“Not within easy reach of the airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Madrid Airport

You added Hilton Madrid Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Madrid Airport
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenida de la Hispanidad 2-4, 28042 Madrid, Spain (Airport / Barajas)   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #45 of 453 Hotels in Madrid
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Not within easy reach of the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed there for 1 night during a stopover in Madrid. The Hotel is not easy to reach from the Airport (Terminal 4, Iberia) and the taxi costs 26 € (!) to get there. There is a shuttle service from the hotel though, which takes approx. 15 min. We used this service for going to the airport the next morning and it worked well! The hotel itself is ok: the rooms are nicely appointed with a comfy bed - the rooms are very noisy though, as people come and go all night long and especially in the early morning had some Tapas at the bar in the evening: food quality was good, prices high.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest,

We truly appreciate your opinion as this allows us to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

Our team are always available to provide excellent service and on this occasion we can see that we have almost met your expectations, thanks to your valuable feedback.

In order to improve our service this summer, we want to offer one additional benefits for our guests.we are going to provide an additional complimentary shuttle service to & from the city Center, the point is Puerta de Alcalá, the hearth of Madrid.

This shuttle arranges to the Hilton Madrid at 18.15h and the pick-up service will be at 19.15h.

Please don´t forget the condition of reservation the same day and upon disponibility.

Of course, Hilton Madrid will maintain the usual shuttle service to & from the airport from 5:00am until Midnight every 20 minutes.
And in the morning, for transport to the city centre, this service takes a one-way journey in the mornings at: 9:15, 11:15 and 12:15.

We hope that you find this option like a really good advance

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and on the next occasion I would like to personally welcome you to Hilton Madrid Airport.

Iñigo Arruti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Hilton is the best hotel in Madrid. True, it is a 20' walk to the nearest metro station, but it is worthy, since on your way you find different restaurants, a mini market, and a delicious bakery-pattisserie. The hotel do offer a free shuttle service to Madrid's Puerta de Atocha (Plaza de la Independencia), as well as to the Atocha Renfe main train station and to the airport. I asked and was kindly given a ride to the metro station twice during my stay. I stayed there in mid July 2014 for five nights after having visited two other countries and 10 different cities. The Hilton became the base from where I took day trips to Toledo and other outings. The personnel is extremely helpful. The hotel is quiet, clean and it's amenities include a swimming pool, gym, and sauna; which after a long outing, are a balm for aching feet. Breakfast is not included in the price. Wi-Fi is not included in the price, but everybody has access to wi-Fi, with no payment, in the common areas of the hotel. They do offer a package of breakfast and in-room wi-fi. My bedroom, located in the fourth floor, had a panoramic view of the swimming pool; was big, with a comfortable king bed, a nice sized tv, minibar, safe, and an spacious bathroom.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments to the Hilton Madrid Airport. Our team are always available to provide excellent service and we can see that we have met your expectations, thanks to your positive feedback.

It is particularly to know you found convenient both our location and our shuttle service. Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, we do offer this complimentary shuttle service to the airport and to the city centre. This service takes a one-way journey in the mornings at: 9:15, 11:15 and 12:15. During the summer, we do also offer a shuttle service to Puerta de Alcalá at 18:15, with a pick-up service at 19:15.

We are very grateful to hear you had a wonderful stay in the hotel, and we truly look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Madrid Airport very soon

Upland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was conveniently located. The way it is built inside, all the hallways to the rooms look down on the lobby/restaurant area. Since this is Spain, people stay up very late so the lobby gets very loud. But once inside the room you really didn't hear the noise very much. Also, the pool is VERY nice. It's a real pool you can actually spend time in. I'd say a decent hotel overall.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. I am truly happy to know you had an excellent stay to the Hilton Madrid Airport.

I am pleased to hear that our hotel was to your expectations and that you appreciated our proximity to Barajas International airport. Did you manage to make the most of our complimentary shuttle service which runs between the Hotel and the airport terminals?

I truly hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future.

Best Regards,

Victoria, British Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Between it costing 23 euros (nearly $30) for a hamburger, 29 euros EACH, for the "breakfast", 20 euros for the internet service in my room (no, I do not want to go work downstairs in your "free internet area" ... 99% of hotels in this world provide free in-room wifi). $4 euros for a coke from our minibar, and the incompetent hotel staff not even calling us for our wake up call, I must say this was one of the worst hotels I stayed in during my entire 4 week trip over Europe.

