“First time all inclusive” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #48 of 192 hotels in Benidorm
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“First time all inclusive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Having never been to Benidorm and never been to an all inclusive hotel I was interested to see what the Hotel Regente would hold. Benidorm I can now say I have visited and I will surprise myself if I go back, but if you like Benidorm, you could hardly do better than the Regente. Staff were great and very tolerant with the mostly northern British clientele, the food was surprisingly good and surprisingly Spanish, the rooms and beds very comfortable and clean. The only downsides were the lifts were slow and packed up and the evening entertainment was a bit too cheesy and dull. But then, there are many other entertainment options in Benidorm... I should say we were a group of 48 on a colts rugby club tour and the hotel allowed us to be what we were and I think that in turn encouraged the lads to be reasonably sensible.

Room Tip: If you go for a higher floor you may give up on lifts and that will add some valuable CV exercise to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
MedplayaBenidorm, Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Hello foxontherox

Many thanks for taking the time to write about your visit to the Hotel Regente and to Benidorm.

We are pleased to hear your group enjoyed your stay and were happy with the services and staff in the Hotel.

The lifts unfortunately can become quite busy especially during meal times.

Benidorm does have a lot offer so maybe one day you will choose to return again.

Please feel free to email us at benidorm@medplaya.com should you have any queries.

Kind Regards
Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations
Medplaya.com

972 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Stone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived at the Regente on 6th October for 5 nights, I had done loads of research about the best all inclusive option and due to travelling with my husbands Aunt I had to be really tight on price. They only had £200 each for the holiday and wanted everything included even the airport parking. I did manage to find it for that price but only because the Regente is such good value. I think when you read the reviews it's important to consider the cost. We stayed on 6th floor and at times the lift was slow but we just walked to our floor. The best part of the hotel stay was the staff and the food. The staff really are very pleasant, from reception to the waitress in the restaurant everyone had a smile. The food and meal times are great and even though we were late on day for lunch they didn't mind at all and just allowed us in to eat. The food cannot be faulted for this price and comes very close to much more expensive hotels I have stayed in. I think this is a beat location and no you don't get Grand entrance when you arrive but it's really easy to walk to the Market which is across the road, the beach 10 minutes walk and bars and clubs which are also only 10 minutes walk down the road. I would recommend this hotel and do some comparison because we fond a huge difference in the cost, I used wecompareholidays to check the flights and hotel price and found the best price.

Room Tip: Choose a low floor and ask for the pool view, it's not a noisy area and so there are no bars to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
CustomerServiceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Liz S
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the popular Hotel Regente.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we fulfilled your expectations as well as achieving our objective of offering good quality, friendly service and value for money.
We hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again in the future.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Visited the regente 5th till 19th had another great stay staff as friendly as ever and remembered us food was a bit repetitive this time but hotel is still our favourite, clean rooms,restaurant could do with a refurb. We did eat out a few times tried a few of the places recommended on benidorm forum really enjoyed china garden and michaels in old town, hope to be back end November if not definitely next year thanks to all staff for our very enjoyable stay and we'll done to peter entertainment guy works miracles actually got my husband up for one of the competitions lol

