“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida Derramador 4, 03503 Benidorm, Spain   |
Ranked #15 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed at the Calypso for a week 1st week in August this was our second time. Travelled with my sister and 2 other couples. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the bathrooms have been modernised with a great walk In power shower!

My sister and I were on the top floor (11) with a really small balcony compared to our parents who were on the 7th floor their balcony was at least double the size of ours! If you can request a room with a street view (facing Morgans Tavern) and Ambassador, also I would have to say that been on the top floor we could never get the free wifi! So we went to our parents room to use it. Those would be my only complaints.
The food is really good with plenty of choice for all! I'm quite a fussy eater but always found something I liked. They have the show cooking every night with different choices of meats varying from steaks, veal, pork, chicken etc. I found there was a lot of fish too such as swordfish.
There were always plenty of salad, pizza, cold meats etc.
My favourite night was the Mexican themed night!
All the staff are friendly and go out of their way to help you.
The pool area is large with plenty of sunbeds available.
I never noticed any entertainment at the hotel but that never bothered us as we always ventured out to the many bars and pubs of benidorm.
I think the location of the hotel is brilliant- 5 to 10 minute walk to the Levante beach and also close to the bars with a short walk to the main square strip with the most nightlife.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Just got back yesterday and stayed from the 19 - 27th Aug, just me and my daughter.
We had a lovely room on the 6th floor, a decent size, but not a great view, which was fine for us. The bathroom was a good size, and the shower was lovely with plenty of hot water.

The food was very good lots of choices' and they had a few themed food nights whilst we were there. The daytime entertainment was ok, but I can only comment on one as we only did the water aerobics which was led by Oscar who was very good (many thanks Oscar you were great!!).

The evening entertainment was more geared to the older generation with just dancing (although the music was good) the entertainment could have been better. It looks like we missed out on a great evening the day we were leaving as they were decorating the bar area for a tropical evening.

On the whole a lovely clean hotel, good food and only about a ten minute walk to the beach, lots of places to eat out if your on a half board basis like we were. The only thing and its a small thing if I had to moan about something is the fact that we had to pay for a drink with our evening meal other than that I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a higher room if want a peaceful nights sleep.
Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

we have just got back from a weeks stay on the 17 to the 24th of august .. the hotel was very clean we had a family room, and the bathroom was really a good size and very modern we had a lovely large balcony too plenty of space .... the food was excellent . only one thing really we found that alot of the dishes was fish and out of the four of us only one person ate fish and in our weeks stay they had alot of fish on two nights ,, we would go back and stay at this hotel the staff were always pleasant and happy to help over all i would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends ....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed here for the second time this year, thoroughly enjoyed it again. Nice friendly reception staff, room was ready as soon as we arrived, & you get 2 free drinks at the bar if you book direct on their website. Only did bed & breakfast, rooms were cool, air conditioned & comfy & breakfast was nice. We didn't stay here for the evening entertainment as it wasn't to our taste (ball room dancing). But it was a lovely stay & couldn't fault it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Hebburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Just returned from a family trip staying at the Calypso. Party of 7 and we had 3 rooms. The rooms were cleaned every day and had a hairdryer, safe (fee payable locally 10 euro deposit and then 2 euros per day hire) and fridge.
Always plenty sunbeds around the pool no matter what time you went, we spent most mornings at the beach and then the afternoon around the pool, when you could play water polo if you wanted.
We were full board and the meals were Ok, but not brilliant. Some nights were theme nights, italian, oriental and seafood, also had food available from the grill, usually meat and fish.
I stayed at the Calypso in February 2013 and to be honest I thought the food was better in the winter than the summer.
Only issue we had was the noise on a night time from the street, my parents room overlooked the main street and it was very noisy, sometimes even still by 7.30am.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will return to the hotel, obviously requesting a room not near the front.

Leigh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Booking the weekend break for my mum and myself I thought this hotel was on the expensive side, however on arrival and during the 3 nights we stayed, it was worth the money. We booked for full board and found the food to be of a good standard. The room wasn't the biggest however clean and serviced daily.. The updated shower room was very nice.. I would definitely return..

Room Tip: A front room gives you sun on the balcony late afternoon
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We stayed here as a group of 5 girls for 3 nights in August.
The hotel is in an excellent location literally across the road from the start of the 'strip' and about 10 mins walk to the beach.
Reception staff are very friendly & helpful. Rooms are clean, we stayed in a triple room & thankfully they were all proper beds so nobody had to sleep on a campbed. Usual stuff in the room tv, safe, mini fridge, lots of wardrobe space & hangers too, air con which worked well. Large narrow balcony with a clothes dryer, plus a table & 3 chairs we had a view over the hotel next door / pool (room 618) There is a hair dryer in the bathroom, nice large shower & small sachets of shower gel, shampoo etc available. Looks like the bathrooms have been recently modernised.
We stayed half board & the food was good always plenty of choice & refreshed regularly - however if we had know how cheap it was to eat out we probably would have just booked room only.
We didn't use the pool as all the surrounding hotels are build so high that for half of the day the pool is shaded unless your happy to keep hopping to different beds but we chose the beach which was really nice.
The only small negatives about the hotel were that there are about 9 floors & only 2 lifts were working - these lifts only take a max of 4 people so we spent a bit of time waiting for lifts up & down (minor I know) also the flooring in the corridors is wooden laminate type so when people were heading in & out, children running along the corridors it could be quite noisy !
Overall nice clean hotel in great location.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Servigroup Calypso? Share your experiences!