“Worst 'hotel' I've ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of SHS Hotel Aeropuerto

You added SHS Hotel Aeropuerto to your Saves list
SHS Hotel Aeropuerto
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Zaorejas s/n (Autovia A2 Km. 14), 28042 Madrid, Spain (Airport / Barajas)   |
Ranked #353 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
london
“Worst 'hotel' I've ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I'm giving this a one-star as it won't let me rate it zero. I was charged €164 for one night in this place, the normal price is around €40-50. The bathroom smelt of raw sewage, the bedroom didn't have any curtains and was on the ground floor, I did not feel safe. I pointed out the 'aroma' problem but was advised there were no other rooms available, I would have moved hotel but Madrid hotels were all full. The blocks of rooms must have been industrial units before, there's no sound-proofing, it's in an industrial estate and there's no lighting from the reception building to the prison blocks, if you're unstable on your feet I wouldn't advise staying here as the ground is uneven. The food's terrible and highly over-priced (there's nothing else near the hotel so they can charge what they like). There are no mini-bars in the rooms and no water available as the reception/restaurant closes at midnight. There was a vending machine in a tent in the car-park but there was no water in it! The 'welcome cocktail' didn't happen as there was nobody serving in the bar. At check-out I asked the receptionist if they could do anything with the price considering the bad room I had plus the cost but they weren't interested and quite grumpy that I had the affrontery to ask! The buffet breakfast was cold as their 'hotplates' didn't work, I thought I'd just make do with a coffee and croissant until I got to the airport, sadly the coffee was out of a vending machine and was also disgusting! I had to pay up the full cost, I feel robbed and would not recommend this hotel in any way, the worst place I've ever stayed (and I've stayed in some pretty seedy places that cost a fraction of this place!). STEER CLEAR!!

Room Tip: Go somehwere else.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Close to the airport, very nice people at the reception. Rooms are clean only surounding is idustrial. Free shuttle service is fine. In Total is o.k for this price. Unfortunately the bar is closing at midnight and no real breakfast before 6 o'clock in the morning.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bedford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

As I'm in a reasonably good mood I'll round it up to a 2. Yes, it is 'an airport hotel', and sort of does what it says on the tin but firstly the transfer form the airport took an absolute age as they didn't seem to know who they were picking up from which terminal or when, Secondly felt like the check-in was a real chore for the people behind the desk. Third did not really enjoy walking around in the dark to find the room, and when we did I thought we'd been transported to a Pontins camp. Fourth, we had to leave early the next morning and the only thing on offer was a coffee making machine and a doughnut for breakfast, OK if you're Homer Simpson I guess. And the guy on the desk was really grumpy again.

Positives - clean and quite close to the airport.

Won't be rushing back there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Mendoza, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

From Barajas airport but Ok. If you arrive later than 9 Pm you have to call in order to ask for the schedule to pick you up, after that they show up about 15 minutes later.
Not a bad experience. Clean room and bathroom and a pretty good breakfast. The staff was kind but do not expect anyone carrying your luggage or walking you to the room.
No food after 9 pm except some packed sandwiches.
Schedule to the airport next day on time and good service.

Room Tip: Makes no difference
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

the hotel was kind of ok, clean… but internet did not work… transfer tend to be late sometimes… i nearly missed my transatlantic flight for that reason...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Buenos Aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

At the last minute we decided to book a room for a night, as we had a lot of time between flights. We had to pay the rack rate, but if you book at least some days in advance, you pay half as much - and then the price is right.
The van picked us up at the airport - and brought us back - without much delay.
The room we got was big enough, with a good bathroom - and clean.
It is built like a motel, so you do not have to expect miracles.
Everybody was very helpful and we got what we were looking for: rest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Northumberland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is what it says an airport hotel. OK for an overnight stay between flights, clean room and bed linen, clean bathroom with free toiletries and a free shuttle bus that ran on time. The room we had was situated opposite reception on the first row and we had no noise problems, we asked for a quiet room reception also told us if we had a problem inform them and the room would be changed at once.
We enjoyed free complementary cocktails in the bar and paid 22euros each for a 3 course dinner with 1 glass of good quality wine and coffee. The food was good and the staff looked after us well -- better than we expected from a budget hotel.
The downside is we found this airport hotel very difficult to find, so difficult we eventually got one of our party a taxi and followed it to the hotel, even the taxi driver missed the turn off and told us it was not the most convenient of hotels to stay. Better directions could be given when booking but even then I suspect any stranger driving to it would have problems. Would probably stay elsewhere because of this, the last thing needed after a long drive is this added
complication.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to SHS Hotel Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!