinner was outstanding.Choice was first rate and it was all well presented.A very good range of salads and the main courses were the highlight.The food is buffet style with the added bonus of a chef doing a cook to order special of the day.The choice always included meat,fish and vegetarian dishes and usually ran to over six or seven different styles including great roasts and casseroles and a couple of fish dishes and an Asian type dish like a curry or stir-fry.The restaurant is large and light and the tables are well spaced so you don't feel as though you are dining with company.The three ladies working at table while I was there were very friendly indeed and seemed very happy in their work and the chef cooking the special also always had a smile. It seems to be happy place to work and this transmits itself in the service given.
The room (607) I had featured a balcony that got the sun all day which I loved but there rooms at the side of the hotel which got a lot more shade so make your preference known when booking if it matters to you.The room also has individual heating and air-con controls so you are not at the whim of hotel management to keep you warm or cool.Final thing to say about the room is the widescreen Grundig television had ITV 1,2,and 4 also BBC 1 and 2 and Sky News,BBC World and a couple of other English language channels.
Hotel itself is well located with the beach being a short stroll and the Old Town area of "walking street " only a few hundred metres away.
All in all a very friendly good quality hotel with excellent staff and food and a great location.

Room Tip: The rooms at the side of the hotel might be a bit shady for some so any room ending in a 6 or 7 is p...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at RH Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
A very good morning FrankandHedley,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review of the “wonderful food” in our Hotel RH Victoria.

You were fortunate that on arrival we had the availability to upgrade you to a bigger room that the one you had booked. Very pleased to read you appreciated the extra facilities in the room such as the kettle with the tea & coffee making facilities and the English TV channels.

I will personally pass on your comments to all our “friendly and helpful” staff, they will be delighted.

With regards to the food, what can I say; it seems our buffet ticks all your boxes. It is wonderful to read all your positive points and I will of course pass them on to our chefs, they will be over the moon.

We do hope to welcome you back again in the future. Thank you once again.

BOLTON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed at this hotel with my sister on a 3 night break 19/1/14 to 22/1/14. We had booked a sea view, stayed on 18th floor and had a great view. Rooms were clean, food was really good. Fresh & hot. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Could not fault this hotel at all. Would stay here again with no hesitation. RH hotels seem to have got it spot on.

Room Tip: floor 18 with sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at RH Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear GILL W,

My sincere thanks for sharing your opinion with fellow travellers of the Hotel RH Victoria and the “Good location, lovely hotel, great staff”

It seems the hotel ticks all your boxes, from the room with a great view, the fresh & hot food to the pleasant and helpful staff. I will personally pass on your excellent feedback to them.

Thank you once again for your recommendation and it would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Visited the hotel - a regular favourite - in February 2013 and again January 2014.We have always found the hotel to have spacious rooms, excellent service and a hard to beat location within 5 minutes walk of the old town. It is well worth the extra supplement to book a high floor (we were on floor 17 facing the bay) and have winter sunshine on the balcony from 10am to 6pm.

On our latest visit the food - which was always good - had got better - wider choices, local specialities - at least 5 different paellas in a week, and ever so hot plates and food.Paqui was certainly the cheerful star of the dining room.

They have made a start on refurbishing the rooms ( we were happy as they were) under the new management.

A very good afternoon MR.23,

I would like to start off by personally thanking you for taking the time to write your review of our Hotel RH Victoria, after your recent return to Benidorm. I was delighted to read that the hotel is “a regular favourite” for you and that you made the most of the hotels location near the Old Town and both Poniente and Levante beaches as well as your views from the 17th floor!

Also very pleased to hear you noticed an improvement on our food since your last visit. We are continuously making changes to our service and your feedback is great recognition for this and means the world to all of us, specially our chefs.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back in the near future, thank you once again for your loyalty.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

we have just been on holiday to benidorm.stayed in rh victoria room 1606 view amazing,staff great,food well where can i start if there is better food in any hotel then somebody needs to tell me.because the food in this hotel is FANTASTIC everything is fresh,hot and presented well.thank you to all the staff at this hotel for their efforts don,t forget room 1606 for the view

Room Tip: room 1606 great view and sunny balcony all day
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
RH-HotelsBenidorm, Manager at RH Hotel Victoria, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Good Afternoon 0161mah1960,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hotel RH Victoria and your “great view” from room 1606.

I was extremely pleased with your comments on the food and I can tell you our chef was grinning like a Cheshire cat! LOL

Thank you from us all and we hope to welcome you back soon

Kindest Regards

Hotel RH Victoria

Been to RH Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!