“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
yorkshire
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here as a single traveller from 10-17 June 2013.

I had spotted this hotel on previous visits to Benidorm and decided I would stay there at some point.

It looks very contemporary, modern, and a perfect location on the East side of Levante beach, located right on the promenade itself, with virtually all rooms appearing to have a balcony / sea view, and very photogenic.

I booked this as part of an overall package, and on arrival was allocated a room on the 5th floor, however it didnt have a balcony or sea view, except a huge white wall partially blocking what view there was inland wards, I went to the reception and queried this, the reaction wasn't very welcoming, and was told that the best rooms were usually booked up a year in advance.

The room itself was pleasant enough, basically a double room being utilised as a single, it had a safe locker for valuables, however the mini-bar / fridge was on the small side.

There was a gym, bar where there was some entertainment most evenings.

The meals were nothing special, mostly a repetitive menu... considering this was a 4 star classification, this was a bit disappointing the contemporary theme was also lost a little in the cutlery, 63 year old I found the dining- knife especially a nightmare to use purely on design.

The meal times were typically set morning and evening ( for me it was half board).

The locaction right on the promenade was brilliant, and I went for an after breakfast walk on the full length of the promenade and back, joining in with the many visitors and locals doing the same was great.

Once again , the location was ideal even for getting to many of the other parts of the resort itself.

I like Benidorm, with so much to offer during the day and especially the evening time, I really enjoyed my 7 day trip, was able to chill out day and night!!

Personally speaking as a hotel to stay at, I dont honestly feel the Brisa Hotel (overall) is quite up to the 4 star rating it carries, and having kept my promise to stay there I can now tick it off my list of desirables, and would give it at the most a 3.5star rating if such a thing would be possible.

Room Tip: It appears you need to book a year in advance for the best sea view rooms with balconies, that i...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I returned from my first trip to Benidorm with my friend last monday.We stayed here for 5 days and I can honestly say this is one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in abroad and I will definitely be returning.

The rooms are bright and airey even though we were on the first floor,the beds are really comfortable the bathrooms are modern and tasteful with the best power shower you could wish for and we had maid service and clean towels everyday.
We stayed bed and breakfast and the only negative was the English breakfast which was quite overdone and didnt seem to be being replenished which meant as time went by it started to look a little dried,however there was plenty of cereal,fruits.yoghourts,cheeses and breads etc to be able to make a meal.

One plus point is that this little hotel is right on the beach which is brilliant as the pool is tiny and the sundeck has room for less than a dozen sun loungers but there are plenty of tables and chairs so you can sit out with a nice drink and watch the world go by if you wish.

The nightlife clubs and bars are less than a 10 minute walk away if you want them and there are some nice cafes and bars right by the hotel for a more relaxed kind of evening.
The staff are friendly and helpful and even weighed our cases for us when we asked before we left.
So next time I visit Benidorm this is where I shall be staying if they are not already booked up, so go here with confidence :o)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Didcot
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Ideally located overlooking Levante beach, this is a peaceful and clean modern small hotel that has a really comfortable bed and fantastic power shower. We stayed mid May the start of the season. We are in our late 40's and travel to Spain every 6-7 weeks in season and have stayed in many Hotels. This is the best by miles so we have booked again for early June. Isidoro Fernández garcia who speaks 5 languages is an absolute asset to Brisa and made check-in and check-out a wonderful experience. We up-graded to front sea-view which was brilliant though all rooms are the same and have a sea view. We had breakfast which there was plenty of options and very good. I can not comment on other meals as we eat out but the wine list was good and prices are very reasonable.

Room Tip: 404 great views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Small hotel, recently renovated throughout. Excellent view from balcony overlooking Levante beach well worth paying a little extra for. Small buffet but enough to choose from. Well equipped gym. Mini bar in room, glasses required.

Room Tip: Middle room any floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
doncaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Just returned from the Hotel Brisa, hotel is very clean, lots of hot water, lovely showers, staff were lovely, beds comfortable, we had requested a front facing view but had a side room but it still had a fantastic view and sun in late afternoon, you could hear the sound of the sea which was lovely, we traveled with my 83 year old Dad, a disabled friend my hubby and myself, unfortunately my Dad had a room without a balcony which was a bit disappointing, but he said it was ok, the disabled room was fine when we had moved most of the furniture to enable the use the wheelchair and luckily there were 2 beds in the room so we were able to place the spare mattress on top of the other as it was too low for our friend to get in and out of. There is a gym in the hotel which was good, it's a lovely quiet hotel, we were the only Brits until our last night, most visitors seemed to be French or Spanish,this wasn't a problem for us, we didn't use the hotel bar of an evening as we went out every night so cant comment.

Food wise more to Spanish taste but hey, not many hotels I know of in England do paella, what was there was well cooked and all of us managed to find something we could ea every night, sweets were not very varied but there was plenty of fruit. ice cream and yogurts, breakfast was the better meal. All in all, we had a great holiday and I would definitely use this hotel again, I would really emphasis a front facing room though if you like a sunny balcony all day. the room WITHOUT the balcony was number 213, the side facing ones we were in were room 511 and 108.

Room Tip: Ask for front facing if you like sunny, all day balcony
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I chose this small hotel on the Levante beach for a bit of a treat after losing my partner last year. The location is fantastic if you enjoy the sound of the sea rather than late night party animals but is still close to plenty of entertainment. I had paid about £40 extra to ensure a sea view and a place to relax in the sun rather than the backward facing single rooms and was a little disappointed to find I had a shady " balcony" which could just about fit a plastic chair. There was no room for negotiation and was told with a shrug that everyone asks for a sea view.
The room itself was very nice however ; modern decor, flat-screen tv, comfortable bed and a fantastic power shower. There was also efficient electric heating for the odd chilly night.
The food was good but not great and geared more towards continental taste but I always found something I liked and was usually lucky to have a table overlooking the sea if I avoided the first hour of service. The entertainment was not to my taste but that was not a problem.
I was unfortunate enough to have ants in the room but they moved me very quickly to another.
I had been promised a breakfast out of normal dining hours due to my early start but there was nothing available on the morning, not even hot water for a cup of tea. But I cannot really fault the service especially when the younger male receptionist brought my purse (which had fallen out of my flight bag) out to the bus stop before my departure. All in all a good week but wouldn't suit someone relying on British type food, company and entertainment.

Room Tip: Don't bother paying extra for a sunny sea view if you are a single traveller unless you are guar...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A friend and I spent a week here in September 2012. We were impressed by the quality of rooms (especially the beds) and location (right opposite the beach).

The staff, bar one or two, were incredibly friendly and at meal times couldn't do enough for you. On the subject of food, a little more choice would be welcome, but the quality was very high. The desserts were a tad disappointing and bland.

The terrace is perfect for watching the world go by with your morning coffee and in the evening a nice place to relax and unwind while listening to the, sometimes cheesy, but fun, singers.

I would definitely stay here next time I'm I town.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Brisa? Share your experiences!