“Best views in Benidorm” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Michigan
“Best views in Benidorm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding hotel, but slightly impossible to get to if you have a car. I had to park about one kilometer as the GPS did the best it could, then gave up. We jumped in a cab and she was able to get us there in 5 minutes. With the help of Raffell, we walked back to get my car and he instructed me on how to get it there !!

The staff is great, room views are without compare- just breathtaking. The rates are reasonable and food quite good.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DirectorVV, Gerente at Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Woodman54,

The all hotel staff thank you so much for your words and we hope that you repeat again with us and see you soon.

We push the heart in ou work because we are happy if you are happy.

Ainoa Lloret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Sitges, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a return visit just before Easter. In spite of disappointing weather, still enjoyed the spectacular views from our room even though there were no fabulous sun rises to wake us up. The staff, as always, were welcoming, polite and very eager to make our stay as good as it could be.

Just a couple of small grumbles though, all concerning the breakfast. I was amazed that plain natural yogurts were never available. Also the cereals both corn flakes and museli were of terrible quality, catering makes rather than branded names. Even 3* hotels can do better. However as we always judge the quality of a hotel by the orange juice provided, here the hotel scored highly. So a couple of silly little things, which I am sure the management will put right, but just stops us scoring the 5th star rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DirectorVV, Gerente at Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Terry-Martin1990,

Thank you very much in advance for your review.

We have a variety of products in our breakfast and if our guest want anything more
they can ask for us for differents types of cereals, cookies, omelettes, crêps,yoghourts...

It is our pleasure to advise we will have iphones in all of our rooms, this way our guests will be able to enjoy more than 40 apps we will prepare for you.

North Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed from 16th to 23rd March.  Booked a Junior Suite, we were thrilled with our room which had a double balcony with one of the best seaviews and views of the promenade.  On arrival, we were given a glass of champagne which was a lovely gesture whilst our luggage was taken to our room.  The hotel is spotlessly clean and all the staff are very pleasant and most helpful.  The lounge/bar is very small with not much activity in this area and you order drinks from the receptionist (drinks are quite expensive).  We noticed a really strong smell of drains in the corridors and especially in the reception area at times, the staff were often spraying air fresher.   We had booked half board but after arrival wished we had booked B&B as there are numerous bars, tapas bars and cafes so close to the hotel.  Breakfast was continental style, you could also order from a menu if you wanted additional options.   Evening meals, slightly disappointing, the restaurant did'nt open until 8.30pm and the menu was all in Spanish so we had to ask for a translation every night, the restaurant manager did his best to translate but it was slightly awkward as one evening my husband and I were told we were ordering beef as the main meal but a plate of pork arrived which I don't normally eat, however,  the pork was uncooked and bleeding on our plates so we sent the food back to the kitchen, the chef came out to apologise.  The following night, after a translation of the menu I opted for the fish course, a small piece of fish arrived on a huge plate and after a few minutes I asked the waitress if the vegetables were on their way, she said there were no vegetables to accompany the fish therefore all my main meal consisted of was a small piece of fish which seemed ridiculous.  Most evenings we were the only diners, there was no atmosphere which is a shame.  On the Thursday evening we entered the empty restaurant and sat at a table, we waited for at least 15minutes for the restaurant manager to come out of the kitchen where the staff were chatting and laughing loudly, my husband stood up a couple of times to see if he could get the staff's attention but he failed.  On our last night we decided to eat out at a local bistro called Mi Casa which is only down the road from the hotel and serves fantastic food, great value with lashings of ambience.

On the morning we were leaving we were being picked up at 8am by taxi, we were told the previous day that we could have breakfast served early in the bar as the restaurant did'nt open until 8.30am, we said we would be down at 7.30am which we were. There was no sign of breakfast in the bar and we were only asked if we wanted a drink by the night receptionist at 7.55 which we declined as we were being picked up 5 minutes later, this was very disappointing.  On checking out, we noticed we had been charged €20 for the minibar, we queried this as we hadn't had any drinks from the bar, we were told that we had been charged €2 for each cup of coffee (Very small cups) from the Nespresso machine in the room even though there was no mention of this charge in the information booklet in our room and considering this was a 5* hotel I felt this was excessive considering the expensive room rates.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DirectorVV, Gerente at Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear PeggySue,

So sorry for the disadvantages,
We try to pus our heart in our work.
In our restaurant Llum de Mar we have a mediterran food and our chef do with love, so sorry if you didn´t like our cousine.
Sorry for the problems in the restaurant.

We will work hard for these disadvantages.

Warrington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Booked a junior suite from Friday 22/03/2013 to Monday 25/03/2013 first of all arrived at hotel 8.00pm seated at the reception and was served glass of champagne all very nice, then shown to room (at this point let me say that i did request a Junior Suite with a balcony) very nice room but no balcony, When I mentioned this to the Duty Manager I was told that a balcony room would be available the next day but no one ever got back to us so we put up with the room allocated, the annoying thing was the price we had paid for three nights was far too much to not get what you had expected, no one offered us a meal on first night, we where on a full board basis and had paid for three nights ,so we went out to eat. Saturday 23/03/2013 went down for breakfast it was the continental type and it was brought to your table so choice was limited you could order hot breakfasts from a menu so we did ,this food was nice just not a lot of choice, we just got fed up with it all and did not go back for evening meals. My wife went down for breakfast the next morning for more of the same I met friends for breakfast at a local cafe and really enjoyed a full english breakfast for 4 euros, the room was cleaned every day and was spotless, the views from every area of the hotel where fantastic all staff we encountered where pleasent but we just felt that something was missing. (Atmosphere perhaps) bar area a waste of time, prices well over the top, when you can walk about 20 metres to really nice bars with reasonable prices.
On last morning we where due to to be picked up at 8.45am so got packed went down for early breakfast, "guess what" they only served breakfast from 8.30am duty manager tried his best to get us something to eat and drink before we set off for the airport but to be honest it was a waste of time, they must only cater for guests who have later flights ? they only have to cater for 25 rooms I would have thought they would have put a bit more time and effort into knowing the times guests arrive and what time they are due to leave and perhaps make up a few early breakfasts.
So would we go back "no" the views from the hotel are fantastic but thats not the be all and end all, guests need to be looked after and catered for at all times.

