“benidorm” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 194 Hotels in Benidorm
leeds west yorks
“benidorm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

we went on our 1st holiday to Benidorm in may just me and the hubby ..on arriving in Benidorm it is not the most attractive place we had visited... we stayed near the old town by choice as we like to have a walk about we were ai .the hotel was ok as I was not surprised as I had read earlier reviews .. we were not put off by the slight gradient to the beach ..we found the staff friendly and polite enough on our check in despite the Spanish pensioners behind us trying to jump the que the receptionist kindly put them in their place ..I had booked a promo room as it is only to sleep and get showered in ..the room was in need of an update as I think the whole hotel is in need of a bit of tlc but all in all it was clean and to my surprise I found the beds were quite comfortable our out look was a wall but as I said before you only sleep and bathe in it we were in room 459 ..we were advised to use the lower floor restaurant on -2 floor as the other restaurant was favoured by the Spanish tourists this was so funny at meal times as the lifts were like the m62 on a Friday evening the Spanish would crowd in and overload the lift but a polite no was needed here and there I found this very funny as a lot of the english seem to be afraid of the Spanish and found them aggressive but we soon worked out that a bit of pidgeon Spanish spoken and we were all friends ...the food in the hotel was lovely I am a fussy eater and I was amazed to find that there was a very good choice on offer everyday hot and cold with the chef on hand the staff in the restuarants were brilliant they were manuel and Charlie very attentive and courteous ..the rooftop pool is ok but you need to get up early to get a good place for tanning as there is limited bed and chairs etc this was used mainly by the English tourists ...the magic café is mainly used by the English and Belgium friends we made with the local entertainment called him and her .. andy and anne-marie there were great made everyone feel welcome and did a good cross range of music to suit all tastes anita who works behind the bar in the café can come across as blunt but don't take it to heart she is a lovely person once you get talking to her trevor is a lovely man .. there are some free buses that take you into the new town if you don't want to walk along the beach to the other magic hotels....at the weekend it did get lots of stag and hen parties in it can get very noisy but we just joined in with them and had a laugh we did enjoy our stay at the magic cristal park after all your holiday is what you make it but I don't we will go back there

Room Tip: if you want a good room do not go for the promo rooms
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RafaelJimenez, Hotel Manager. at Magic Cristal Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Tracy K form leeds west yorks

We we would like to thank you for your comments, we appreciate this comments because they help us to improve day by day. Magic Cristal Park have different systems such as Qualitas that help us to develop a comprehensive monitoring opportunities for improvement in each department of the Hotel.

We also have internal and external audits that measures the satisfaction of our customers. In Magic Fenica there is a high index of guests that repeat year after year,and this makes us very proud, even so we still work hard to meet your expectations.

Formula 24 Guarantee of Satisfaction. If in 24 hours your expectations have not been fulfilled, you have the right, by using our formula 24 guarantee of satisfaction, to cash in (with no costs for cancellation except services already consumed) and we will help you to find another accommodation, including in another chain. You holidays are our priority.

Thank you again for your comments which are received in a positive direction and in a spirit of continuous improvement.

Manager Magic Cristal Park Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, thankfully it was not longer. We had booked a promo twin room, advertised as having twin beds, bathroom with shower, air con and hairdryer. Our room was in fact a small room with 1 tiny bed (not even a double size), with 1 pillow and a view of a voncrete wall (approx 4 feet from window). The room did have air con and a bathroom, although the shower attachmemt didn't work. The towels, bedding and general cleanliness of the room was poor and very dated. As for the hairdryer in room, this apparently means its subject to availability! ! To get a hairdryer you have to queue at reception, if 1 is available, you leave a 20 euro deposit and can have for a max of 2 hrs!! Given it took over an hour to check in and a further half hour to wait on a lift, we didn't fancy our chances! After a long argument, we were allowed to borrow 1 for our stay! When confronted with any problems, the hotel staff were quick to blame jet 2, apparently they have nothing to do with how the hotel is advertised!! We were basically told, if we were unhappy with our room complain to jet 2 when we got home. The food was poor and the barman in the pool bar rude-he would stand on the phone or chat to Spanish guests whilst we waited for drinks. The only positive was the magic cafe and the lovely barman in there and the location, which was handy for subway!Would I return, not a chance!