The room:
The room was nothing special. I dont know what happened to the bathroom. It looked like something out of the Wizard of Oz. It was literally green marble from floor to ceiling. Very strange. The "view" was bad (there was a view of the highway from the 1 foot wide balcony). And again, there is NO FREE WIFI in the room. So if you're exhausted from your flight(s) and just want to relax, but need to get online, you'll have to go downstairs and sit with everyone else.

The staff:
Upon checking in I must say the staff wasn't very polite or happy to see us. Again, of all the hotels we visited on our 4 week trip to Europe, the staff at the Hilton Airport Madrid hotel were the worst. They never even call us for our wakeup call. Upon checking out, I asked them what happened to our wake up call. The lady at the front desk (wish I could remember her name) literally snickered at us and said "oh let me check" ... to which she walked to a sheet of paper, looked at it, and rudely told us "but we did call you.. and nobody picked up". Which was a complete lie, as we had been up for an entire hour before our scheduled wake up call. They simply never even called but lied and tried to say they did. She was extremely rude, and I was shocked that she would talk back to customers this way (especially customers who are in the right).

I would never stay at this hotel again. You can find much better hotels, with nicer staff, and not a complete rip off for food.

This hotel is getting a "terrible" rating due to awful staff, overpriced food, no free wifi, and not performing the wake up call like the should.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, General Manager at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear guest,

I am truly sorry to hear that this time; we have not met your expectations and fell short of fulfilling your expectations as a guest.

I will personally oversee the performance of our staff for avoid futures situations like these. We know that the treatment of our customers is one of our strengths.

We appreciate your comments which help us to improve day by day our attention and quality.

We would be incredibly grateful if you would give us another opportunity to change your opinion and to show you that your feedback has been heeded.

I really hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Madrid Airport in the near future, whereby we will be able to provide you with the highest level of service for which we are internationally known for!

Iñigo Arruti
PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

An early morning flight necessitated a stay at an Airport Hotel... typically something I dread. However, I was excited for this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. My trip started with a prompt, professional, and quick shuttle ride to the hotel. The hotel was located nearby the airport but far enough off to be in a quiet area. After a quick checkin, I went up to the room and was pleased to find it very clean and spacious. In particular, the bathroom was a great size with a tub and a rather large shower. The bed was soft and comfy. Outside taxis were readily available and made for an easy ride into Madrid to enjoy an evening of siteseeing and dinner before my flight. Returning, I spent some time at the hotel bar and was really impressed by the selections available and the great service from the bartender. Overall, the hotel was quiet and clean, with great service and a great location near the airport. It was also a great value. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear guest,

I cannot thank you enough for your kind comments regarding your stay to the Hilton Madrid Airport. It is an honour to receive such a positive feedback.

Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and al the equipment and conditions in perfect order. For this reason, I am truly happy to know we have met your expectations. Thank you very much.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Wichita Falls, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a good location from the airport. Breakfast is great. Executive lounge could use more space and variety of drinks and snacks/food. The front desk personnel are great. Bedrooms are awesome. A lot of space, bathroom is large. Pool is great and workout facility is very up to date. Great place for business's travel or for overnight stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are truly happy to hear you had an overall great stay.

It is particularly pleasant to hear you found our team members excellent. They are always available to provide an excellent service, and we can see we have met your expectations. Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We will take in consideration your suggestions in order to continually develop and improve our guests´ experience through our service.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Madeira, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

So convenient to airport, what a great way to end our vacation! The hotel shuttle was readily available and it only took 5 minutes to get to the airport, breakfast buffet was plentiful, hotel set up reminded me of an Embassy Suites in the US, very modern, clean and convenient. As a diamond HHonors member I was upgraded to a room with a fabulous bathroom and super comfortable bed. Staff was polite and helpful, overall a great stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonMadridAirport, Director de Recepción at Hilton Madrid Airport, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We cannot thank you enough for your kind comments to the Hilton Madrid Airport.

It is particularly pleasant to hear we have met your expectations and you had a great impression of our cleanliness and location. Our commitment is to provide the best service, the best food and all the equipment and conditions in the perfect order. For this reason, we are truly happy to know you found our airport shuttle convenient.

I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding our team members. They are always available to provide an excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Rooms Division Manager

Been to Hilton Madrid Airport? Share your experiences!