We stayed at the diplomatic for 10 days and can not fault this hotel. From start to finish the service was great (apart from one member of staff which I shall explain later). We had full board basis and I do recommend a room on the higher floors as they seem to be quieter (near by bottle banks start early in the morning). We could not see any sea view rooms, but the general view was good. The outdoor pools are great and we could always find a bed. The internal facilities are a bit soulless and are not the best I've visited. I do recommend the free tickets to the benidorm palace show as this was the best free show I have seen. a good night out.
The food is generally the same but done in different ways. The salad counter serves up the same salads most days and you get a different meat and cuisine on each day. My only complaint is that having corner buffet counters always causes blockages with some people pushing in and being rude, but in my opinion if you can't beat them join them. The staff are great and friendly in the serving halls although some should be more vigilant with of the disgusting behaviour of some guests trying food and leaving on the serving plate. Oh and the coffee is pretty awful, but but there is a illy coffee shop near by.
Two main points with this hotel, one is that we were never told that a service charge applies if you charge everything to your room which was not great as it was 10%. Secondly on our last night we invited family to join us for dinner as we were quiet impressed with the food. Having never visited the upstairs live entertainment we decided to have a few drinks near the pool are where there is entertainment on a nightly basis. One member of staff called 'beratola' which may mean something in Spanish, but he was the elderly/oldest serving guy with glasses, went out of his way to be rude to us. He started by literally throwing the drink place mats at us and after we ordered our drinks he served the drinks with such sternness we were all shocked. He then had the cheek to wait for a tip on each order. Then as the entertainment proceeded he cleared all the other tables with empty glasses and ensured they're ash trays were cleared apart from ours. I had to clear our own table and take the ash tray myself to the so called bar/hut twice. This is the worst service I have ever encountered and having told servigroup of our treatment in my review to them I do feel compelled to warn people of this guy as he clearly hates the English or has an issue which should be addressed.
However, all in all a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally situated in a flat area just a few metres walk from the popular Plaza Triangular of Benidorm and 220 m. from Levante Beach.Facilities and services:Last improvements made in 2009.Very popular hotel, and well known in Benidorm.Large sun terrace with four swimming pools two for adults and two for children, sunbeds and parasols. Bar service to swimming pool. Children’s playground.Spacious and elegant bar-lounge overlooking a tropical interior garden with waterfall plus two more areas for celebrating conferences, banquets and social events “Azul” Room and “La Gruta” Terrace. The hotel offers a varied entertainment programme in high season, and also live music at night.Wellness Centre (supplement), attractively decorated among waterfalls and rocks, equipped with gymnasium, heated swimming pool, steam baths, sauna, jacuzzi and body and beauty treatments.Servigroup boutique with souvenirs, gifts and accessories.Free wifi connection throughout the hotel, including outoor areas.Internet connection at reception (supplement).Dogs permitted up to a maximum of 5 kg (check with the hotel for restrictions and supplements).Hotel-owned covered parking spaces (supplement): 110.Rooms:252 spacious and comfortable rooms with: air conditioning by fan coil system and heating, full bathroom, hairdryer, balcony, flat screen TV, direct dial telephone, mini fridge, safe (supplement) and intelligent locking system. The hotel has 10 comfortable double superior rooms.The flat screen TVs provide a new digital system with 60 national and international channels and 15 music channels.Restaurant:Restaurant with buffet service and show cooking. A selected and varied assortment of dishes including themed dishes, vegetarian choices and delicious desserts. Celiac menu and children’s menus available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Servigroup, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Servigroup Diplomatic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servigroup Diplomatic Hotel Benidorm
- Hotel Diplomatic Benidorm