• Stayed August 2013
RafaelJimenez, Hotel Manager. at Magic Cristal Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
In relation to the Trip Advisor member 123ly comments we would like to give you the following information about our product.

At Magic Costa Blanca client satisfaction is important for us and for this we have contracted a professional company Geshotel, leaders in their field to carry out quality surveys during our guests stay Below be have included the results from the last audit. All our establishments have certificates, our in house quality system QIO.

We also have a Quality Guarantee "Formula 24" if in the first 24 hours after your arrival your expectations have not been met, you can cancel your stay with out paying you cancellation fees, except for services consumed, and we will help to find alternative accommodation ... which is a our commitment to your enjoyment of your holiday.

Once again we would like to thank the Trip Advisor member for taking the time to input this review, and we appreciate your comments as we continue to strive towards providing a quality service for all our clients many of whom are regular and repeat visitors to our hotel and value all the opinions received from our clients to help us achieve this goal.

Santiago Senz
Manager Cristal Park Hotel.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was my first holiday in 10 years with mum and dad and as a treat my parents paid for me so this was big deal 2 weeks in sun and quite and no work and gettin to know the spanish ways and culture. Was i in for a shock!!!!When we arrived its was very busy alot of people everywhere and most sighnage was in spanish, eventually got there and are rooms werent ready, we asked them to put my mums medicine in there fridge till we got to our room with our chilled fridge which we asked for when booking our holiday because it turns to poison if at room temp, couple hours lata we got our room, no balcony which we asked for and no chilled fridge, no towels, no cups or kettle etc, i had to go down and ask whats happenin, she sorted it all good but no rooms with balcony all booked, Next morning i go down to restuarant for breakfast WOW never heard noise like it, the spanish are very loud and im not anyway went to stand in q for coffee with about 20 other people for 3 spanish ladies to jump the q and i stopeed them, next minute ive got 3 spanish women screaming in my face in spanish for me to tell them i wasnt standing for good of my health, i turned to the waiteres for assistance and they looked at me and walked away, i was later told by a british holidaymaker we british dont go to that one but 1 underneath which really surprised me, ive never been segragated because im british then i get told the entertainment is segragated spanish upstairs british at back of hotel, wtf Have to be honest the hotel i would say was 95% spnish holiday makers and rest british, I felt so uncomfortable here and the staff always sayin englis.....(spanish) every time there were servin you or just being around you talking to other staff in spanish,
I was asked by a british children entainer cant remember his name but polite fellow to fill out a questionaire which was private and confidential about the hotel. I was honest but straightforward, passed it back to him and never thought anymore about it. Next day all the dept managers are out with clipboards, awesome i thought! for a couple of days later to arguing with the reception staff that the computer in reception wasnt working and wanted my money back, they checked and aggreed it pooped, I said can i have money back to them saying no to which i got annoyed and called them out, they finally aggreed as i paid for an hour i could use 1 of the computers at front desk. Awesome i was happy until 10 minutes later the blonde receptionest told me to get off pc towhich i was not happy but done it for a quite life, to her asking me which room im in, i told her and asked why, for her to say we are the room that complains alot and started pulling me up on the answers i gave on this so called confidential questionare, I was fuming as she was doin it infront of all these people standing at reception, she came round from the counter and security followed her, to which i said everything on that questionaire was honest to which she replied "i thought u were i nice person, prob because i had been calmimg holidaymakers all week about there hatred for hotel, but replied dont take niceness for a mug!! I walked away with a friend, and since that day, some of the staff had attitude with me for second week, the final straw was when my m um who has brittle bone diseas and infasima was trying to get into lift and asked people in lift to hold lift so i could help her in to them shuttting door in her face...