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 1962davejan
We are pleased to hear that the Hotel Regente ticked all the boxes for you and thank you for taking the time to put your comments here on TripAdvisor.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in November!
Newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed here 11-18th October. This hotel has good and bad points. The good, staff are very friendly and seem genuinely happy to help. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and is in a great location. The bad, beds are stupendously uncomfortable, air conditioning does not work, it switched on and made a noise but did not cool the room, ( I asked for it to be fixed, to be told it is switched off as it is cool enough (28-32 deg when we were there)), food average at best, sausages in the morning everyone seems to rave about tasted like Tesco own label, and what is the stuff that comes out of the juice dispenser? No way has this ever seen any part of an orange! Sound proofing between rooms does not exist, we could hear every word of the couple next doors conversation as well as their television. I would like to return to this hotel as I'm not normally a negative person, but to come home exhausted because you cannot sleep in the bed, noise from neighbours, and not from partying till all hours is unacceptable. Sorry Regente, but back to Ambassador for us next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hotel Regente.
We are pleased to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and helpful. However, we are very sorry to hear that there were other aspects of the hotel which did not meet with your expectations.
The Hotel Regente is a very popular hotel in Benidorm with many of our guests returning year after year and we are sorry that you were not completely satisfied with the room or the food in the hotel.
We hope that in spite of this, your overall holiday in Benidorm was enjoyable.
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I travelled to The Regente 23rd Sep 2013 for 11 days. I had a fab time I found the hotel to be spotless some people have commented that the staff took ages to clear tables in the dinning room but I have to say that I never found this the staff all work very hard and some people do not even say thank you to them while they clear their table I just feel that it is nice to be nice.

I have been to this hotel before and found the food to be good previously but sadly on this visit it was not as good ( apparently there is a new chief ) I was really looking forward to fresh pineapple and melon at lunch and dinner time but this was not to be only time I saw fresh melon was a breakfast, but in saying all that I can not fault the hotel in any other way.

I can't comment on the entertainment at night as I went out most night to The Flash Hotel we used to people watch from there you would get a laugh at some of the sights you would see stag and hen partys !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The sun terrace is fab for sunbathing plenty of sunbeds

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear sunshine23
Thank you for taking the time to review your latest stay with us at the Hotel Regente.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, but are disappointed to hear that the food did not meet with your expectations this time. We take all guest feedback into consideration when reviewing our performance and planning our future, so appreciate you commenting on this.
We sincerely hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us for your future holidays in Benidorm
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We were here in may and enjoyed our stay with the food and stay very good. Not so this time, the breakfast was OK although we missed it twice. The evening meals were not so good, chicken thighs and some tofu dish, steak and kidney pie I thought might be ok but didn't enjoy it. Reception staff were excellent nothing to much trouble Thank you Gustavo. Entertainment team also excellent but bar staff a bit off. Our 1st room smelt strongly of smoke so we asked for and got a new room. Heard the springs in the bed boinging about when you turned lol. All in all could have been better.

Dear Derek1207
The Hotel Regente is a popular hotel in Benidorm, with many of our guests returning year after year.
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some of the meals during your stay. Our catering team do their very best to provide a varied menu with a selection to suit all of our guests and it is disappointing to hear that you feel the variety and standard was lower on this stay than on your previous stay.
We sincerely hope that we can look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Regente on future occasions
Ayrshire, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Just returned from an 11 night stay at the Regente ( 1-11th October) with my son, daughter in law and 2 of my adult grandchildren. We were all impressed with this hotel. Staff were friendly, hardworking and very helpful. Restaurant was the most impressive... cleanliness and hygiene are top of their agenda. Food was really good, lots of choice and my very fussy grandaughter always found something to eat lol.

One concern was fire safety. One minor fire in the floor above us and no fire alarm sounded. Woke up at 4am as it was noisy and was greeted with the sight of fire engine and 3 police cars outside! Another time fire alarm went off, fire doors closed over and lifts stopped but staff seemed not to know what was going on and were allowing people to go upstairs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Hotel Regente, we are pleased to hear that the hotel met with your expectations and that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us.
With regards to your concern regarding safety in the hotel. We can assure you that the Hotel Regente follow very strict health and safety processes and procedures, these are controlled both externally and internally.
The incident in question was completely under control, and did not develop into a fire, it was caused by a travel kettle a guest was using in one of the rooms - the smoke detectors were activated immediately and the alarm was raised by the staff - the result of this was that the fire brigade was called and the Hotel Manager was on site immediately. At no time was there any risk to our guests and evacuation was not required.
We sincerely hope that we have been able to alleviate your concerns and that we can look forward to welcoming you and your family back to this popular hotel on future holidays

Been to MedPlaya Hotel Regente? Share your experiences!