Well where shall I start. Just returned from these apartments in August 2008. The only saving grace for us was that we were lucky enough to get an apartment with air con. Had that not been the case then I think we would have reached suicidal tendancies for the two weeks we stayed there!!
A family of four - two adults with two kids aged 11 and 8 and to put it bluntly even if it was free all inclusive I would not go back!!
They say you either love Benidorm or hate it, each to their own but we hated it! I can only describe my first visit to Benidorm as a sunny Blackpool and tacky.
Back to the apartments. On our arrival late at night we entered the apartments which smelt of urine initially and promptly left to go out as it felt like alcatraz. I found the apartments to be claustrophobic, poorly furnished and basic. The smell of urine turned out to be a leak in the bathroom however in the hotels favour once it was reported it was fixed.
The pool was not that good. No bar for a start., no music, no umbrellas. It was a rowdy pool area really. I could not believe you had to pay for a plastic sunbed round the pool. Costing 1 euro 50 a day for a rigid plastic uncomfortable bed that you could not even tilt up. The pool is used by two hotels of the same size and got packed to ridiculous levels during the afternoon. The pool attendant was like a mini hitler. He had eyes like a s**t house rat and you never ever got away with a free sunbed. He made his rules up as he went along at one point even telling a little girl with a t shirt on to stop her from burning to take it off whilst in the pool. Unbeknown to me he took my 8 year old daughters float from her and then gave her it back!! Power freak or what!! I think he liked to feel in charge and was not surprised when one family had a big argument with him although I dont know what over. My son and I ended up with an ear infection I believe from the pool which I think could have been better maintained as when really packed it felt more like a warm bath. If you are thinking of doing a few laps for exercise forget it!!
The apartments were cleaned approx every 3 days which was fine. This was not a cheap holiday for us and I suppose having compared this accomodation to others we have been in around Europe for a similar cost it rates the lowest.
They say you get what you pay for but i totally disagree in this case on comparing this accomodation to others we have visited for similar costs throughout Europe. We certainly got far less value for money than what we payed for.
There was nothing of any distinction that would make us want to return to these apartments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marvill manage 100 apartments at the Paraiso 10. Services include 24 hour reception, swimming pool, weekly cleaning service, linen change. Extras: internet access, wash and dry laundry, tennis court. One bedroom apartments for 4 people, two beds in bedroom, sofa bed in the lounge. Heating -air conditioning, TV, kitchen with fridge/freezer, kettle, toaster, mini oven, electric hobs. Enjoy a drink and snacks, at the Paradise Corner, our modern cafe-bar with friends and family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your Paraiso Ten Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraiso 10 Apartments
- Paraiso Ten Apartments Benidorm
- Paraiso Ten Apartments Hotel Benidorm