“Gets better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Mirfield, England, United Kingdom
“Gets better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was our sixth stay at the ambassador playa and it just keeps on getting better we stayed in 11 this time to find a lot more refurbishments once more . A complete new look in the dinning room that has not affected the quality of the food that is served always plenty of choice of good tasty dishes we have never heard anyone complain . The rooms are cleaned daily and towels Changed daily also the staff at the ambassador are pleasant and helpful we had a problem with some noise issues during this stay and after speaking to the receptionist we moved rooms without delay we look forward to our next visit to this good three star hotel

Room Tip: The pool view rooms tend to be a little noisier than the ones facing the road due to the vicinity of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

A five day break for myself and husband . Loved it . Food very good ,room clean and hotel central to all night life .
Ticked all my boxes will return will. Recommend to friends.
Didn't use the hotels night life as it seemed to suit older people but they seemed to enjoy it .

Somerset, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just returned from the hotel having stayed a week. First time visiting Benidorm and thought would give it a try having been to many other places over the years. Not too high buildings and nothing compared to those around. About 8 floors. I stayed in Nr 1 (Thomson) on the 3rd floor pool/bar street facing but although a little noisy does get the sun. There is a small pool for toddlers, a slightly larger outdoor pool and when we were there a larger covered and heated pool. Probably gets pretty crowded during busier times and some people flouting the hotel requests not to reserve chairs/sunbeds with towels. You can't blame the Germans as your all from the UK! The beach is a very short walk. Our room was kept clean and the furnishings looked in fairly new condition with the exception of the bath which was well worn. No chance of a slip in that one however you can request a rubber bath mat. Plenty of hot water with overhead shower, bidet, wc, basin and hairdryer. Plenty of light and large mirror. Good sized balcony with chairs and table. Double layer curtains and patio doors. Heating centrally controlled and came on during the evening. Air conditioning in room for summer. TV with BBC1, ITV1 and sky news with remote for hire and deposit returned in full on return. Safe in room at a cost of 10 euro per week excluding deposit. Plenty of wardrobe space. Tiled floors meant that room above and wearing heals were a bit noisy.

Corridors like bedrooms were tiled and could also be a bit noisy.

The hotel has a spa. The hotel has 3 lifts.

There are 3 bars all inter-joined. The restaurant is buffet style and caters for the English clients mainly Thomson (1) and Thomas Cook (2). Good choice however can be repetitive particularly on the hot desserts - bread and butter pudding, fruit crumble with custard, low sugar rice pudding and fruit compote. Other desserts including fruit were plentiful and varied. They even had a chocolate fountain for you to dunk strawberries. Always fresh fruit. Salads. Cheese and crackers. Self serve soft icecream. Unusual meals included pork cheeks (actually nice) mussels with prawns along with the old traditional liver and bacon. The tables are quickly cleared and replace at each sitting. I would have liked to have been able to purchase wine by the glass instead of bottle although they will label it and set it aside.

The location is directly on bar street and within an easy walk of the beach. I liked the hotel unfortunately I had S+D on the last day and as I had only eaten in the hotel and religiously used the hand cleaner on entry and leaving the restaurant can only assume it was something I ate or contacted. A number of visitors do not use these hand cleaners and walk straight past them even though there are notices in the lifts. I reported this to Hayley the Thomson rep and she was very helpful giving me all the information I required if I had been unable to travel. Fortunately after a visit to a pharmacy I was able to travel but still not fully recovered. I did enjoy the holiday overall and would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Sunny side is pool facing but will have some noise.
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just returned from a weeks full board in ambassador 1 from 25th march until 1st April 2014.
On arrival at hotel out room wasn't ready but by the time we ate lunch our room was ready. We were on the 4th floor facing the back which was a let down considering I had e mailed the hotel in advance to request a pool view!
Our room, however, was nice and clean with a fab power shower. The cleaner was excellent and spoke away every day. Balcony was a nice size and clean but only had sun in morning for an hour.
Dining room was nice and clean but staff were really rude. One girl called Michaela was extremely rude to us and this was upsetting. (Management should be aware of this girl as it is reflecting on hotel) at the time should have let manager know but decided trip advisor best. Food was ok but repetitive. Found dining room to be awkward with attitude of staff! Spa looked good but then again long faces of staff put us off.
Location of hotel was great near all shops and bars. Great bar is uncle peds at back of hotel where beer is a euro a pint. Hotel prices were dearer.
Thomson reps kenny and Hayley very nice and always helpful.
Weather mixed late march but still got great tan. Take cardigan as nights as can be chilly.
Pools looked nice but never ventured. Could imagine very busy in summer as still busy in march.
Overall hotel was ok but would we return?? Can't see it due to attitude of staff.
Weather location bars in hotel rooms and entertainment very good. Just wont return to this hotel which is a shame unless the staff have customer service training. Management of hotel please be aware of this issue you have with your staff!!
Cleaners all very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2014
Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I can only tell you our experience, we travelled with my Husbands disability scooter and my Husband was allowed to use it in the Hotel. I am presuming that if you hired one there they would not allow it as all the able bodied people borrow them as a means of whizzing around and getting disabled people a bad name.The Hotel was clean everywhere, beds changed every three days new towels every day if you need them. The Food was really good, well cooked and plenty of it.
Loads of sunbeds and lounger chairs, outdoor pool and heated indoor pool.Entertainment every night.
We will be going back as it is good value for money. Staff rate a five star all very helpful

Room Tip: No pool towels provided, we did use the hotel towels but not really big enough for the sun loungers
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

stayed at playa ll. the hotel is very clean, towels changed daily. very nice lady works on front desk most days. drinks are okay price considering its a hotel. many old people when i went, which made for a very quiet hotel. went with my partner and my toddler. they had a little play park for him which was nice for him. however, older people didn't seen to like having him there and was very uncomfortable sometimes (but not really the hotels fault.) breakfast was food, but the rest of the food was of a very poor quality and often were being given leftovers from the beginning of the week. safe to say nun of us and a solid bowel movement. there was a man that worked in the dining area who was very rude and we complained about him in the end. the hotel dealt with him very swiftly though. overall not a bad hotel, but will go somewhere else next time. went in november 2013

Room Tip: lower floors may be best a lifts are very slow and often one is not working
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Castleford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have just got back from staying at the Playa 1 between 25th March and 1st April with my partner,from arriving at the hotel everything was perfect,We arrived at 8:30 pm and there was a full coach of us,i thought this would have meant it would take ages to check in but it only took us about 10 minutes,we were given our keycard and shown where the lifts were,we went to our room 538 and it was more than we expected,we had a pool view like we asked for and the room itself was immaculately clean we had 2 single beds side by side a dressing table & mirror a massive wardrobe and a tv,in the bathroom there was a bath,shower,toilet,bidet and sink with large mirror there was also a hairdryer.I am a very fussy eater but i thought the food was excellent at every meal time with a great choice,the drinks in the restaurant were also very cheap.The swimming pools outside aren't the biggest but they are big enough as i would say over 75% of the guests are pensioners and don't go in the pools especially at this time of year as the water was very cold.There were plenty of sunbeds available every day.The only problem was the noise from the bars opposite our room but usually this didn't bother us. I will be going back here again as the hotel is in a perfect location for all of the bars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ambassador Playa I & II? Share your experiences!