“More marketing than good food” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Panza Es Primero

La Panza Es Primero
Calle Libertad, 33, 28004 Madrid, Spain (Chueca)
+34 915217640
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Panza Es Primero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,268 of 7,162 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chueca
Description: La Panza es Primero is located on Calle Libertad in the heart of Madrid's emblematic barrio of Chueca. The restaurant, which opened in 2000, converted the old wine cellar at this location into an authentic Mexican canteen, decorated with typical objects from Mexican culture, such as a five metre virgin of Guadalupe and a free wrestling ring! At La Panza es Primero diners can enjoy Mexican food, full of the bold flavours, colours and aromas of Mexico combined with Spanish ingredients, creating a happy fusion. Diners will find friendly and personal service in this colourful and fun restaurant as well as authentic Mexican culture.
Madrid, Spain
“More marketing than good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have been to several of this group`s restaurants and this one is the restaurant I prefer the less, the decoration is funny, the staff is friendly but the food is not great, some recipes are a really weird adaptation of mexican food, I would recommend some of the other mexicans nearby, even from the same owners. Grab a beer or tequila and just have fun with friends in this place.

Visited December 2012

Barcelona
“good mexican food but not so economic as it should be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

it's near Chueca so the prize is not as economic as it should be. the food is good but the ingredients are really cheap, so...
the service is good and the decorations is quite funny

Berlin, Germany
“Don't go here. Food is not good. Tacky design. Service good. Lively atmosphere.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

A friend and I didn't have a reservation anywhere on a Saturday night in Madrid. There were long waits for several restaurants we went to, so in the end we went to La Panza. Now I know why there was no wait here. The food really is not very good. When I eat out, I want something I couldn't make at home or better than I could make myself. We ordered nachos with gaucamole, enchiladas, etc....nothing tasty and not presented in an appetizing way. The room we sat in was next to the kitchen and was so warm we were sweating. The positive note is that the service was ok and the atmosphere is lively. My advice is to make a reservation somewhere good and don't go to La Panza. The prices are average, but it's not worth it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
LaPanzaesPrimero, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Panza Es Primero, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thanks for your comments, they will help us to improve our service.
Zurich, Switzerland
“Tasty food - worst mango Margarita ever”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The place seems to always be full, but it could be because any restaurant in Madrid that does not sell tapas is sought after by the locals. When we arrived there were hardly any tables left. I ordered chicken flautas. They were good but lacked the green sauce and sour cream which is typical of flautas. My partner ordered a Molcajete. Almost as tasty as the one you get at Anderson's in Mexico City. To round our meal we opted for a pitcher of mango Margaritas. The glasses looked like dessert bowls. Minus points. But the worst part was that it was so sweet that by the end of the meal, I felt as if I had to vomit. Bottom line, I don't think we will be going back any time soon.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your comments, they will help us to improve our service.
Seville, Spain
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

If you are looking for a not fancy tohugh fun place to go for dinner on a saturday evening with a group of friends... it's a good choice. It is a good mexican in terms of food, with a reasonable service and the price is very much in line with the quality of the food. good value for money.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for your comments. Come back soon.