Room Tip: No complaints about room, Just NO BALCONY
Dear Nickle12346,

Sorry for the disadvantages,

We push the hart in our work all days and we try that our guests are happy.

Our main goal is for you, our customer to enjoy and relax during the stay at our property, and whenever we see comments like this we feel that we have accomplished it.

Best Regards

Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed here for a week from 9th march absolutely lovely hotel best I have stayed in staff are very attentive without being in your face we stayed bed and breakfast as we wanted to try the lovely restaurants in the old town room was brilliant floor to ceiling window with view overlooking the sea /beach the breakfast was amazing and the waiters victor and tito were very accommodating attending to our needs also the reception girl sorry I can't remember her name was lovely as was Iona the weather wasn't great the first part of the week very windy however we walked along the sea front most days after breakfast and came back and used the spa which was very relaxing and warm had some lovely meals in restaurants in the old town lost of choices very reasonable will be back soon thank you for a lovely stay

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DirectorVV, Gerente at Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Garry S,

We will keep putting our efforts on delivering the service quality you deserve and look forward to your next visit and hope it will be unforgettable.

Best regards

Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My first holiday alone(my wife died June 2012).My holiday started well,flight on time,coach pick-up went well,but when I and and another couple were told we were at our hotel,we found we had been dropped off at the sister hotel Villa de Mar,which is nearly a mile from the Venecia.We asked the coach driver how we were expected to get to our hotel,he just shrugged his shoulders and quite literally just left us there.As there were no taxis about we decided to walk.I took what I thought was the most direct route,and found myself having to climb about 90 steps with my suitcase and hand luggage,so by the time I reached reception I was shattered and complained bitterly.At that point I was made to feel very special,given a glass of champagne and told that the coach driver should have contacted the Venecia and a taxi would have been sent to pick us up.After all that my holiday began in earnest. This hotel was built with spectacular views of the whole of the Levante beach and with it being on the headland you feel like you are on an ocean liner as the sea crashes in just below your windows.The reception and dining room have the same spectacular views.I booked only B&B because of the many restaurants and bars in Benidorm,but the breakfast in the beautiful dining room was very special, the cold items are served to everyone automatically. cooked meats cobs,fruit,jams all served on slates,but if you want cereals or a hot breakfast as well as the cold,just ask,the waiters are only to happy to oblige.I had one evening meal which was lamb shank,it was so tender and the chef came into the restaurant to ask if I had enjoyed it.There is a small pool on the 5th floor with sun beds and towelling robes,and it is never over populated,The first room I had was quite small but very plush with electric roller blinds in the main bedroom and in the bathroom,but due top faulty air conditioning I was moved into a suite,and this room was fabulous with glass bathroom with electric roller blinds,king size bed, 50" TV, 7 pillows and the most comfortable bed ever.The Villa Venetia has only 25 rooms so you get very special attention,and the staff are the best I have come across in over 30 years of overseas holidays.This is the hotel where you can celebrate that special occasion and now that it really will be SPECIAL.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear seventyplus 55,

Thank you in andvance Thank you very much for this great comment, it is wonderful to hear that our customers are enjoying The Villa Venecia Gourmet Boutique Hotel so much.

We put all our effort and hard work to fullfill our guests expectations and these kind of reviews helps us realise we are accomplishing it, also thank you again for considering so well our cuisine, we are proud to offer origin denominated products and our main chef cooks them in the best fashion possible.

We remember you the first time that I see, when you arrived to the hotel, we try all days
that you had an special holidays with us.
The room 16 will be your room for the next time.

We look forward to welcome you back in a close future, and our food gets renewed each season, don't miss it!

kind regards.

Ainoa Lloret.
Dorchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed in March 2013 and the weather was cold and wet. This weather was given as the reason for the horrible smell of sewerage in reception and the corridors - apparently the fault of the council that has been there for 6 months. There was no ambience in the restaurant as we were the only diners all of one dinner and most of the other. The choice of food was very limited and we have eaten much more interesting food in many tapas bars in Alicante at half the price. The hotel advertises Nespresso machines in the bedrooms but does not say that EACH cup of coffee with miniature UHT milk pods costs 2 Euros! This seems exhorbitant considering the very expensive room rate. The reviews we read before booking did not reflect our experience and we were very disappointed.Our bed creaked but was comfortable.

Mrs DorchesterMargaret,

Thank you in advance for your works.

We feel it for the disadvantages, work hard day after day in order that you are happy.

The last days, the weather is no good, and for the sea and the weather these days we had a

problem, but now is ok.

We have bed and breakfast, half board a la carte or full board a la carte.

Our restaurant LLum de Mar has fresh products, typic in Valencia and our chef Jose Felis does

special foods with love.

Best Regards.

Been to Villa Venecia Hotel Boutique? Share your experiences!