“fish in green sauce” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wigan, United Kingdom
“fish in green sauce”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I have just returned from a weeks stay at this hotel and wont be returning any time soon. First and foremost I would like to point out it is one of the most immaculate clean hotels I have stayed in and the staff each and everyone I had dealings with where helpfull and polite they are a credit to ther hotel.The problem lies with the rooms,and the food.Every lunch and dinner there was the same things on,pork,pork steaks pork in a sauce pork cassaroul,roast beef turned into stew of some kind ,with leftover veg from either the lunch if dinner ,or from the previous dinner if lunch,fish was on every day noyhing wrong with that ,but that was sometimes made with sauces from leftover veg ,one day fish in green sauce was a white sauce with the only the only green in it was sprouts,they did have a pasta on most nights and a salad part but very little choice on ,.deserts where also very limited mainly tubs of ice cream,yogurts,fruit and small cakes and jelly type things.I cannot comment much on breakfast as I am not one who gets up for one.After a few days we gave up and despite beinf AI eat out.If you being AI, you can purchase branded drinks for half price which is good,The rooms seriously need some kind of sound proofing as I could here the person in the next room having mobile phone conversations quite clearly.,the beds are the most uncomfortable I have ever lay down on,and the pillows not much better,I asked and was given another no problem,but still went and bought my own.I know people revisit this hotel time and time again,but sadly I wont.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear jumoll,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.
We appreciate all feedback we get from our Guests.
With regards to the food, you are giving me the opportunity to point some things out, and please receive my gratitude for this favour. We NEVER heat leftovers or use them for other meals. This is strictly forbidden in Spain and it is against our values. What is not eaten by our Guests from the buffet is given to our staff members.
I am sorry that some aspects of the Regente did not meet your expectations, but I am glad to see you found the Hotel remarkably clean and that you think our staff is polite and helpful.

I would like to invite you to visit other Medplaya Hotels in Benidorm or our other Hotels in beach resorts on the Spanish coastline.
Please, feel free to contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com
Kind regards,

Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
falkirk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

Just back from a weeks hols at this hotel in Benidorm and I must say it was good overall.
The food was good, rooms clean, friendly staff, hotel was very well kept throughout.
If I have one complaint its this, there wasnt too much of a choice with the food, but what was there was very good and well cooked and hot which you dont always get in Spain. I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Dont be afraid to try this hotel. Well worth a visit.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Gateshead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Just returned from a week on my own.Hotel absolutely clinically clean.Staff cant do enough to help.Dining room has an alcohol rinse before you enter,A visible window means you can see the chefs work,again spotlessly clean.Food varied,always hot,you would have to be a professional moaner to fault it..Book all inclusive while your there,10 Euros a day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
chesterfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

just returned from another week at the regente,thankyou miguel for sorting out my requests,perfect rooms on the second floor,this hotel is spotless rooms cleaned every day with fresh towels,breakfast,dinner and tea were again amazing,the bar staff are excellent and very freindly,and so is michael who works very hard to entertain everyone, met some fantastic people,everyone in this hotel are very freindly. thankyou regente staff for making our stay perfect again.

Room Tip: first or second floor rooms,not far to walk as lifts are slow.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
North East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We've just returned from a 4 night all-inclusive break at the Regente and would agree with previous reviews of the hotel. We'd recommend the hotel to you as it provides everything you'd need and value for money.
The hotel was spotlessly clean everywhere. The lifts probably do get busy - but we never had an issue.
We had a pool facing room on the 6th floor and it was comfortable and well positioned for the sun. There may be some issues with soundproofing in the rooms, however this didn't bother us during our stay. Rooms don't make noise on their own - it's the people in them that create the sounds!! While we were there the hotel dealt really well with an issue that arose in this respect.
The food isn't fancy, but is plentiful, well cooked and there is a decent range to choose from. Soups, salads and fresh fruit were great. The paella was superb, although there was more demand than supply - so you had to be quick!
It's well worth going all inclusive or up tariffing when you get there (10e per day min 4 days). San Miguel lager and the house wines/spirits were as good as any. You can also have a toastie/sandwich in the afternoon if you miss the lunch - and can ask for packed lunches.
We were pleased by the good standard of evening entertainment. Bingo and quizzes etc were well organised and the singing acts were very good on the whole. There's a disco/karaoke at the end of the night.
We hired bikes for a couple of days and were able to keep them in the luggage room overnight, which was really helpful.
Paula and her team of staff at this hotel were all very helpful and very friendly. However strangely there is one exception to this, which is that barman mentioned in other reviews - it wasn't pleasant going to the bar when he was there and it's a shame, as he does represent the one and only real fault found on our stay. By the way, his attitude was in relation to us getting coffee - in case you wonder if we were causing him bother by being drunk.
The hotel is really convenient for the market, which is held on Sunday and Wednesday.

The lovely weather made it a fantastic break.

Room Tip: Pool facing gets the sun. Only 2 lifts, so choose a lower floor if you prefer to take the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello BellaBlott,

Thank you very much for your kind words. I know who you are, not many people hire bikes!!!
I told 'my team' you were really happy with them. You made us laugh! :-)
We very much appreciate that you recommend us. And I am sure your extensive review will help other Guests have an idea of what to expect at the Hotel Regente.
I am happy to know you enjoyed your time with us and will take your comments into consideration in order to improve our service.

I would like to take the chance also to apologize with other Guests for not having time enough lately to answer all reviews!! The blog, Facebook and emails are taking a bit more time lately. Will try my best to find some more time to TripAdvisor. Promise. Starting now.
We will be looking forward to seeing you back.
Best regards,

Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Reception staff just as efficient and friendly as ever.Meals hot and replenished frequently.Staff throughout all very friendly .What i like especially about this hotel is that the entertainment is very good.So many hotels you stay in have naff entertainment.There are a lot of single people who go to this hotel year after year and form friendships.If you are single,this is a fantastic hotel,there's no reason for you to have to go out of an evening.There is something for everyone.You can take your laptop because there is free wi-fi in the reception area. If you want to call home don't use a payphone or your mobile,if you go out the main entrance and turn left then right ,literally 2 mins walk away on the right,there is an internet cafe where you can make a call i made several calls to the uk and it cost me 2 euros for 9 mins.There is a library where you can help yourself to a book as long as you return it when you have finished with it.The maid cleans the room everyday and replaces the towels etc,they are very friendly and just get on with their work.In the room there is a tv where you can watch bbc1 and itv1 if you dont feel like going out.The weather was fab,i got a decent tan wihtout feeling too hot.
The hotel is in a good location,about 10 mins walk from the beach,but its not a strenuous walk.We are booked to go back in October as we love Benidorm and this hotel in my opinion will take some beating!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Suffolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I've just returned from a stay at the Regente (with my mum and two children, aged 3 and 1) and absolutely loved it! The hotel is spotlessly clean, the (majority) of staff are exceptionally friendly (Antonio and Pedro really stood out for me!) and the food is of a high standard. It was my first time in Benidorm and this hotel is ideally situated if you like a more peaceful holiday, a short walk to the promenade/beach. Overall, a fantastic 3 star hotel which I would recommend anyone to visit!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to MedPlaya Hotel Regente? Share your experiences!