“Served its purpose in Pamplona” 2 of 5 stars
Review of NH Pamplona Iruna Park

You added NH Pamplona Iruna Park to your Saves list
NH Pamplona Iruna Park
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arcadio Ma. Larraona, 1 | San Juan, 31008 Pamplona, Spain (Formerly NH Iruna Park)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
€15 for your next stay
Ranked #13 of 36 Hotels in Pamplona
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Served its purpose in Pamplona”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We asked for a non-smoking room but our sheets smelled of it-- yuck. There was also what looked like ample red wine stains on the wall. The front desk staff acted like we were such inconveniences when we asked for something-- cab or whatever.

I really wasn't impressed with the quality, but it was San Fermin after all!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Trinity
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We just returned from two nights at the NH Iruna Park during San Fermin. We chose the hotel since it was about a 20 minute walk to the old town and would provide us with an escape from the noise at night since we had our two young daughters with us. We had two rooms on the first floor since you cannot have more than 3 people in a single room. Rooms were a good size and we found them to be very clean.

Noise was not a big problem, but being on the first floor we could hear the loud groups returning at night following the fireworks.

The hotel is located next to two large parks and they are great for taking walks, playing or simply lounging in the grass. Several restaurants are nearby and you can find just about anything you want. Just know how to read a Spanish menu, because except for at the hotel we never found one.

The front desk always has at least one bilingual employee working and they will do their best to assist you with whatever you need.

The internet is free for 30 minutes in the lobby or $11 Euro a day from your room. Not the best value, but it did work well. We never got a chance to try the breakfast that we heard so many wonderful things about. Breakfast was included in our balcony package we purchased to watch the running of the bulls. We did try lunch one day and I must say that the service at lunch time was awful. It took nearly an hour and a half to get sandwiches and pasta, and it cost about $80 USD, and they couldn't get their credit card machine to work.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Reception were very friendly and helpful and although the front of the hotel is not very appealing it is a very clean and modern hotel.

Wifi is only free in the reception area (there is a charge if using the internet in your room) and if you want a drink whilst on line in the reception.... the bar area is across the reception hall and through some double doors.There are no waiters so you need to get your own drink!

Rooms are very spacious and Modern with good facilities and a very large bed. I was on the 9th floor so the views were really good!

Breakfast is wonderful ..... one of the best hotel choices I have had whilst in Spain. Lots of hot and cold food, varying fresh fruits and many different cakes, pastries and Croissants.... even walnuts, dried fruit and dried coconut to put in yoghurt's etc!! So I was in heaven, as I am very fussy with breakfast!!!!!
There was a huge selection....so to have the option to choose what you really like eating was wonderful!!

The hotel is a bit of a walk into the old town through a couple of park areas but only took me about 20 minutes and it was good to have a stroll and soak in some sun shine! A very quaint and traditional town with narrow streets and shops. Also a lovely town square... which at the time had a folk dance festival going on....this was very was interesting to watch as all the dancers and even the live musicians were dressed in traditional costume.

No matter what others have said about the hotel I think it is good value, comfortable and clean!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The Spanish seem to overrate their hotels, compared with North American ratings. I would call this a three star hotel, not four. The room was average, with laminate flooring. The tub was small, but there was a marble counter in the bathroom. Cudos for providing a wash cloth, something not provided by many European hotels. The lighting was good. The Internet in the "business centre", i.e. the computer in the lobby, was utterly useless. The computer was slower than a dial-up, and would time out after 10 minutes, which was not long enough to get it to do anything. I was unable to ever get to the point of sending a brief email. I have had Internet 100 times better in Latin American countries. (On this trip I learned that I am going to have to get some kind of tablet computer, as free, or even pay computers in the lobby are almost extinct.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have been by the same hotel the second time (my last visit was ca 5 years ago and I did not have Tripadvisor accoutn than) and second time I am a bit surprised on how much less value you are getting from the hotel of this category.

Well I shall start with positive points:

1. The staff is rather friendly, yet not too efficient (see below in the negative points)
2. Rooms are spacy
3. Bathroom with bud is very nice to have
4. Breakfast is almost the best you may expect for this part of the day - this one shall give an extra point, yet I have degraded it due to

Negative points:

1. Internet WIFI in the room are not free - you may get one for ca 11 euro a day or 5 euro an hour - for the hotel of 4 stars with rooms at ca 100 euro a night - defenetly not acceptable - and I shall degrade any hotel with three and more stars at least one point in the rating if there is not free internet in the rooms!!! So those plus for breakfast went off! You have a nice connection option in the loby - yet for half an hour (or you need an extra ticket for prolongation) and it looks funny when a banch of people sitting in the lobby and trying to get the Skype connection ... not nice anyway

2. Unfortunatelly to call in the hotel was also not easy - my wife tryed to reach me at the morning between 6 and 7 am - there was always answering machine and noone to pick up at the reception and hotel has no direct dialing to the rooms!!!! So freindly staff was not very customer friendly at the end of the story! Thus I had to call back home and paid ca 4 euro for a minute of talk!

3. Hotel is out of the city - so if you stay there - allow ca 20 minutes to walk to city center, if you with you car - consider rather complicated parking situation - at the everning most of the free places are gone and you need to buy no so cheap parking from the hotel - another robbery of the guests!

4. The hotel is centrally conditioned - means - noisy system at the night (you need to be carefull with the cold anyway with central system additionally with the allergy agents) or you have to open the window - not too effecient and too noisy at the morning!

5. In the toilet there were no toiled bulb brush - I though it was just my room bad luck - yet there was the same by my colleagues - well not very funny at the end - you need to clean it either by hand or let room girl do it...

6. Hotel is fulled with the bus groups - which makes overall uncosy place simply crowded and unfriendly for someone looking for solitude!

As I said - the hotel is rather simple - try to squeese the customer and milk him out at any point - we were to stay there as the company policy, yet I would double recommend to reconsider the stay there if you go to Pamplona for longer stay! In San Fermin days - the cost of the room goes to the sky - ca 300 euro a night and it is defenetly does not worth it!!!

My advise - stay away and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay away of this one if you may - otherwise all rooms I have seen are the same
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Attard, Malta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

From the outside the hotel is one massive ugly modern block. We booked a triple room but at first they gave us a double room and stuffed a iron bed in it. The room was too small to accommodate 3 adults. We instantly complained, at first they said the rooms were all the same size but after a lot of complaining they finally gave us a bigger room albeit still with an iron bed. The hotel had 10 floors but only 3 lifts which was inconvenient, and many a time we spent a lot of time in the lift going up and down. The hotel is far from the centre of Pamplona and there is nothing to do in the vicinity.

The good points were that the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and we had good sleep quality.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Valencia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I've stayed here three times in the past four months and have had no problems at all. The other review that says this is boring is correct because it is a chain hotel, but sometimes boring is acceptable if you want not surprises. The room is predictably clean; the bed comfortable, the bathrooms are a bit worn and small, but that's ok. On this recent stay, we were in a suite with a king bed in one room with a living area separated by a sliding door. Our 17 year old slept on the sofa bed and did not complain. The buffet breakfast in the basement is varied and my only complaint is the price: 17 euros per person for breakfast is rather steep.
It is about a 20 minute walk from the city center which we did not mind because we were also going to events on the University of Navarra campus about a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction. All in all, we will probably return again and again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to NH Pamplona Iruna Park? Share your experiences!