“A good hotel near Murcia city centre” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Silken Siete Coronas
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo de Garay 5, 30003 Murcia, Spain   |
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Murcia
Vlierden, The Netherlands
“A good hotel near Murcia city centre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel used to be the number one hotel in Murcia. It is a typical hotel with lots of marble, as you find a lot of them in Spain. The room is spacious, the bed is good, the bathroom starts to show its age. Wifi is free but you need to use a code to get online and more of that you need a code for each device you have.The breakfast is buffet style in a very big breakfastroom. There where not too many people in the hotel so I felt a bit lonely sitting there. All in all a good experience especially taking into considertion the rate I paid. For me personally, if a hotel is a bit more cosy or warmer I would like it better. Would I go back? maybe but maybe try some other ptions first to see if I can find something that I like better.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm coming to the area around Murcia for five years now and rent outside the city. I do a few overnight stays in the city every year and I use several of the good hotels in town. I must say that the Silken Seven Coronas can hold its own with any hotel in any major city. The staff I must say were the most welcoming that I have come across in a long time. The room bed and bathroom were what one expects in a four star hotel. Breakfast was also good , for what I paid for my one night stay was a surprise to me (€52) and can't wait until I'm back there again. Murcia city is well worth a visit if only to relax and see the beautiful buildings around the city. So come and enjoy. TomC

Room Tip: Rooms to the front have a nice view of the river
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Denia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

I'm mixed about our stay here - although I would stay again! The location is very convenient for the cathedral and other sights and restaurants. The staff were very friendly and helpful. But when we arrived all of the surrounding car parking spaces and the hotel car park were closed off because of a political conference. We eventually parked over the river. And on the last morning there was no hot water - apparently there had been a power cut. We had reserved a superior double and yes the room was quiet but, although we were facing the river, it had hardly any view because of the high wall on the (inaccessible) balcony. We had the usual robes and slippers but I don't know what was superior about it as it was a small and ordinary room. Not worth the upgrade (although I hadn't seen the normal doubles so maybe they are tiny).

Puerto de Mazarron, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

We needed a hotel near the Teatro Romea that we were visiting for a flamenca show and this hotel ticked the boxes. Instead of playing 15€ for parking, we parked in the street nearby. There is loads of parking, it just takes a bit of looking and luck when someone drives off. Room was very comfortabel, quiet and lots of freebies. Staff were friendly. The room cost just 51€. We had breakfast in a nearby cafe/bar and met a neighbour who lives four doors up from us in Bolnuevo. Great show and a littel retail therapy.

Portsmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

Stayed for one night half-board in this hotel whilst visiting Murcia. Paid 15 Euros to park which I thought was a bit steep but could find no parking space within walking distance of the hotel. Staff are excellent, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was also very good, huge choice. Evening meal was OK but was served in the café rather than a proper restaurant which is a bit disappointing when you are looking forward to a nice meal with your wife. Room was large enough, bathroom just a tiny bit "tired" but perfectly acceptable.
All-in-all, this hotel was fine, especially given it's excellent location - in walking distance of the Cathedral and other attractions.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

I found the hotel on TripAdvisor and thought it looked a good place to stay - it exceeded my expectations. The staff at the reception desk were extremely friendly and efficient. The room on the 5th floor was tastefully furnished with a huge bed. There was a well stocked mini bar and snacks at a very reasonable price. The bathroom had a bath with a good shower, bidet , washbasin and toilet. Shower gel, shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, razor, shoe cleaner and small sewing kit all provided. The wardrobe was large with adequate hangers. A security box was inside the wardrobe. The television reception was good.Ask at the reception desk for the wifi password which changed each day for free wifi.
Best of all was the breakfast - loads of choice , fresh and delicious.
Can't wait to go back in December.
Thanks for a lovely stay. Lorna

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

We arrived on a late flight from England and knowing we would in advance , my lady friend took it upon herself took book this hotel for a couple of days , so we could continue to our destination fresh and awake.
How pleased we were when we got to the hotel, she couldn't have chosen a better place.
We ended up spending 2 nights so as to sight see Murcia and it's wonderful cathedral.
We were able to park our car across the road for free and as it turns out, were able to keep an eye on it from our room.
The staff at the check in desk were all well spoken in English and extremely pleasant and cheerful in their manner. With the minimum amount of fuss we were given our keys and directed to our room.
The room was compact but had literally everything one needed. The view from our window was pleasing and we were able to open the window fully although the room itself was not stuffy or too warm like so many hotels are.
The hotel itself was grand and extremely spacious and clean. It had a very nice bar which we made use of the first evening.
The icing on the cake came the next morning. I remember the days when a continental breakfast meant two croissants small pack of butter and two cups of coffee. I have never seen a breakfast layout so huge, offering everything to suit everyone in all my 67 yrs of visiting hotels. It was a joy to behold literally spoiled for choice.
We plan to stay there again soon in December on our way to Almeria and can't wait.
Well done to Silken Siete and all your kind and friendly staff.
Jules D'Silva

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Silken Siete Coronas? Share your experiences!