“Stopped in for Tapas” 3 of 5 stars

Callejon de Santo Domingo s / n, 03501 Benidorm, Spain
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Aurrera el Bodegon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #226 of 516 Restaurants in Benidorm
Cuisines: Seafood, Spanish, Healthy
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The charm of a traditional basque country restaurant in a unique atmosphere. Traditional and basque cuisine. Spacious lounge and an exquisite service, all with the most exquisite products from the north of Spain.
St. Louis, MO
“Stopped in for Tapas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The tapas here were delicious, however they lose a start for presentation and speed. I enjoyed the atmosphere. We were in Benidorm while they were burning the effigies as they do every year during Easter season. It was a party atmosphere, and a great night overall.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Kerteminde, Denmark
“My favorite tapas-bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I simply love this place. I have been here at least once every year the last six years.
I´m looking forward to come again next week - and in may.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Benitachell, Spain
“very disappointed.........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our second visit to this tapas restaurant ( first time was October 2011 ) and I was bitterly disappointed. It wasn't busy but the staff took their time to take our order. The white wine was poor and the bread & alioli was ridiculously expensive at 7.50 euros for 4 !! We've lived in Spain for 13 years and never paid that before. Having said that, the paella was huge and tasty but the "bread rip-off" and poor service have put me off ever going there again; especially since there are so many nice places to eat in Benidorm !

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ignacio G, Gerente at Aurrera el Bodegon, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear customer:

I am writing to ask my apologies for the disappointment in his second visit to our restaurant Tapas Aurrera still life. I also admit that if the amount of bread 7.50 Ali Oli was clearly a mistake since the price of four slices of bread with garlic mayonnaise is 1.50 and if so, I would refund the fair. Also I apologize for the delay of our waiter, not typical because they normally have to move very quickly through the large number of customers that we habitually. I totally agree with you in Benidorm there are many nice places where you can eat very well our group has seven well sites and would love to introduce them and invite you to try any of them and positively to meet the disappointment he had with us.

Regards

Group Coordinator Aurrera
Moraira
“decent tapas !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

a great place to sit at the bar and eat decent, tasty tapas, we can eat here for four people (2adults + 2children) for no more than €30. I would recommend going about 4pm for a late lunch as it gets really busy around proper lunchtime and the service does get a little sporadic, sit at the bar and order what looks good you shouldnt be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bergen, Norway
“Enjoyable tapas!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Spanish tapas at its best; on the "tapas" street in Benidorm. Food perfect: all chosen dishes were superior. Excellent house wines, ex Riebera del Duero. Drop the desserts.... Go early, packed with people later. One minus: bad napkins. Can't stand the small "plastic" type... Efficient staff getting tour order quickly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere