“If it looks like a hostel....and feels like a hostel....” 2 of 5 stars

Eden Paraiso Neptuno
Montera 6, 28013 Madrid, Spain (Centro)   |
Ranked #288 of 458 hotels in Madrid
San Francisco
“If it looks like a hostel....and feels like a hostel....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

...You probably should not be paying the price of a hotel! I am very surprised by all of the positive reviews. Walking in to the reception area I thought maybe the hotel was under renovation, but it appeared not to be after all. There was hair in the bed. There was hair in the shower. The AC would not cool down the room, which might not have been a problem with a room on a lower floor or the window actually opened. We asked twice to have the AC examined, both times the problem appeared to be fixed but was not. Was too warm to sleep, and in addition to the very thin walls, which even allowed you to hear the person next room using the bathroom and blowing his or her nose. Wifi connection did not work for our iPhones, and it is only offered in the common area.

Location clearly is what you pay for and it is quiet convenient, right in the Puerta del Sol 1 min from the metro. The receptionists were nice and helpful. However, would not recommend this area to stay in unless you enjoy being amongst masses of tourist. Was not happy paying the price upon departure though was happy to get out ASAP in the morning. Stay at your own risk- consider yourself warned!

Room Tip: on the bottom floors so its not too hot in your room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had a wonderful stay at Eden Paraiso Neptuno. I had booked a single room, but was kindly upgraded to a room overlooking the street with a balcony (which is what I had wished for).
I didn't have breakfast in the hotel, so I can't coment on that...but I can say that the staff was always helpful and with a smile.
it's 3 steps from the metro, which is a big plus.
the room was a perfect size for me...the wifi does not reach the rooms (at least mine, 3rd floor) but that was not much of an issue, I went to the breakfast room (1st floor) and the wifi worked perfectly.
It is a noisy area (like most city centers), but I knew from the start before booking, and that was not an issue for me...it was nice to see all the people walk by from my balcony.
The airconditioner worked great...cooled the room very quickly, and that was one of the reasons I booked this hotel, because of the individual air conditioners in each room, as some other hotels, didnt have that option. (some hotels have AC that they control).
The room was nicely decorated, modern, clean, and a great value for what I paid.
I would definitly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: Very inexpensive breakfast a few steps from hotel, in Puerta del Sol. A Cafe and a pastry for less t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Basildon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I booked this hotel for a short break in Madrid after reading reviews on trip advisor and I wasn't disappointed. I was greeted very warmly by the receptionist and provided with suggestions of suitable restaurants in the surrounding area. My room was interior with no view but also very quiet so could sleep soundly! It was spotlessly clean with a super bathroom and power shower. I did not have breakfast in the hotel but there were many cafes in the area as the hotel was only steps from Puerto del Sol. I loved Museo de Jambon which had a counter for breakfast and seemed to be where all the local people ate so had a really good atmosphere! At all times the staff were very friendly and helpful, even fixing my air conditioning control very late at night. The hotel is so central to all Madrid has to offer and I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: interior rooms are quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Plovdiv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed in Eden Paraiso Neptuno in Madrid for one night. The hotel is 1 min away from the nearest metro station and neraby the hotel were supermarkets, shops and restaurants. The location of hotel is the best, because it is right on the shopping street in central Madrid. It was great! The staff was helpful and was english speaking. For this price the hotel was great. If we go back to Madrid we definitely we will stay again there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

The location is very central. Close to the metro and walkable to the Atocha train station. The rooms are new and clean. Our room had AC. The hotel let us check in early without any issue. Giving it a 3 star because the walls are thin. We stayed here 4 nights and one night we had a hard time sleeping because the neighbor had the TV on all night. Other than that, this was a great place for us for we only needed a basic room to stay in Madrid while we explore the city day and night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Kent, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had a triple room in this hotel, I found it a compact and viable option, the room was clean and air-conditioned. Most importantly it's location just of the main square (SOL) made it easy to find and easy to explore Madrid.

Free Wi Fi if you went and sat on the first floor dining area and the staff were very helpful.

We opted not to buy the breakfast with the hotel as it was cheaper to go outdoors with lots of options about but I would stay here again for convenience since it was clean and located in a good place.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My mom and I stayed at the Eden Neptuno . We read the reviews previously and the fact that it was in the center of everything we booked it...The hotel has all the basic things you need. It is not a five star hotel but it isn't a hostel either. We had a very clean room with above average furniture, the bathroom is very nice.I was a little surprised , because when you see it from the outside, and the small lobby, you are thinking the worst, but it was a great surprise. All the sight seeing, shopping ,and food is walking distance , even the free shuttle that takes you to the airport...the only bad thing is ,since it is in the center of everything , the city never sleeps....so if your room is towards the street, you may have to be a heavy sleeper because it can be pretty loud,The room has a small window that you can walk out of and enjoy the scene....don't do the breakfast there , it isn't worth 5 euros...but I would stay here again , especially if you are on a budge but you are also used to the finer things in life .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Eden Paraiso Neptuno? Share your experiences!