All i can say is its so loud there and none speak english for except 3 staff, never found a rep, neither did anyone actually, Also 6 plastic tables and chairs for the whole hotel of smokers, which normally ment we were sittin on floor or door step because the bar was freezing to sit in.
After this madness we decided to to go out to some bars which was awesome we found a irish bar with great entertainment and it was always full of british and spanish holidaymakers and a luvely spanish lady showed me how to use spanish clappy hand things, pity we only found this place 4 days before leaving.

The day i arrived back i couldnt stop crying with relief, I just feel bad my parents had to waste £2700 on a horrible holiday, and they have been to this hotel before and it was luvely apparently, but they aggreed they will never come back here and the rest of my family have followed suite.

Sad my dream holiday was rubbish

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
In relation to the Trip Advisor member Don821 form Plymouth, UK comments we would like to give you the following information about our product.

At Magic Costa Blanca client satisfaction is important for us and for this we have contracted a professional company Geshotel, leaders in their field to carry out quality surveys during our guests stay . All our establishments have certificates, our in house quality system QIO and a Qualitur certificate.

Santiago Senz
Manager Cristal Park Hotel.
west lothian scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed in this hotel many times, always loved the food and staff. We had some great times in The Magic Cafe with Him and Her ( Andy and Anne-Marie) also Anita and Trevor. It would appear that the management now do not want Anne-Marie as part of their entertainment staff, big mistake, we will not be back in any of the Magic hotels and I know many more regulars who feel the same, management appear to have their heads in the sand so it`s adios from us!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ossa250 from West Lothian, Scotland

We we would like to thank you for your comments, we appreciate this comments because they help us to improve day by day. Magic Cristal have different systems such as Qualitas that help us to develop a comprehensive monitoring opportunities for improvement in each department of the Hotel.

We also have internal and external audits that measures the satisfaction of our customers. In Magic Cristal Park there is a high index of guests that repeat year after year,and this makes us very proud, even so we still work hard to meet your expectations.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was clean, welcoming and the food was fantastic, we have stayed at many hotels that were rated higher stars and their food was not as good, so much to choose from and full English breakfast if you want, all buffet style so help yourself. Small walk to beach and fab shops all around. Definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear venus w form Tamsworth, UK

newacastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

just got back on the 23rd July ,don't understand people really this is an inexpensive holiday we only paid 850 each for a fortnight, ,food is good, staff are friendly enough, as for the entertainment the singer had it all to do himself as his wife is off work at the moment as for the ignorance and arrogance off the Spanish you also get that in France and China and so on you also just have to look at the southern regions of our own country to get that, my only real problem with the hotel is air con in our room is never cold enough.

Room Tip: if you want a balcony don't have more than two to a room, we had one at the lift door and it was...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RafaelJimenez, Director de Hotel. at Magic Cristal Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Philip b from Newacastle,

We we would like to thank you for your comments, we appreciate this comments because they help us to improve day by day. Magic Cristal Park have different systems such as QIO that help us to develop a comprehensive monitoring opportunities for improvement in each department of the Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

just back from a week in the cristal park hotel. had read some bad reviews before we went but had a fantastic time. food was plentiful and varied . staff were friendly and helpful and work really hard .we went to the magic bar and didn't try the one upstairs . we used the restaurant on minus one . anita one of the bar staff very pleasant as were they all but didn't get their names glad we went to this hotel . plenty of sun loungers and pool was clean would go back again : )
the only thing a problem was the smell from from the drains sometimes and have been asked to add new pool tables would b good .

Room Tip: our room was at the back of the hotel at the end of a corridor facing onto a park .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
RafaelJimenez, Hotel Manager. at Magic Cristal Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear tia2013 from Glasgow UK,

Manager Magic Cristal Park Hotel

Been to Magic Cristal Park Hotel? Share your experiences!